FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Wishing for a friend to talk to

dragonflies
Community Member

Hi,

I feel alone. I'm 19 and I have no friends anymore. No one to confide in, trust, or share my life with. I just want someone to talk to. Someone who gets me and who I can relate to and vice versa. I find it hard trying to make friends. I dread the process of getting to know someone completely for who they are. It takes so much time and effort. I have only ever been hurt in the past after making such close friends and having them just drift away from you without a care in the world.

Does anyone feel like this too?

dragonflies

195 Replies 195

Hey starting new,

How have you been? I’ve been doing alright, I hope you’re doing alright. Within the last 5ish months iv been in and out of a relationship and started a new one. Schools going well,we got a new music teacher today which is great. I started making wands and selling them which is fun. I made almost $70 from cans and bottles yesterday.

Hi Padfoot

Im struggling but ill be alright. Just have to get through the bumps.

Wow thats heaps of thingd happening for you. Positive thihgd might i add. Really great to hear.

startingnew
Community Member
Oh my gosh please excuse my shocking spelling today!

Hey starting new.

Don't worry, i have shocking spelling too. Especially at 10:44 at night. Yeah a lot of things have been going well. But there are always big annoyances. What sort of bumps? You dont have to tell. But just so you know, in year six i was a peer mediator, so i had to deal with everybodys problems. But yeah. Its great to hear from you. You shouldve seen my face when i saw there were more replies here, it had a smile nearly as big as when i see my girlfriend texted me. Anyway, i ahould probably sleep, because school. Thanks again for the replies.

From Padfoot.

Hi Padfoot

Do you want to talk about what annoying you atm? Perhaps i could help..

When i was in yr 6 i was almost a peer mediator and also a support person ( if someone needed some extra support they could call me out of class for a while) when i hit yr 10,11 and 12 i volunterred to do the same thing. Was quite good. Mostly just the normal stuff but harder things to deal with as well. I didnt mind though.

Oh my bumps are mostly just trying to find the right sevices and hitting dead ends as well as trying to deal with chronic pain and a new injury. Life like to come and go with a bang doesnt it.

Hey starting new

im alright for talking about what’s annoying me, as not much annoys me anymore. Sounds like fun having an injury, you’ll be ok though. I hope you get better soon.

There is one thing that’s making me nervous atm. I do cadets right, and I’m thinking about asking the major (the person who looks after us) if I can go on to become a corporal. Which being corporal is nerve racking enough, but the fact that I’m gonna ask him is making it worse. But I’ll be fine. So what’s been going on in your life? Anything exciting?

As always thanks for the replies.

From Padfoot.

That does sound pretty nerve wracking. If you think your ready thrn go ahead and ask. Whats the worst thatll happen he/she says no i dont think your ready. If they say that you can always ask why so that you can work towards that.

Nah nothing exciting here. Still same old same old. One foot in front of the other really.

Anythinf planned for the weekend? You also welcome to chat on the unde 25s thread too in the social spaces. Theres other young members there too

Hey startingnew.

Long time no speak. Sorry about that. School and what not.

So, if you remember from the last time i was on here, i said i was going to ask te cadet major to be promoted to corcoral. I never did it. But at the last cadet night i just went to I was offered to go on the course to be promoted.

Anyway, how've you been? I hope you healed from your injury. What's been happening in your life since we last talked?

I can't wait to here from you.

As always, from Padfoot.

Imogen_xx
Community Member
I feel the same, so alone. No one understands and whenever someone realises I am not a quick fix it comes across like I'm a burden.

Hey Imogen,

First thing I'm gonna say is welcome. This thread is pretty empty except me. And don't feel like a burden here, I've got all the time in the world. We're all mates here. No one is really a quick fix, I've been working on it for nearly 17 years (all my life) and that's fine. I hope you feel comfortable here. I'm always up for a chat about anything.

From Padfoot.