FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

So so lonely 😢 feel unloved💔

Guest_341
Community Member

Feeling so incredibly unloved 💔😢

I have a big issue with my self esteem.....I look attractive in the mirror but at the same time I hate what I see. ...am I really ugly or could I possibly be attractive 😔

So sorry for posting about such a minor issue 😔

Love Julie ❤

49 Replies 49

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Julie

I've seen you around supporting Michael and others and meant to drop in and say hi, now I'm here I can you need company, and also for some reason don't like what you see in the mirror - which is realy sad. You are one of those that puts there picture here so all of us can see how wrong you are, even your smile is pretty good.

It's a pity with such things as self esteem the words of others - even true ones - can just bounce off without effect. I guess it takes more than words, perhaps repeated experience of being well regarded, perhaps for some counseling or therapy. Depression or anxiety tend to make one feel bad about oneself, it can be a real trap.

CMF has had some good suggestions, interacting with people does help. So I'll mention if you just want to talk and say what you like about books, movies, art, even TV programs you will always be welcome at:

Forums / BB Social Zone / Croix Parler

Similarly if you want to cheer yourself up - or help cheer others go to

Forums / Staying well / Store Your Happy Memories Here:

Where you can read other peoples happy memories and maybe put down one or two of you own for others to enjoy when they are down.

The reason I mention those two threads in particular is firstly I tend to be around them a fair bit and can look out for you and secondly talking about specific topics rather than just generally can sometimes be easier

Either way you will be very welcome

Croix

Guest_341
Community Member

Hi Croix😊 your words have bought a tear to my eye 😢 knowing that someone actually notices me and that I'm not irrelevant.

Thank you for the comment about my picture, I try to smile most days but it can be hard.

I will have a look at those forums and hopefully see you there 😊

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Mardi

How you doing?

Ive read some of your replies and also noticed your attempts to help others which is commendable.

Therapy is a strange word. Most people think its only sitting and talking to another person. I believe its much more. The knowledge I've obtained from this forum in helping others has been amazing. Its self help therapy. Plus the bonus of reaching out to others.

After a few hundred podts if your heart is in becoming a community champion, there is a chance of that happening. Its a great goal to have.

As for your low self esteem I can say that from a male viewpoint a bubbly humour is number one, kindness number 2, etc. Good looks is down the list.

So I hope you are ok. Hang around,you are valued

Tony WK

I have all of those qualities Tony😊

Thank you so much ❤ your reply means a lot 😊😊😊

hello Julie, there is something that everybody who is suffering from some sort of depression feels, that they look in the mirror and who do they see, nobody, it's not you, it's another person, it's literally an image that means nothing, how can this be, well you can see straight through this reflection, it has no meaning, you don't even know who or what you are looking at, a smile means nothing, but a tear, well that's something you can actually see, and it's pulling your face down, so then you must turn away from the mirror, there's no point looking at it.
That's not how you get approval, you judge yourself too harshly, all you need is a smile from somebody else, a smile that doesn't go through but stops so you can soak it in, a blaze of glory, carry that warmth with you, don't push it away, store it in your mind, and then when someone says hello to you, store it as well, build up these affirmations, pick a flower that glows, help a snail across the footpath or pat a dog that's wagging it's tail.
When you can manage any of these then you will know that life does actually love you, that's what you have to do before we can start to love ourselves. Geoff.

Hey Julie

Great to see you again 🙂 I wish I could use my mobile as well as you use yours...seriously. It just takes me forever using a cell phone posting to Beyond Blue even though I am a tech head lol

Im sorry that you have feeling lonely as that is bad place to be in for sure Julie

There is nothing ugly about you in any way shape or form. You are very attractive not to mention the huge 'spark' you have when you post. You have been doing really well helping others out since we last spoke Julie 🙂 Nice1

Really nice to see you again Julie and thanks heaps too for helping others out too!

Hugs for you (if thats okay of course)

Paul

Oh wow❤❤ what a beautiful reply 😊 your words almost make me feel like.crying happy tears😚 thank you so much for making me feel good about myself. ...and the hugs are okay of course😊😊😊😊

Thank you Paul😊😊😊

Guest_341
Community Member

Thank you Geoff for your reply😊😊

Reading your reply makes me think about myself and what I see in the mirror and how I think about myself. .. I need to love myself and not forget I matter to this world in some way 😊😔

There have been many tears recently but they have needed to be shed....

Thank you for making me feel welcome 😊😊

Thankyou Julie for the super kind post! You have just made my day 🙂 (and many others by being a part of what the forums represent too...Good1

I joined the forums in January 2016 after being made redundant from a senior corporate position. I didnt have any expectations as I knew that Facebook was a 'negative' place to be in for me so I signed up here. I have met so many wonderful people on the forums. They have also helped guide me through my clinic depression too.

We are all the equal on the forums Julie. Your posts have the same weight as anyone else or champions for that matter. You are an intelligent and well articulated person and a gem to have on the forums too. You have been helping others out as well 🙂

Tears are vital where recovery is concerned....as you have said. Being a guy (yes...we are slower) it took me 13 years of some serious anxiety to cry my heart out to a counselor on a second visit when having weekly visits for seven months in the 90's. He was a community health worker and had a huge interest in mental health (mine)

You are very much a part of the Beyond Blue forum family Julie

Thankyou for being here 🙂

My kindest as always

Paul

Thank you so much for your sweet and kind comments 😊😊😊if only you knew how much they mean to me😊

I want to reply properly tomorrow as you have so generouslytaken the time to reply to me😊😊

😴 my bed is calling 😄

Good night Paul

Chat tomorrow 😊🌙🌟