FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

So so lonely 😢 feel unloved💔

Guest_341
Community Member

Feeling so incredibly unloved 💔😢

I have a big issue with my self esteem.....I look attractive in the mirror but at the same time I hate what I see. ...am I really ugly or could I possibly be attractive 😔

So sorry for posting about such a minor issue 😔

Love Julie ❤

49 Replies 49

I'm up and down today 😔😢

Need a hug real bad😢

Mathy
Community Member

Hello Julie, I’ve just read your thread 🙂 Firstly, you have a lovely caring personality, great smile and are not unattractive at all 🙂

I just wanted to say, that if you use the BMI to work out your healthy weight, then you weight is healthy. But, as muscle weighs more than fat, the BMI is not necessarily accurate, and can give you “false” negative feelings about yourself, if you are lean and toned. I wanted to mention this, because in the past I have worked with a lot of young women with eating disorders, who worried too much about the BMI, exercised a lot, put on muscle and decreased their fat - so frustrating to have them stressing because their BMI wasn’t “right”.

You have a warm, generous heart, keep on being you, hope your day has been fantastic! Cheers M:)

Mardi Redhead said:

Unfortunately my weekend wasn't great. Wasn't too bad on Sat but yesterday and today I feel really low....extremly self conscious 😢

I weigh normally weigh54kgs but have put on 2 and nearly cried....I hate what I see in the mirror and feel fat (plus I'm only 5ft2)

😢😢😢😢😢

So that's how I feel, crap😔 not beautiful AT ALL😔😔

I hear you Mardi, I really do...

R u someone that can ask for a hug, I do lol...

Even better is there anyone you're close to that can give you one?

Id give you a hug if I could. ( I'm female).

When nobody's been around to hug me I've listened to soothing music to get the feelings out...hopefully urs come out soon.

((Hugs))

Guest_341
Community Member

Thanks Mathy (male or female?) for your kind words😊

I'm taking each day at a time😔 the last few days have been a struggle. ..thank you 😊

Hi😊 yes I would ask for a hug but not really anyone around that I'd want to ask😔

Thank you for your kind words😊

Kimmy76
Community Member

Hey, im so sorry that you feel this way. I am 5'10, tanned skinny and what you would class as 'beautiful" but you know what, good looks get you now where. Be happy with how you look, even if it's plain or not. Beauty comes from inside

Hi Everyone,

The idea of "beauty" is an interesting theme to consider. I wonder how many "beautiful" people out there do not feel happy about their lives, and how many people who may not be considered beautiful by some, are extremely happy with themselves and their lives.

It amazes me when I see people on T.V. or in magazines or in books who have been severely deformed in some way, yet they still manage to have incredible lives, are happy, content to be who they are and get on with things.

Lately I have been looking for contentment in my life, plus a sense of peace to be the person who I am, not to wish I was someone I will never be. I am me.

Some days I wear make up and put on bright clothes, it helps me feel better about myself. Other days I'm happy to be just me in daggy jeans and t-shirt.

To me it is what we have in our hearts and souls that means the most.

I'm working on being happy about being ME.

Cheers all from Dools

Hi I have been reading your posts. I was searching for posts related to unloved because I often feel unloved (for different reasons). I am moved by the you have responded to people. You are so sweet. You tell people how much you appreciate them, how much you value their help and support, which really make people (at least me) want to help you because I know I will be loved by you when I help you. It just gives me a very warm and soft feeling when I read your replies. Though sadly I don’t care that much about body weight and shape... especially since depression I haven’t felt like eating much and I have been going to clinical Pilates after a recent accident... so body weight and shape just doesn’t bother me much... sorry I cannot help you with that aspect. But I can assure you that the way you talk shows love and really makes people want to love you. At least I wish I were you and can talk to others like you so people can also love me a bit more. 🙂 I too just want some more love...

Hi ThisNameIsNotReal,

Welcome to this thread. As you can see, it has not been active for a while, so I am not sure if the original poster will get back to you or not.

It sounds like you are in a place where you are feeling sad and lonely, I am sure many of us can relate to that. Depression can certainly make us feel like people don't care at all, when in reality some may care, we are just unable to see it.

Do you have people there who you can talk with? I sometimes find that just asking a friend to join me in a coffee helps even if I don't tell them I am suffering badly with my depression, just the company is nice.

How can we help you to feel more accepted, loved and cared for?

I believe we are all important and that all people have a purpose even if we can't see it for ourselves.

As humans, we all desire to be loved and cared for by someone. I hope you can accept my best wishes for you to feel better about yourself and to know that you do matter, that you are important, and even though I don't know you, I do wish you well.

Depression can hurt, loneliness can feel all encompassing, I understand that.

Sorry to read about your accident, I hope the Pilates is helping you to recover.

May you feel some comfort today.

Cheers from Dools

Keppa
Community Member

Hi I wonder how you are going a year later. I think your feelings ate quite common and people generally grow out of them in time. I always thought I had a big nose and bad breath.It just takes one or two people to make a comment and then it becomes an obsession.

At that time puberty..when growth is still not in proportion..my nose was a bit wider and I had school friends and my mother point it out.

I probably did have bad breath at times probably due to poor dental hygiene..I would not go to a dentist unless a had a cavity.

Anyway sounds like someone has mentioned you are unattractive and then it became an obsession.

Really attractivenes is partly genes, grooming and personal taste.

Hope this helps.x