FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Men isolated

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to hear from men. I want to know your inner feelings about anything that you feel isolated about. I'd like to know if you feel that the revolution towards equality of the sexes has gone too far to a point whereby you are feeling inferior to women or you feel women are being treated better in any way - just because you are a man.

Emotionally, are you feeling that you get enough support from females? Do you feel women are afraid to hug you to comfort you for any reason? like you'll take advantage of them? Do you have many female friends? Do you feel that women socialize better? What do YOU want socially?

Feel free, talk, let go of your restraints, take advantage of the anonymous environment to let yourself be heard. We can do this and be in error, that our presumptions are ill directed and unfair. It could be our own inapproachability for example that can sway women away from us when we need them most.

Are we misread? I know when I'm in conflict with someone I come across as a little aggressive or arguing in a normal male manner and that can portray someone that is not in need of support but is someone to avoid. NOTHING could be further from the truth.

So that's one gripe. I feel women don't pursue the friendship care far enough. Such limited care results in my feelings of isolation. I think I'm a "giver" apart from my supportive wife no woman supports me anywhere near the level I give to them. Is this an illusion? What do you think?

Two people. One a woman that enters a group, say a hobby group. She sits down and isn't feeling emotionally well. She is asked a question like "how is your day"? She burst into tears. The whole group of 10 ladies stand and hold her hand, hand on her shoulder, comforting and reassurance. She is not alone. They even ring her later and talk at length. The other person a middle aged male enters a motoring clubroom in his local town, his male friends restore cars and share drinks. He sits and realizes he was in no shape to attend. A guy asks him how his restoration is going. He is upset thinking about his car as due to his depression he hasn't been to his shed for weeks. He suddenly starts crying. The men, all of whom start to feel uncomfortable, mention a few things like" you'll get there don't worry". He is worried because he knows that half of the men there actually think he is a softy by crying, to stand clear of him because he has problems, to avoid him as it might upset their own happy day in the sun....

Tony WK

282 Replies 282

Hi Quietall we haven’t spoken for a while

Sometimes we can be over sensitive and when dealing with people that cannot comprehend our lifestyle and empathy, they,often as a collective, go on the march of questioning our journey... because they cannot.

If someone cannot comprehend an act, that downloads to scepticism rather than admiration. How can they admire the unknown?

We tend to lend towards the fact that good deeds cannot be criticised but humans can be destructive especially when their attitudes are unground negative.

We should therefore rise above this, we can by judging such people as I’ll guided and unfortunate, unfortunate because to be so negative we can only pity them as they live a less productive life.

That is how I cope with such people loved ones or friends.

Two threads on the come to mind. Google

beyondblue topic wit, the only answer to torment

beyondblue topic the Good Samaritan

beyondblue topic fortress of survival (also part 2)

Glad to hear from you

TonyWK

Hi Tony

Thanks for your encouraging reply. Earlier in 2019 I backed off doing lots of voluntary work to avoid criticism and their sarcasm. However, I have decided that for 2020, I wont be deterred from continuing to give back to the world, nor be pushed around by other peoples' negative attitudes and prejudices.

Have a wonderful New Year.

Hi Quietall

That's the spirit, great New Years resolution.

TonyWK