FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three self-care things you did today!

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We can do it BBers, we can do self-care.

Sleepy21 pointed out research that shows self-care REALLY helps!

Please share what you do for self-care so we can get inspiration, ideas and motivation to do it too.

Best wishes
EM

1,654 Replies 1,654

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

New posters are always welcome!

My 3 today: 
* had a nap
* reconfigured my finances
* will have a long, hot bath tonight. 
Love EM

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

singing, reading, chatting

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey smallwolf, nice to see you! Nice ones too 🙂

New posters are always welcome!

My self care today was base level: 
~ reacted to the senses of PTSD being triggered by leaving and thinking of what Blue from the forums would say to me, it helped so much. 

~ will keep pursuing my new boundaries, no more today but back on to it asap
~ ate a healthy lunch. 

Love EM

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

My three self-care things today:

1. Painting with my friend
  2. Going for a walk with my family
  3. Spending some time with one of my cats

I'll post my self cares tomorrow. Tonight, just dropping in to give you a hug, EM. I'm glad I could help you, even when not immediately present. You did great.

Thanks Blue, you did great work for me without even being there! You're so clever lol. 

Hey sbella, that sounds so beautiful and fun painting with your friend! LOVE THAT! 

My 3 self-care things today: 
~ read the beautiful posts from my wonderful, supportive BB friends
~ allowed myself to have a cry, tears of gratitude for this forum

~ spent time raking and sweeping in my garden - yes that's self care for me lol. 

Love EMxxxx

Hi all,

EM, glad to be of help. 🙂

Sbella, hope painting went well, did you have a go with the oils?

My self cares:

1) Tried drawing something way outside my comfort zone (a horse). Was using the golden rule of "don't try to be good"! Just wanted to see if I could draw something that looked vaguely horse-like. It wasn't perfect, but was a lot better than I thought I could do. Learning, yo!

2) Decided to get stuck into making the new 40K army I've been wanting to start for ages, with LM's help. We've been assembling the models together.

3) Made plans to see a friend independently of LM, this week (this is huge, as I am in a carer role and needing to do a thing for myself).

Blue.

Blue,

I didn't end up trying the oils unfortunately, as much as I wanted to! I figured I'd stick with what I know for this particular painting I'm doing at the moment, but I do have other canvases waiting to be used and I have intentions to try the oils sometime soon. I'll let you know when I do. 

It's amazing to hear that you tried drawing something that's outside of your comfort zone, well done! I once read something on Instagram (of all places) that said how art has been turned into something that we do for in competition with one another or for profit (hence why we have "masters" of art), rather than being seen as a natural human behaviour. This really reframed how I view the mistakes I make when drawing or painting, which I tend to fixate on as a perfectionist. 

What do you tend to draw/create, in terms of the content of your art? Do you have a particular style that you like or do you tend to switch it up?

EM, of course raking and sweeping the garden is self-care, you're cleaning your personal space. I really admire people who put lots of time and effort into making their outdoor spaces look nice, gardens can be a fantastic place to reflect and be happy.

SB

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Blue and sbella!   
New posters are always welcome!    This is my "Ode to BG Paul" lol. 

Thanks to all your talk about art I decided to program for something new at work. 
I am always given the "less than cooperative" clients lol! So I have another group that haven't been able to learn what the previous practitioners were trying to teach them. 

I decided to use ART to find out their baselines ie what hey already know. 
I have some awesome posters for them to creatively & colourfully apply any types of anything I have for them! lol. 
Monday's the day. I'll let you know how we went. They always get excited when they know they're having me, it's lovely, I'm ALWAYS an out-of-the-box practitioner lol.

My self-cares today: 
~ came straight home instead of staying late at work
~ made myself a cuppa and am spending a short time with my BB friends
~ will send a THANK YOU text to one of the kid's exes & family for sending me THE most beautiful fragrant flower arrangement and a Thank You note inside AWWW! How freaking sweet. 

Love EM 

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

New posters always welcome! 

My 3 self-care things today:

~ cancelled my dentists appt tomorrow. More their care than mine lol! High temps etc, wouldn't be fair or MORAL to expose the staff. 
~ went straight to bed when I got home. 
~ enjoyed some gritty YT episodes I love! 
EMxxxx