FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

MY DAILY HAPPINESS EXPERIENCE

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

This thread has been inspired by Anny! Thanks for your encouragement.

Each day I am going to try to write down "My Daily Happiness Experience" 

If any of you would like to add your own happy experiences, past or present or any comments, then please do so.

My Daily Happiness Experience today was putting on the sprinkler just for the native birds and then listening to their joyful song and chirping as they refreshed themselves.

Happiness is knowing that no matter how hot and flustered I may be feeling, there is always an escape. I just have to look for it and make the most of the opportunities that come my way. 

From Mrs. Dools

47 Replies 47

Anny
Community Member

Thumbs up Mrs Dools!

I watched my little dog happily sunning himself today and It made me think how so often I let the day pass with only feeling the sun on my skin for maybe half an hour. I watch how poochie gets down when it's a rainy day . There's lots to learn from our animals. 

Thank- you for the nice thread ! Hope you don't mind me jumping in.  Keep posting, I'll be reading! 

Anny x

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Anny, and Everyone,

I am just starting this thread for my own benefit and for all of you as well who may gain some happiness and peace through the words I an others write here.

Happiness for me today is remembering the craft objects I have made for others over the years and to recall the delight on a child's face when I gave them a gift I had made.

This encourages me to be creative and to make something today that I can later pass on to someone else.

Anny
Community Member

Happiness yesterday for me was not feeling self conscious in my hot yoga class when I couldn't stand on my head ( or something like that) but just being in the moment and doing something that suited me - nobody cared!

Happiness was definitely when I finished , proud that I made it and feeling alive! 

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Happiness today is the sight of two more baby canaries hatching and the opportunity to watch the babies grow and flourish.

Life goes on around me, even at times when I feel like it, or I  have stagnated!

Hi Everyone,

I have been wonderfully busy for the last three days and have had very little time to get near the computer.

Happiness for me a couple of days ago was the freedom to cry on my best friend's shoulder and to not be concerned if I was being judged in any way.

Happiness has been the ability to try to let go of past hurts, to realise I can't change what has actually happened, but I can release the pain and hurt. 

Happiness is having coffee out on the verandah while it is raining.

Happiness for me today is washing the car out in the rain, using the opportunity to picture the rain falling on me as being cleansing and refreshing.

As I am washing the car, the rain is washing away my emotional pain, refreshing and revitalising me.

Happiness came to me yesterday when I was able to share in the joy of being with our neighbour's 8 week old kelpie puppy! She was so very adorable and cute to cuddle.

I am wishing you all a moment of joy, as simple as holding a puppy!

Anny
Community Member

Thanks Mrs Dooly!

Beautiful! 

Happiness for me today - returning home from holidays! 

Anny x

Happiness for me today was going out for lunch with friends after Church unexpectedly and enjoying myself.