FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello to everyone

Rossi1968
Community Member
Hi. I would like to talk to people who suffer with anxiety. I have never spoken to someone with this problem before just doctors and phycologists. I have had a setback due to my dumb brain I stopped taking my meds and that was a mistake. I’m now dealing with anxiety most of the time and it is very hard. Life becomes unbearable when you are scared all the time. I’m waiting on some help from the anxiety disorder clinic but I just wanted to reach out to anyone who would like to chat and maybe give me some hope that one day I will live a better life. Thanks
49 Replies 49

Hi Rossi1968,

Im glad your phycologist appointment went ok….. did you seem to like the psychologist?

Sorry your anxiety is playing up today……When I’d have a bad day I’d tell myself tomorrow will be a better one and it usually was.

Keep busy don’t let it allow you to stop……. Even if you wash your motor bike… while doing this be present really put your attention into what you are doing and not inside your mind.

Being around people really helps aswell…

Keep pushing forward 💪 you will get through this ..

We only spoke twice so far but he seems very nice. I’m glad I have a male psychologist.
We talked for 1 1/2 hours about the accidents I’ve witnessed riding bikes for 35 years. Also the accidents I have had. He thinks that’s very traumatic. I have never thought about that. I’ve always thought having 2 massive break ups and addiction to drugs and alcohol and then being alone for so long was my problems with anxiety.
I want to be honest with you about my motivation to keep busy and visit friends. I’m just not doing it. I do every I need to do around the house but that’s it.

I’m glad that your psychologist is nice and I’m happy that your glad he’s male.

I think it helps when you feel comfortable with your psychologist.

Thank you for being so open with me.

Im sorry that you have witnessed so many accidents and had accidents yourself while riding bikes….. I understand that would be traumatic…

Did you once race bikes?

Im sorry you have had two massive break ups that would be really difficult.

I also understand addiction to drugs and alcohol is a really hard thing to go through……. I really do understand….. I believe it’s something that people do to try to numb the pain that they are going through inside themselves.

But Rossi1968 you can learn to confront that pain and then allow your healing to begin.

Im so happy that you are seeing a psychologist Rossi1968 it’s such a strong move for you well done…. Your psychologist will be able to help you to understand your self and why you react to things in the way that you do…. It’s a journey Rossi1968 but stick with it ……… our struggles can lead us to our most beautiful destinations.

Also Rossi1968 that’s ok in regards to your motivation, keeping busy also involves doing things around the house 😊 so that’s good ..

Just take it a day at a time

Hi….. have you ever suffered with anxiety when you go to bed. ?

Hi Rossi1968,

When I had severe anxiety I’d find it hard to fall asleep and when I did fall asleep I’d wake up an hour later….. wide awake… on alert…. and then find it hard to get back to sleep..

This all subsided….

Are you having trouble sleeping?

I have anxiety or panic in bed. I can sleep with my night meds but only 5 hours. And the meds make it impossible to sleep without them.
what’s funny about the night anxiety is that it has happened all my adult life. But years ago it only happened when I was drunk and stone and I just thought I was to drunk and stone. But now I have the dramas I’ve got now I think I have had panic attacks for years and blamed it on drugs and alcohol. I just don’t think this problem will get better.
lately it’s just physical my mind is fairly calm.
it is a very strange thing.

Have you been able to speak to your gp or phycologist about this panic that you experience?

Panic attacks are horrible to experience I understand I also use to suffer with these…. It is a strange feeling..

Hey petal22. I just wanted to let you know I’m doing better now my meds are working. I’m seeing a psychologist and things are better. I need to thank you because your kind words seen me through a difficult time. I may not be online much now I’m feeling better. But I will never forget your help.
I hope you have a wonderful Xmas and a happy new year.

Hi Rossi1968,

Thank you for your beautiful kind message to me Rossi1968, it bought tears to my eyes….. I’m so grateful that I was able to help you through a difficult time.

Im so glad you are feeling better and that your meds are working and your seeing a psychologist.

Thank you, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year 😊

Please know if you ever need to chat about anything I’m here 😊

So happy for you, have a great day 😊🙏