FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not in a good space

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
It's like a feeling just bubbling up to the surface. It's panicky and disgusting and I dont' know what to do with it. There's no thoughts associated with it. It's a feeling. A really gross one. I called the Suicide Call Back service. I didn't find them helpful. What do you do? What helps you?
1,405 Replies 1,405

Sophie_M
Hi Katyonthehamsterwheel,

It sounds like you’re managing many different feelings and emotions right now which must be very overwhelming. We hope that writing here can help you work through what you’re feeling. Maybe you can start by helping the community understand when you started feeling this way. What was happening in your life when you started to experience this feeling of things bubbling up to the surface? 

When you feel up it, our Beyond Now suicide safety planning app may be a helpful resource to you. You can read about how it works and where to download it here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/beyondnow-suicide-safety-planning . You can even call Lifeline (131114) and compete it with one of their counsellors over the phone if you'd like.

We look forward to hearing how you’re going, whenever you feel comfortable.

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Katy

I am so sorry you are having these feelings and that you did try to reach out and that the Suicide Call Back service was not helpful. Would you be up for trying LIfeline 13 11 14 or perhaps even the Beyond Blue line on 1300 22 4636?...I know it is annoying to have to retell a tale but sometimes you just never know who is on the other end and it just might be that person who can connect with you and make a difference to you, as you experienced sometimes not, but we are all human and we make connections with different people, would you be up to reaching out to them?

I have no idea how you are feeling and I have no idea what to tell you to make this go away, but I would give anything to know the answers and to make feelings like this never exist. I am sure that you have some things in place that you can do to try to make you feel better but clearly that is not working today. I am so sorry this is happening I really am and if I could be there to hug you I would.

Please don't hesitate to call 000 either and get an ambulance if you really are so pained you don't know what to do and you don't feel safe. Please make that call.

Huge hugs to you Katy and my heart and support go out to you at this time.

Hugs

AS

As I've posted elsewhere I recently suffered a pregnancy loss, followed by my partner leaving me and moving on really quickly with someone else. Most days I just cry a lot. But then there are days like today where a feeling just rises up out of nowhere and along with it suicidal thoughts. Its scary. I feel ill and shaky.

Hey Katy

Just reaching out this morning to check to see how you are doing and yesterday was a particularly hard day for you. I hope that today is better and that you can find something today to make you smile.

Hope to chat soon

AS

Hi there

Yes, yesterday was a 10 on the richter scale but here I am, still here. I don't really know what to do in that space, but breathe and hold on. Maybe no-one else knows either. Thanks for reaching out. Your kindness is appreciated x

Katy

So wonderful to hear from you Katy and that today is nothing like yesterday.

Well done for reaching out and getting some support when you are feeling at a 10. Although I have no idea how it feels and I so very grateful for that, I am here for you to chat and to try to understand and listen when you need it.

Breathing and holding on, absolutely and perhaps even putting a call in to say Lifeline 13 11 14 to get some tips on what to do in those scary and dark moments. I am so proud of you for holding on and so very grateful that you are still here, I really mean that.

What are some of the techniques that you have used in the past to get through these times when you feel so overwhelmed and so very scared and over it? Only if you want to share that is.

Great to chat to you Katy and so very happy you are reaching out xx

Hi Katy,

sorry to hear about your current situation, I know it can feel like hell. I have recently been at my lowest myself and am just starting to see some light myself .

these forums have been great and there is a lot of knowledge on here that can help.

if you feel up to it tell us what help you are currently receiving if any as this may help the forum give you better advise .

hang in there ,there is help
Andrew

Thanks, yeah maybe I'll try lifeline next time, as I didn't find the other line helpful. In the past I've been lucky I've had people I could ask for help, to just sit with me until I'm ok. I don't have anyone any more. I don't think I'm the only one that is all alone. Poor mental health tends to take us away from people. I think that's why these forums and people like yourself are so important.

I am sorry to hear that the other line was not helpful, but just the same as doctors and people in life, we don't connect with everyone, so perhaps you got someone that didn't make the connection with you and hopefully if you can keep reaching out and trying that maybe you get a person that can give you something that resonates and works for you.

Thanks so very much for your kind words about this community, there are so many special and wonderful people here, and one of them is you. Together we get mental health issues out in the open and together we talk and support each other. Not to mention all the people that read these threads that don't comment, we are supporting them too, so thank you for be apart of this amazing community.

AS