FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Fighting for me v. so very tired of everything

Annewithan-e
Community Member

I’m so very conflicted. I’ve been fighting with myself for some time now. I get so very torn between fighting for myself, my wellness mentally and physically and being so very tired of myself I wish I wasn’t here.

I know I don’t want to die but I’m sick of feeling like this and sometimes think it would be better if I wasn’t here. Does that make sense?

I feel like such a burden. Like resources would be spent elsewhere. I feel like I’m trying so hard to get better but I’m failing. I’ve had 13 surgeries in the last two years.

I’m battling my past which has come back to haunt me when I have the least resources I’ve ever had in my life. I have so many hopes, wishes, desires... but I can’t pull myself out of this deep deep heaviness.

I am so confused, just under a year ago I was more unwell than I ever have been... I never acknowledged how unwell at the time, I was told I had about 12 weeks to live if I didn’t take certain action. Through it all I prioritized work and hardly missed a beat there but ever other element of my life suffered greatly. It’s only just hitting me now how bad things were... and how I chose to face it. How naive and ignorant I was.

111 Replies 111

I cut ties with my psychologist a couple of months ago because I was so disgusted with myself and how I wanted more from her but was so ashamed of my needs. And think I don’t deserve it, or really need it. I tried to do it on my own and tell myself Im fine, no more wasting my familiy’s money and my psych’s time etc. but I’m not fine. But I’ve lost hope I can. Maybe this is what I deserve. This is what it will be. I won’t resolve things. My life is not awful, but I will never enjoy it. Never be free. Always wracked with quilt and worry. Always scared something is about to rob me of all that’s good. Maybe it’s more than I really deserve. I should just be grateful. 

Hi Annewithan-e,

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling awful and robbed of freedom. You're absolutely justified in wanting more from your psychologist. Have you considered getting a referral for another? I know for me it took a few attempts to find the right psychologist. It can be a bit difficult and awkward but perfectly understandable and worth it in the end. 💙

Bob