FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not in a good space

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
It's like a feeling just bubbling up to the surface. It's panicky and disgusting and I dont' know what to do with it. There's no thoughts associated with it. It's a feeling. A really gross one. I called the Suicide Call Back service. I didn't find them helpful. What do you do? What helps you?
1,405 Replies 1,405

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I think my poor Stormy is sad, which makes me sad. Yesterday I asked if she wanted to come for a drive, and she didn’t move. And when I give her commands she doesn’t listen.

Hello Katy,

I wish there was something I could say to help... sending you a gentle hug & ear rubs to Miss Storm.

Paws

Hi Katy,

Is Stormy missing her companions? Poor girl.. I don't suppose there is any chance of you getting another pet for company for Stormy - I know, vet bills are a problem - and in my case, the special diet for Sam takes up any money I might have for new shoes or clothes - but what can I do, without the diet he won't last.. but it's hard on a pension... what about another kitty? Easier than a doggie.. otherwise, I guess poor Stormy will gradually get used to more time alone, but she does sound sad poor thing! Can you give her exrta cuddles and treats and attention?

So how was the graduation ceremony, I am dying to know and I forget just which date it was I am sorry. Do tell us all about it if it has been and gone!!!! When do you collect your certificate? Exciting! So you have letters after your name now! I did know a woman with a PhD, she was in a shop and when she gave her name for a lay buy she had the title Dr... the saleswoman asked her what hospital she worked at, and she explained she was a Doctor of Philosophy, not Medicine, and the saleswoman was very indignant and asked why she went around pretending she was a doctor, as she wasn't a REAL doctor! Oh dear.

Yes the news is all bad these days - pandemics, floods and war. What times these are. I know someone in Lismore where the floods are terrible, but no way of contacting them, and other people in Queensland, same problem. It's not happy times out there these days, I've been tempted to hide myself under a rock to escape it all!!!!

I am reading a wonderful book by Martin Amis at the moment, a collection of personal essays, he is talking in one about his friend Christopher Hitchens (who had an enormous, mind-boggling intellect). When he was talking to some guy, this man said to Christopher, " I can't understand a word you're saying" to which Christopher immediately replied, "I'm not at all surprised". Ouch! I wish I could think up ripostes like that on the spot! I keep chuckling as I read through it - brilliant man.

Any news re your thesis publication? How are you enjoying the time out from study? Does it drag or are you enjoying it? Any new or old friends around these days? You haven't had much time for a social life with study... I'm hoping things are on the up over there after such a hot summer too!!!

Enjoy the lovely turquoise sea over there! Big hugs! oxoxoxox

Hello Katy,

How are you lass?... no pressure for a reply... just wanted to check in & see how you are doing since your kitties crossed the rainbow bridge...

I hope you are getting out & about maybe on your bike or perhaps hitting the waves with Miss Storm...

It still looks hot over your way... a lovely cloudy 17 with a cool southerly here... Woofa & I are both lapping it up after the humidity of the past week.

Ear rubs for Miss Storm & big hugs for you

Paws

Hello Katy,

Just me... I hope you are going ok... no pressure for you to reply lass...

Things have been very hard for you lately... I hope there have been some little glimmers of better things... like getting your certificate or hearing good things about getting your thesis published.

I'm sitting with you in spirit... soaking up your lovely garden over a cuppa

Sending big 🐻 hugs

Paws

Hi Katy,

Wondering if you are taking a good long break, or if you are returning? I hope it's a good break! Sending hugs from us here. oxoxoxoxxo