FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello to everyone

Rossi1968
Community Member
Hi. I would like to talk to people who suffer with anxiety. I have never spoken to someone with this problem before just doctors and phycologists. I have had a setback due to my dumb brain I stopped taking my meds and that was a mistake. I’m now dealing with anxiety most of the time and it is very hard. Life becomes unbearable when you are scared all the time. I’m waiting on some help from the anxiety disorder clinic but I just wanted to reach out to anyone who would like to chat and maybe give me some hope that one day I will live a better life. Thanks
49 Replies 49

You’re too kind Rossi. Trying to help me well in fact you yourself is also having a hard time. Sometimes just typing out my feelings help and also knowing that I am not alone in this makes it somewhat easier. I hope it gets better for both of us.

Hi Rossi1968,

I understand….

Anxiety is difficult especially when it’s high……..

I have been exactly we’re you are and believe me you will get through it.

You need to keep persevering it can sometimes feel like a marathon but it’s a marathon you can win!

Id never allow my anxiety to stop me from doing anything…… even when it was screaming at me and everything in my body said to stop…… I’d keep going! You are so much stronger than your anxiety…. defy it……

It helped me to be around people and the days I was at home I’d write myself a list of what I wanted to get done the next day and I’d follow the list ….it kept me motivated and busy for the day and I’d feel pretty good for getting things done while I was so anxious……… practice keeping your attention on the tasks at hand and not in your head….. be present

Meditation is great! Have you ever tried it?

and exercise is great for anxiety aswell……

If you feel as though you need to go back to your gp and discuss how you are feeling please do so.

You could also do a mental health plan with your gp this will allow you to see a psychologist who can give you many strategies for anxiety.

Your not alone and you will get through this…. Stay positive

Hey again…

I am waiting for a reply from the anxiety clinic in Penrith they rang me on Wednesday to say I’ve been excepted and will email me for a FaceTime chat and explain what happens next. But right now I just don’t want to do anything. Work seems to be harder and harder each day. My anxiety lasts all day long. And before I had this setback I was doing ok. I be been back on my meds now 4 weeks and I’m just not sure about things anymore.
And I think you are a much tougher person than me.

Hey…. You just do your best to keep busy. Try some walking in the fresh air. If you have a mental health plan that’s good if not see your gp and get one going it will help. There is so much proof on this forum that people recover. I’m not good right now not sure if I will make it to work on Monday it feels to much right now. But just know I’m here if you need a chat.

That’s fantastic Rossi1968 that you have been accepted into the clinic I’m sure they will be able to help you…

You may have to wait a little longer for your meds to work fully but when you also do therapy this will help.

I understand it’s really hard, it’s not easy……. Try to keep busy……

Do you have people around you?

Things will improve…..

“Look Beyond the Struggle “

Thank you for your kind words. One day at a time is all I can do. I do have good days. The weird thing is when I have a good day I just don’t know how it can change and I get anxiety again. I guess there is a trigger but it feels very random. Do you ever feel like this. ???

Hi Rossi1968,

Thats ok 😊

Yes when I was going through anxiety I’d have good days and bad days.

When I’d have a bad day I’d tell myself that tomorrow will be better and it usually was.

Try to be positive…. 😊

I found with anxiety it’s something that you have to persevere with but you will get there.

Perseverance builds resilience I didn’t know how resilient I really was until severe anxiety OCD put me to the test….. it was very challenging but a challenge I’m grateful to have had because it bought me so much self growth.

Hi

i enjoy reading your positive thoughts.
im always chasing answers for how anxiety effects me. It’s been years since I have had these problems and I think I have forgot how bad it was when I was diagnosed. My problem now is I’m so scared of anxiety that my mind can’t forget it. Does that make any sense. Lol

Hi Rossi1968,

Im glad you enjoy reading my positive thoughts.

I totally understand……. Anxiety is fear based and because you have anxiety now you will feel this emotion more, once it settles it will become easier and yes it will settle.

I remember waking up one morning with anxiety running high it was the morning I decided to stop running from it and face it head on…… I bit the anxiety back….. I said come and get me……

I accepted I had anxiety but by doing what I did made me feel a bit more superior to it…….

By accepting that I had this condition it made it easier to sit with my anxious feelings rather than run from them and now that I accepted it I could work on overcoming it…

With your therapy you will learn a lot of strategies for your anxiety.

How is it you know what to say.
you sure your not a psychologist. Lol
I have my first app on Friday which is done through FaceTime I hope it goes well. I think a have a way to help me deal with this anxiety. I once had a panic attack while away on my motorbike it was in the middle of nowhere on a 35 degree day and I was in the bush not knowing how to get out of the situation but I eventually rode 50 klms to a hotel and slept for 10 hours.
so I keep telling myself if I can do that I can deal with this right now.
I hope one day I can ride a bike again. Fingers crossed