FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

feeling helpless

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I have met a girl who i have fallen madly in love with.She replied to an add of mine.The problem is she is married and in a marriage that she dosnt want to be in and says wants to leave her cheating husband but is to scared to.I cant stop thinking about this girl and cant do anything i just spend my days and night thinking about her and just crying all the time for her.I dont know what to do.
35 Replies 35

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I dont know how to move on from this,i feel so depressed and cant stop crying

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello Matchy,

From reading through your thread from the start, I see you invested a lot emotionally into this girl, and that this is your first time falling in love since your divorce. You didn't imagine ever falling in love again, and to have that opportunity dissolve must bring back a lot of painful memories for you. I see how desperately you wanted to make this work, even in spite of her being married to someone else and not able to make a firm commitment to you.

I really feel how you're blaming yourself for how things have turned out. I hope you can see the difference between who you are as a person (a good person) and any actions that you might now regret. There's always something to be learned when things don't go the way we would have liked, as much as they hurt like hell. What do you think you've learned from this experience?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
It ihard for me to think clearly at the moment.I learnt i need to give more space and try and control my anxiety.I was just not thinking properly i just wanted to be with her

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sleeping only three hours a night must be very difficult too, I know if I don't get my full night's sleep I find it very hard to think clearly, and that's without the added stresses you've been having. What other things do you do to take care of yourself?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I am lucky if i do sleep 3 hours a night.I havent been taking care of myself at all,i havent been eating.Every time i weigh my self i have lost more weight.I just feel like being sick all the time and just staying in bed

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
That doesn't sound too good at all. The lack of food and sleep will be making it very hard to cope with everything that's going on. When was the last time you went to the doctors?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I saw my GP a couple of weeks ago.I have to find a new doctor as she is leaving.Another blow for me

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
It is tough when doctors move on and you've built up that trust, isn't it? It's good that you're already thinking ahead to finding a new doctor.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
As a new day begins it still not getting any easier as i still cant stop thinking about this person and keep crying.I tried to take my mine off her doing things like gardening but i just keep breaking down and crying and crawling back in bed.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I just want to lock myself away from the outside world maby then i wont get hurt