FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sick and tired of being sick

Bbydoll
Community Member

Hello. I'm battling multiple auto immune diseases along with chronic pain. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired; physically, mentally, emotionally and financially etc. I've got no partner, kids or family around. And very few real friends that actually bother to check in on me. My shrink retired earlier in the year. I'm on medication but lately my health has once again deteriorated. Including over $2500 worth of urgent dental work with more needed afterwards.

I can't take much more of this. I spoke with a close friend the other day; who I haven't seen for 8 months and although he was kind enough to let me pour my heart out. He couldn't help me. And has other priorities. I feel as though everyone thinks I'm ok.. because I've been through so much that I'll get through this.

I just want it to end. I'm tired of struggling. Every. Single. Day.

I don't want to live like this anymore.

207 Replies 207

I am sorry about the teeth issues you had and are having. Sometimes it just feels too much going through physical pain and discomfort in our mouths. The last 6 months have been like that for me. And I do just want this mouth issue to just end. Sick of it.

Anyways good on you for making all those soups. The porcupine one sounds sort of cute. I have never heard of that one before. Are the meatballs small like the ones in your vegetable soup?

Good you got a stand alone freezer. So you are able to bulk cook. Do you enjoy cooking at all? It does sound creative those porcupine meatballs.

And ah ok, you post on instragram memories with friends. Do you find that helpful to remember happy times? I put up a lot of healthy food pics on my Instagram. Meals and smoothies I make. Mainly to help myself eat more healthy foods. Plus I do like the creative side of it as well. Do you like photography maybe?

I do hope you are feeling even a little less alone and that someone is in your corner.

Much care to you Bbydoll

You popped into my thoughts Bbydoll. So just saying hello. And hope you are getting along as best that is possible.

And if I said anything wrong at all to you. Please will you forgive me? I don't always know what to say. But I really do care about you and hope you are ok

Thinking of you

Hi Shelll and Sophie, sorry I haven't been around. The site had logged me out. Nothing has changed. I'm pretty much ignored by everyone despite putting on my Facebook page that I'm struggling with the lock down... no one has checked up on me. . Not a text or a phone call. Nothing. I texted my male friend last week and called him leaving a voice mail asking him to call me and have heard nothing back. My female friend who earns a 6 figure income didn't even offer to help me pay for the dentist - so I haven't been and I'm worried that I'm going to loose the remaining part of what little tooth I have left (front molar in my smile line) so would be definitely noticable. I'm feeling suicidal on it. Because I have enough things going wrong with my body as it is... I don't need this as well. I don't have a spare $3000 to $8000 for a false (screw in replacement tooth either).. and that's providing I have enough gum left. I'm so tired of struggling with this on my own. Every. SINGLE. Day. The lock down only makes this harder.

Hi Bbydoll,

It must be super tough to be dealing with so many issues on your own. Financial issues can make a huge impact on one’s wellbeing. Not receiving the support from loved ones can feel like immense isolation and feel like an extra burden to carry. Have you tried contacting emergency services such as St Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc? They might be able to support with some funds even if it is an indirect way. 

We have contacted you privately to offer you support. You can also contact Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467). 

If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

You do not have to deal with anything alone. The community is here to support you and we are always here to listen. 

Hi dear Bbydoll,

Is it helping you by writing on here when you are able to? Just someone to listen to you.

Can you get a crown, a bridge or partial denture for your tooth? Not sure how much they are though.

Thinking of you today. Beautiful day outside here Bbydoll. Anyway just saying hello.

Not sure if you ever read this. Bbydoll

But I am thinking of you at the moment. And just want to say May you have a happy Christmas this year..

Here is a virtual theatre ticket**for you for Christmas. I know you like going to the theatre .. So yeah here you go. Hope you are doing well