FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Deaf guy relationship

Deafboy
Community Member

I'm a Deaf gay from Asian and in my late-30s. My all ex were Deaf and I never had hearing bf. I'm out of relationship with my Deaf ex 3 years ago, and I have rare dating with guys coz of my deafness.

Most of hearing guys rejected me as I'm Deaf Asian guy. Some guys met me just once or twice then dropped me as it's hard to communication with me. I recently met one nice guy and seen him for two weeks, I knew we went too far and he disappeared and nothing hear from him since.

I feel ashame myself being Deaf. If I'm hearing then it will be better (Don't tell me that I should dating with Deaf guys here, it's very low number of Deaf gay guys here). I have a full time job, own my house and car, no smoke and no drug, different hobbies, not into party and health food. I tried to go out and any events but no one come to me. I feel less value and no love by anyone. My family love me but they never talk anything to me; I only have one or two close friends but they can't listen to me all the time, I recently visit my psych and not yet feel better. I feel no love in the world, No one give love to me and I can't give them my love.

I'll be okay however I think I get worst day by day and I cry almost everyday. Sometimes I thought why I'm here? I don't know if you understand me?

35 Replies 35

Hi Deafboy. 

It's great that you have a role model in Benjamin Law, but like the others have said, it's TV and book media. It's been heavily curated and edited, so it's not quite real life. He is, though, an example of a queer asian that has achieved social status. Think Penny Wong as well!

I might be committing a cardinal sin, but I'm going to disagree with Geoff and Grace. You're more than "just as equal as the rest of us". You're more valuable because of your difference, not despite your difference. I'm not saying that it's not hard, cause being different is, but I hope that one day you can celebrate your difference. 

ET

I see value in your deafness. I see value in your asian heritage. I see value in your queerness. 

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello my dear friend!

I'm going to agree with ET, you are so special and unique and I hope one day you will see and embrace that 🙂

Also, I haven't heard from you in a few days, just wondering if you're doing ok? 🙂 Send me your thoughts whenever you'd like to, my thoughts and love will always be with you 🙂 ❤️

With Love, 

Grace xx

Agnetha
Community Member

Hope you find a nice sweet partner, deafboy

goodluck

Thanks ET. It's what I mean. Thanks!! 🙂 Still need to take time.

Hi Grace, I'm okay. I checked with Meetup, it's still back to manner - how can I communication with them?? I also not ready to meet new people, special large group of strangers.

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello my dear friend!

Glad to hear that you're ok! Sorry to hear that you feel like there's still a problem with communication, could you find other groups with people who speak Auslan too? Also, would it be easier for you to constantly come up here to the forum and exchange some of your feelings with us? 🙂

Anyways, my love and thoughts will always be with you, no matter what you're going through all of us will be here for you 🙂 Keep us updated on your life too 😛 (If you'd like to of course), sending you all of my love and a great big hug!!

With Love,

Grace xx

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey my dear friend!

How are you doing today? I just haven't heard from you in a few days, checking on you again! (if you don't mind :D) How have you been these days? My love and thoughts will always be with you ❤️ Be gentle and take care of yourself 🙂

With Love,

Grace xx

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi there deafboy, 

I am glad you are here. I have my own experience of hearing issues and how they get in the way of communication, I would agree with Tim, your differences make more for someone to love, not less. In my town I know two gay people with profound hearing loss who are in a relationship with people who do not share their difference. Whilst there are things I can't do - like notice someone is talking to me if I can't see them, the right man has always seen all the things that I can do, like tuning in to read meaning through body language, when they accept me it gives me all the more to love. 

Rob. 

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi dear Rob!!

Just read your story here so thought I'd pop by and say hi. You have a beautiful heart and your story is amazing, hope you keep being just the way you are!! You are a legend 😉 And just wanted you to know that here we all accept you and love you just the way you are, YOU are awesome!!

Also, just a quick note to the friends who are reading here, there's a virtual cafe called BB cafe, just under that section 'Community Board', you guys would be welcomed at anytime to pop by and grab a drink, whether you choose to simply listen or join any conversations you like 🙂

Take care Rob, and my beautiful friend Deafboy, I haven't heard from you in a while, hope you are doing ok!! My love and thoughts are with you, you can talk to us anytime you want 🙂

With Love,

Grace xx