FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What do all the badges mean?

Sophie_M

Hi everyone,

If you're new to the forums, you'll notice that some members posting have badges.  We have a directory below so you can see what they all mean, and how you might go about obtaining one.

We have badges for a number of reasons:

* To identify Beyond Blue staff members, volunteers and contributors
* To identify any health professionals who post
* To reward and recognise members who have gone above and beyond to provide peer support for others

Please let us know your thoughts on community badges in this thread, including ideas for new badges, any questions you may have, and any improvements we can make.

ChampionCommunity champion - Members who have volunteered their time formally to support others on the forums. You can find out more about becoming a community champion here.

VCValued contributor - Members recognised by the community for their outstanding and consistent support of others through quality posts.  Find out how you can nominate someone for a valued contributor award here.

LifeLife member - Awarded by Beyond Blue to members who have been volunteering for our community champion programme for 3 years or more.

MCMulticultural correspondent - Members who have volunteered to share their experiences formally and on a regular basis in our Multicultural Experiences section.  You can find out more about becoming a Multicultural Correspondent here.

AlumniChampion alumni - Community champions who are not currently active on the forums, or have retired from volunteering.

HealthHealth professional - Health professionals posting on the forums at the request of Beyond Blue.  Currently, Coach Craig is our resident health professional and you can find out more about Coach Craig here.

BVBlue Voices member - blueVoices is Beyond Blue's reference group for people who have personal experience of anxiety, depression or suicide, or support someone who does. blueVoices is open to anyone over the age of 16 in Australia with this experience.

MentorMentor - Masters of Psychology student on placement. *We are not currently facilitating placements.

StaffBeyond Blue staff - Paid employees of Beyond Blue.

ManagerModeratorCommunity manager / community moderator - Paid employees of Beyond Blue who manage the online forums.  You can get in touch with the moderation team offline by email.

14 Replies 14

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hi Sophie and other BB workers.

I was just wondering how someone would get any of the badges, for example do you have to have a certain amount of posts to get the valued contributor or any of that? I'll read all of the links.

Sorry to post here and ask, just not too sure how it all works. Thanks.

Tayla

Hi Tayla,

It's great how much you care about and contribute to our forums community. Here's as good a place as any to ask about badges. We'll send you some more details in a private message shortly. In the meantime, we'd encourage you to check out and consider registering for Blue Voices: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-involved/bluevoices

Thanks Sophie_M, I read your email. I appreciate you explaining it to me, thanks

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi there,

I have a quick question: can you be a blueVoices member and a community champion? Will you have two badges?

Hi Tay. Yes you can and yes you will. Thanks!

Hi Sophie I'm not sure how the Blue Voices thing works exactly?

I did read your email though, thanks.

Tayla

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it 🙂

kiwiboy0897
Community Member
Very helpful! Thanks!

Writer
Community Member

Hi, I'm new, sorry, but when I saw your post I had to laugh. Not at you. It just reminded me of a line in an old Humphry Bogart movie he's pinned down behind some rocks and the bad guy says

'Badges. We don't need no stinkin badges'

Thankyou it made me smile, I needed a smile. I'm very depressed at the moment. You're probably too young to remember the classic oldies. No offense. Have a nice day