FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Surviving: Being in a better place

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all 🙂
Thought this thread might be of use to talk about your stories if you like and where you're at now.
In a better place.

I have Bipolar, (BP) pretty sure all my life. Wasn't diagnosed, I approached them thinking I have this at age 46.
The ups (mania) are magic, ying and yang (opposites) evident with BP & in many other ways.
The downs, crippling. Still ..but I'm DETERMINED to beat them with time & effort and professional help.One of the psychiatrists said it can't be beaten, I say cause it maybe hasn't been done, doesn't mean it can't be.
Have come an incredibly long way so far.
Long way to go probs but HAS to be sooner rather than later, else this mother of a demon will get me, I live in fear of going under the line again which majority of the time the head goes South but looking back at those times knowing I got through & that it's not always like that helps.
SO many good times, happy times between.

The cycles have gone from Rapid cycling (4 or more a yr) to 8/10 a yr since the loss of my beloved partner of 28yrs to leukaemia.

My teens starting at 14yrs I attempted suicide 4 times.
You're in hell considering, contemplating & ultimately attempting suicide, we're going against our strongest basic instinct. Survival.

Wanted OUT, couldn't see anything but Black in my head, no light, no way out, no other choice, the depression beast had me engulfed as it does most of the time in cycles now too.
Rock bottom. The pits.

I've learnt a lot one thing is it doesn't stay this way.
Sleep's vital. We don't get a lot or quality when down, it affects how we feel usually in a negative way.
Life's so much harder when we're tired and exhausted, we see feel & react to things differently
That part of our brain that works at pulling us down, I think with everyone, not only mental illness or disorders

Self esteem rock bottom, still working at it, it's true we have to like/love ourselves works as a shield.
Great loving good parents lucky

If I'd known in suicide yrs I'd meet a beautiful loving partner and have so much love from family, friends and happiness between the downs, I wouldn't have attempted.

BP downs equate to heavy grieving alone without it on top.It slammed but now I'm looking back and Yes still hurts, always will but we owe it to ourselves to keep going. We don't know whats ahead and nothing stays the same.

I know that now.

4,867 Replies 4,867

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Maths thankyou

If this gets worse & spreads furtur down spine could lose muscle use there too

Asked brother if hed ming carrying other bag too other day as well as suitcase which he happily did but woesa lucky cause hurt neck a tad, all in that area

Yeah knew something going on being priority they triage. Less than 3 wks.

So far yeah lucky cause got text & thought it must be for someone else, only reason contacted them was thought whoever meant for may miss out

Concerned & thinking not stressing but lol bloody ph bill more hacked off about.

Hey bright side ive still got $2.? ...Credit lol

Want to get back to you bout athlete pushing through just not sure when. Think about stuff ☺

Tc Maths ,congrats Oz on cricket win

Hi wonderful DB,

The health issues with your neck sounds very serious, and dare I say, a bit scary. I really hope the surgeon can do something about it.

Lol about still having $2 credit. It’s great how you still manage to laugh despite everything that has happened. Love your good nature and spirited self 🙂

Mega Soul hugs and much love,

Pepper xoxo

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello DB,

Please Look after yourself, Take it easy, rest, please try not to do anything or lift anything heavy or strenuous.

kind n caring thoughts,

GG.

sounds serious DB, i hope your able to get some answers soon!!

please take it easy, rest up

sending lots of love and hugs xoxox

Thanks girls yeah it is serious, very

Would say surgery will happen pretty quick. They're getting me to see him pronto which is good
No choice but really don't want neck touched. Have to put faith in them too & no power over outcome so not stressing but thinking heap.

Early Jan seeing surgeon, know more then.

Dig yaz

Hi beautiful DB,

That sounds very scary and worrying...

Thanks for letting us know.

I’m glad you’re trying your best not to think about it because, as you said, the outcome is out of your hands.

I think of you often and I am hoping for the best. I hope you get to see a really good surgeon in January.

Sending love, care and mega soul hugs to you ❤️

Pepper xoxo

Hey DB

You are strong..I would be anxious as anything. There is something about the words surgery and hospitals that scare the hell out of me.

Yet, your thread title reflects your strength and willpower (horsepower)......

'Being in a better place'........You are a serious weapon DB

Bearhugs for you (if thats okay of course)

Paul

Peps you never fail to be by your friends side do you. Loyal & so many goods in you. ONE DAY you're going to believe in yourself, Starts & Grandy too. One of my missions. Slow & steady wins the race

PAUL, WOW, lovely to see you, thanks for dropping in & what you said strong, a weapon, mm loven that, matey that all went deep.

Seriously thanks Paul. GOD YEAH bear hugs awesome, always

i agree DB, you are a weapon. a very strong willed lady indeed.

youll get through this and we will be here helping you along each step of the way

ending lots of positive soul hugs

oxoxo

Shaking head in loving way, thankyou really good people

Maths soz in reply to ? was in the down phase, takes weeks for recovery, depression & exhaustion. Still trying to catch up. But head space heaps better now

Triple hugs yeah yeah girl xx