FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What do you do when you don’t want to get better?

Baileybasil
Community Member

I’ve had emergency services called on me three times recently, they want me to go to the hospital. But I just don’t want to take any effort to change because life doesn’t seem worth it at all to me.

I just end up lying so I don’t get taken away.

5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Hey BasileyBasil,
Welcome back to the Beyond Blue forums, its great to hear from you.
We can imagine it would've been quite stressful to have been contacted by emergency services over three times. Can we ask have you been to the hospital for mental health treatment? Do you think this is a useful recommendation from the emergency team?

We’re so sorry to hear life doesn’t seem worth living at the moment, would you be able to share with us a time when life did feel worth living and enjoyable (if you can think of a time)?

Please know we are here if you need us Bailey, we’re reaching out to you privately to offer some further support options.

Supermum
Community Member
I hear you and understand where you are coming from . Xx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Baileybasil, I'm sure many people do as what you've done with the emergency services, I know I have, as it seems better to be in our home rather than a hospital, however, there are times when this may need to happen for our own safety.

When a person is smack bang in the middle of depression, it's possible to have this feeling of why try and change because what difference will it make, but remember you can't suddenly be totally another person all at once, you have to edge yourself in doing something that's small, like now you can open the blinds, rather than keep them closed, and do you know even how small this is, it's a huge beginning for you.

Try and change your behaviour another way, something you haven't done before because whatever it is, it's not involved in this cycle you're suffering from, it's new to what usually happens and haven't experienced it before.

If this becomes too hard then pull back, tomorrow you might be able to continue, but do it slowly.

Overcoming this, isn't like flipping a coin, it's not that easy, but it can be done at your own pace.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

There’s nothing in my life that would make all that work to drag myself out of this worth it. I have nothing going for me

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Things must be really horrible for you to feel as though there is little point in attempting to make any changes?

Do you want to chat about this or anything else?

I'm listening if you want to chat...