FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Building resilience - how?

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Feel like I seem to fall apart over the slightest thing. And I mean, fall right apart. How do you build resilience? Looking for ideas, tools, resources…

What works for you?

3 Replies 3

golden82
Community Member

Hi Katy:)

Ditto. I seem to always have low resilience and then lockdown takes the little i have away. And u have to start over. I find it can knock me out a long time and keep spiral lower and lower.

I think what helps me eventually is that i just see it is so much worse that i have to pick self up. But i have heard ideas from helplines which suggest..

Try keep your mind in the positive.

Do just one thing and hope for this to propel you for more.. but if not still acknowledge it is a start. See previous of mind in the positive.

Know you have done it before.. eg i read your post of trying grow again. Awesome. I have been in bed agoraphobia came back with last lockdowns. The lady on phone told me that i improved it by myself last time, have it in me to do it again. Same for u and everyone.

I hope this helps a little. Very good thread and very timely for me and all of us in these times. Thanks Katy take care

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Katy & Golden

I really like this idea of building resilience. I’d love to be able to do that, but I haven’t the foggiest how to achieve it!

I find I cope with things if -

1. I feel some sort of control in the situation I’m in

2. Things work out like I’ve been led to believe.

As you can imagine that approach entails very little resilience lol. So I’ll be following along to learn as much as I can.

Cheers, T.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Katy

I find I can fall apart over the small things too but can cope with difficult thingsI,

Sometimes I talk to myself and I will say I am ok, I am strong. I even challenge my negative voice.