FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello to everyone

Rossi1968
Community Member
Hi. I would like to talk to people who suffer with anxiety. I have never spoken to someone with this problem before just doctors and phycologists. I have had a setback due to my dumb brain I stopped taking my meds and that was a mistake. I’m now dealing with anxiety most of the time and it is very hard. Life becomes unbearable when you are scared all the time. I’m waiting on some help from the anxiety disorder clinic but I just wanted to reach out to anyone who would like to chat and maybe give me some hope that one day I will live a better life. Thanks
49 Replies 49

Hi Rossie1968,

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

I understand it is very difficult….. anxiety is… but you really can overcome this! What you are going through is temporary things will get better.

When I was in the depths of my severe anxiety I use to think why is this happening to me? I thought I was going crazy……. It was a very scary place to be……

After receiving the professional help that I needed I recovered and the severe anxiety is gone.

If I can recover there is HOPE that you can too! Just hang in there and take it day by day……….. I’m living proof that you CAN recover…….

Im always here if you have any questions or want to chat……..

If you are feeling like your anxiety is severe don’t hesitate in going back to your gp and discussing how you are feeling……

I found being with people helped me when I was in the depths of my anxiety OCD and keeping busy….. I applaud you for going to work….. just shows how resilient you are…..

Thank you for talking with me I do feel better reading your post. Now I’m feeling ok right now at work. I can only take one day at a time. It’s hard to believe there are people like you.
your an absolute champion

That’s ok Rossi1968,

Im glad you are feeling ok now at work….

I found when I was going through severe anxiety it was always worse in the morning and as the day got on the anxiety improved…. I told my doctor about this and my doctor advised that this was a normal pattern for anxiety…….

Being around people really helps I’d even go out to the shops when I was feeling extremely anxious just so I could be around people I’d even chat to the shop assistants…..

Just hang in and yes one day at a time and just keep pushing forward you will get there!

This phase of your life is temporary things will get better….. really they will.

Thank you for your kind words 😊

I feel I went through my condition so I could come out the other side to help others who are going through a mental health condition.

Im always here to chat please ask me any questions………

We are all a supportive caring community and here to support you.

You aren’t alone

Rossi1968
Community Member
Hi. I’m feeling very nervous and stressed out I was driving to work it was raining very hard and I was thinking the site workers would be in the factory which made me very anxious. I can’t seem to settle down now and I want to go home. I’m still here at work but it very hard.
just want to talk to someone.

Hello Rossi, just a quick word, people who take medication and start to feel better, then decide they don't need to take it anymore, then after a while, they tend to relapse, and I'm not qualified to say, but taking medication for any disorder like anxiety, isn't the same as taking a headache tablet, which goes away in a short time, but with anxiety, this doesn't happen because you are put in so many different situations.

Remember to check with your doctor about what dose you're taking and if you can cope with it.

Geoff.

Rossi1968
Community Member
Thanks for the reply Geoff. I’m not sure what to think about that one. I’ve seen my doctor twice since I got back on my meds. My anxiety has not been this bad in years and it’s scary. I understand your just being honest but it not what I needed to hear right now. Positive feedback from people who have overcome this problem helps. I hope this didn’t come across as rude

Good morning Rossi,

Welldone for getting to work!

Remember the mornings are always the hardest with anxiety so just hang in there and talk to your work mates and keep busy it will settle down as the day goes on..

Practice slowing down your breathing.

Things will get better….. keep pushing forward..

Linger316
Community Member

hi Rossi,

We are in the same boat. I am also currently suffering from anxiety. But as Petal22 has said, it is usually worst in the mornings then as that day progresses it gets better. I am also taking medication but I cannot tell if it really is working or not. Lately, I also feel a bit burnt out and lack motivation in doing anything. I just want to go back to my old self, before I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder 1, but I don't know how.

Hi again. I didn’t make it at work and I’ve come home but home isn’t good hot flushes pins and needles and a never ending feeling of when is this going to stop

I wish I knew a way to help you. Everyone says just hang in there but that seems hard right now. My thoughts go out to you it must be hard dealing with this problem. If there is anything I can do by chatting here don’t hesitate to talk I will try and help.