FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Wishing for a friend to talk to

dragonflies
Community Member

Hi,

I feel alone. I'm 19 and I have no friends anymore. No one to confide in, trust, or share my life with. I just want someone to talk to. Someone who gets me and who I can relate to and vice versa. I find it hard trying to make friends. I dread the process of getting to know someone completely for who they are. It takes so much time and effort. I have only ever been hurt in the past after making such close friends and having them just drift away from you without a care in the world.

Does anyone feel like this too?

dragonflies

195 Replies 195

startingnew
Community Member
Hey sorry your in a rough place right now. So am i tbh so feeling pretty useless with words atm

Hi SN

Ita nice to hear from you. Sorry you are not feeling great. Don’t worry I don’t have words either. I can’t be bothered going to sleep...... sounds strange but it’s true. It’s sort of the same with eating. Not sure I can be bothered

hope you feel better soon

lulu xx

doesnt sound strange to me, i often feel like that. cant be bothered to do anything including sleeping.

maybe try to do something out of the ordinary to bring yourself up and switch your mindset a little bit?

startingnew
Community Member
how is everyone travelling? its been pretty quiet here of late

Hi SN

i have been refraining from posting here as I don’t want to take the spotlight on a forum that is not mine. But to be honest I haven’t been doing so great. It’s been a few weeks now of feeling numb, nothing and darkness. The pain of living hurts the expectations the assumptions and all things in between.

My friendships are vanishing, my thoughts are circling downward and I am feeling the depression sucking me in and I think I am letting it.

My psycologist said that I may not let go parts of my depression which is okay. There are parts I like. The ability to see and empathise with pain. The ability to feel so deeply. The way I can search within myself the dark and the light. Life with depression makes me feel real sometimes. Not when I am numb and uncaring about everything. But when I really feel, it’s real.

So I didn’t want to take the spotlight but I did. Now if anyone would like to share I would really like that. I’ve been missing not hearing from anyone.

SN how have you been of late? Any achievements or events of note? Any realisations or new coping mechanisms?

Hi dragonflies I thought I saw another thread of yours and wondered what it’s title was. How have you been? Sorry I haven’t been in contact. It’s been hard to see through the fog. I suppose I was waiting for someone to reach out first.

hoping everyone is still swimming.

lulu

startingnew
Community Member
hi all its been a while since ive been here, i havent seen you guys online either and just wanted to check in to see how your all going

Hey Dragon.

Long time no see. Hows life at the moment. Sorry for kind if dissapearing randomly. If anyone here was worried about me, dont worry. Im ok. I have so much to talk about. Iv been throuh a relationship and started a new one. I got some pretty awesome presents for my birthday and christmas, schools been pretty good. Im in yesr 10 now. Two years left of schhool. How’ve you been? Hows your brother? Is he all healed up now?

Thank you for helping me through antough time when i started chatting here. I dont need help anymore but im gonna stay and keep talking anyway. Its fun seeing whats going on in peoples lives

From Padfoot.

LuLu_
Community Member

Hi dragonflies

I was wondering how you were doing.

Hope you are doing okay x

lulu

LuLu_
Community Member

Hi padfoot and starting new

How are you both doing? Do you have any news to share?

lulu xx

Hi Padfoot

Its great to hear your doing well and have some good things happening for you.

Hey Lulu

Nice to see you again. No not alot of news here. Still same old same old.

Any news for you?

Hello Dragonflies

Hoping your going ok too