FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What are you most looking forward to when restrictions ease?

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

COVID-19 is having a really awful impact on everyone and I thought this might be a more positive post - thinking about some of the things we are looking forward to doing and some of the things that we miss.

Feel free to share if you like, nothing is too big or too small.

I'll start:

- Going to see some family. My grandparents live interstate and because they're old it's going to take a long long time to be able to do this, but I'm really looking forward to their hugs.

- Having lunch out in a cafe or restaurant and not thinking about if we are allowed to enter, if there's too many people there, if I'm standing in the right spot or if we are distanced enough from each other.

If you are struggling, here's an extra resource to look at https://coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au

rt

12 Replies 12

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey RT

I love this post and I am so excited about the thought of all the things we can get back into very soon.

Mostly I am really looking forward to being able to go to the movies and also going out for a bite to eat with my kids and also just people watching at the shops..lol

Thanks RT this has made me feel happy and hopeful.

Sarah

DedicatedToHealth
Community Member

I can't wait for family get togethers, especially loved ones from far away, hugging without worrying you are going to pass on something and social groups.

As a person with chronic health I have become very socially isolated. The thing I need most is a friendly smile and just someone to talk to. Even though our social group re-started we have physical distancing limiting the group to about 5 and we all want to attend. I am looking forward to our get togethers so I can re-connect with the outside world and share some cake.

other changes I am excited about: health services going back to normal.

Emmen
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello RT,

This is a great thread!

I can't wait to:

- Meet my friends and family again

- Have a meal inside a cafes or restaurant without having to do a takeaway

- Do a weekend getaway (preferably to somewhere by the beach)

Cheers,
M

Dwarfstar
Community Member
oh my goodness rt I could agree more!

I also would list everything you mentioned Emmen. Sometimes when im feeling the covid feelings (lol) I think about being at the beach once the weather is a bit nicer/no 5k limit.

Id love to get back into hiking as well. And having a good cappuccino.

fred4761
Community Member

Hi rt, this is a great thread! It's funny just how much my mood and optimism have lifted thinking about things I am looking forward to. I have quite a few things:

-I am looking forward to being able to visit my interstate family members who I haven't seen since January.

-I can't wait to be able to go to the beach and go snorkelling.

-Being able to visit friends and family. We have missed so many family meals this year. It will be nice to celebrate special occasions together.

-Onsite school returning! No more remote learning!

-Being able to go on holidays!

-Being able to go to work in person and being able to interact with the whole person not just their face via zoom or skype. It is tricky to read body language when you can only see a face.

-And eventually, when we no longer have to wear a mask, to be able to smile at people and see them smile back - something I miss when everyone is having to cover their faces.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

RT

great thread .

i would like to see fami,y in qld friends in Tasmania.

i would like to walk down the street and not have people cross the road to avoid me.

i would like to meet my neighbours

iwould to make friends in my new town as after 5 months I have made no friends.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I'm looking forward to not wearing a mask, walking around a shopping centre, sitting in a cafe, getting a hair cut .

Cmf x

Butterfly20
Community Member

What a great post. It is so nice to look forward to things. Here are mine:

- to see and hug my sister and nieces, close friends and parents

- to be able to go to the beach or national parks for a walk

- to sit down at a cafe and have nice cup of coffee

- not needing to wear a mask and just breathe the fresh air, see peoples smiles and face expressions

Lets hope we can get some form of normality soon.

Nezagren
Community Member

""2Hi everyone,
COVID-19 is having a really awful impact on everyone and I thought this might be a more positive post - thinking about some of the things we are looking forward to doing and some of the things that we miss.
Feel free to share if you like, nothing is too big or too small.
I'll start:
- Going to see some family. My grandparents live interstate and because they're old it's going to take a long long time to be able to do this, but I'm really looking forward to their hugs.
- Having lunch out in a cafe or restaurant and not thinking about if we are allowed to enter, if there's too many people there, if I'm standing in the right spot or if we are distanced enough from each other.

Heyla thanks for the resources this helped me make my covid seminar work! Looks like people are emotional and doesnt make mathematical calculation and resunable loss