FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

today im proud of myself for...

startingnew
Community Member

it's important to give ourselves a pat on the back sometimes for doing something scary or challenging or out of our comfort zone

so whats something your proud of yourself for?

387 Replies 387

beingbyrne
Community Member

Thank you for starting this thread, it's a fantastic idea

I can't think of anything to be proud of today particularly, but lately I've been really proud of myself for supporting not one, but two friends of mine with disability.

I'll be more conscious about what I am proud of from now on. I think it will help me to be more positive

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

SN, cracking idea for a thread...

Today i am proud of myself for getting through the day despite being in a depressive funk.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Getting out of my "safe" lounge chair & putting 2 loads of washing through. Not much for a whole day. Maybe more tomorrow.

Tufflife
Community Member
Went to library and got a book on mindfulness. Will help to rewire my brain so I can change my negative brain patterns. And change my life, the last 20 years have been hell, on and off for so long.

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Today was a bit of a struggle. I after work (which was quiet so sent home shortly after starting, this always stress me out) I got home and a friend wanted to go to the gym. I got dressed and walked out the door without my keys. I was stressed out. I messaged her and my housemate. I thought I was going to cry or have an anxiety attack. Instead I started doing what I was told to do. Do some deep breathing and practice mindfulness. Yes I was still upset but this stopped me snowballing to a darker place. I am proud of that. I still need to think of a place to hide a spare key near my apartment.

im really glad that people are enjoying this thread

it helps to hear positive things too esp when im in this shocking state of mind

so thank you everyone for expressing what your proud of yourself for

feel free to use this thread daily as well

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Today I did the next weeks grocery shopping. Does anyone else hate food shopping as much as I do?!

No more till next Friday at least.

Nomies
Community Member
Today I asked my work to let me have 12 months off without pay so I can focus on getting well, I really struggle with saying what I need so this was big achievement for me.

i went and seen a new gp today