FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Wanting to just sleep and not wake up.

A_tired_person
Community Member

I've been having thoughts for the last few years regarding death and/or suicide. I tend to think almost constantly 'what if i just sleep and not wake up?' or 'i hope i just die in my sleep.'. I don't want to actively take my life, i just want random chance to do it for me.

I've tried therapy a few years ago, but it's had no effect. i've been diagnosed with anxiety and autism, but i don't know if i have depression as well. I just hope that things will get better for me, i'm just tired all of the time. Not physically tired, but mentally and emotionally tired.

13 Replies 13

Hi.

I'm 40 and pretty much every feeling you listed I have.

Its ok. You will be ok also.

Seek help immediately as it saved my life and I still have a long way to go.

It's brave you reached out so now tell those who can help you.

Just my opinion.

Chris

firstly, I want to know you do not have the apologise. Sometimes it needs to feel right to you to be able to say what you did, and I am honored you told me here. Thank you!

I don't know much about your situation etc. but you sound so certain that seeing a GP will mean going on medication. And it is also good you are able to talk to someone at school. Do you get along well with that person? I hope you find the things you do helpful.

Do you have a phone that you can install apps onto? Something like smilingmind or relax melodies. These are apps that can help you with relaxation and other tools to help you manage in the times you are struggling. It is just a thought.

lastly, and about getting a diagnosis ... I have been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist for about 3 years and still do not really have a diagnosis and all I know is that I have the depression, anxiety and SI. (Part of this is related to haemochromatosis.) I am not suggesting that you would not get a diagnosis, yet for some people we can sit in a grey area between different things. And progress is also slow.

can i take part of this journey with you?

Cee123
Community Member
Hi there, I just want to say I have the same problem. Same diagnoses, same situation. Same issue with therapy (as in it didn't work for me). I'm on antidepressants. It didn't cure my depression but it numbs my emotional state. But I am getting so tired of the loneliness each and every day. I dont even know what to do anymore.

Hi Tired Person,

I have just read your recent thread and it feels that you have come a some way since your original post.

I totally agree with you, that you need to see a GP, to support with the identification and delivery of your treatment plan.

Each persons mental issues will be unique to them and therefore so will their treatment, and on most occasions this will be combination of medication and counselling.

Unfortunately, there still is a huge negative stigma, and miseducation in regards to mental health. On a personal note I have experienced majority of the systems you have listed and the feeling of being tired for majority of the day was extremely crippling and one of the hardest to treat and manage, but I got there with the support of my medical team and that was key.

I hope you also have a fulfilling initial counselling session with your GP, and then between the two of you and with the support of your mum you receive the correct treatment that meets your unique needs.

Wishing you all the best.

Baljit