FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

MY DAILY HAPPINESS EXPERIENCE

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

This thread has been inspired by Anny! Thanks for your encouragement.

Each day I am going to try to write down "My Daily Happiness Experience" 

If any of you would like to add your own happy experiences, past or present or any comments, then please do so.

My Daily Happiness Experience today was putting on the sprinkler just for the native birds and then listening to their joyful song and chirping as they refreshed themselves.

Happiness is knowing that no matter how hot and flustered I may be feeling, there is always an escape. I just have to look for it and make the most of the opportunities that come my way. 

From Mrs. Dools

47 Replies 47

Today I had lunch with some friends. We had a great chat and a laugh, so that made me happy.

I had also made each of the ladies a flower from fabric and they were thrilled to receive a gift, that made me happy too.

At home my husband helped me with some jobs that needed doing and he cooked our evening meal, so that made me very happy!

We managed to rescue a bird that had come down the chimney of our wood heater, so that was a happy occasion. Our cat was not so happy though when we caught the bird and let it go outside, she thought the bird was for her! Ha. Ha.

I hope that you all manage to find a little happiness each day.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Mrs Dools...

I hope you don’t mind me pulling this thread out..it’s such an uplifting thread...and I so much enjoyed reading it...Sometimes it’s the small moments of happiness we can find in life that can help us through the day...or reading about someone’s moment of happiness...

I would like to add to it..if it’s okay..

Today my happiness moment was sitting on my front veranda watching at the unexpected and beautifully fresh rain fall...I even stood in it for a while and my hair went to an Afro style...

It didn’t last long but that little bit of happiness made me feel good for a while...

Love and hugs..💜🤗.

Grandy..

Hey Grandy

Imagining you standing in the rain enjoying it made me happy 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Katy

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Grandy, Katy and Everyone,

Grandy, thanks for starting up this thread again! I have read back through some of the happiness moments myself and others have shared here.

Hopefully more people will add their own moments of happiness. The more the merrier! Thanks for sharing the story of the rain Grandy.

My happiness story this morning is:

I received a lovely email form a friend in Europe whom I have known for almost 30 years. Her words warmed my heart, had me laughing and gave me comfort.

Cheers all from Dools

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dools,

I like this thread..I’m pleased I found it...

My happiness moment was when a huge piles of toys, blankets, sheets, clothes were continually being donated today which I sorted today for the fire victims...I felt useful today which made me happy...

Grandy...💜🤗..

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dools and Grandy, they are both lovely experiences. Thanks for sharing.

Today in the garden section at Big W they had big beautiful sunflowers! I couldn't afford one, but I enjoyed looking at them so sunny and yellow and cheerful 🙂

Hi Katy and Grandy,

Being able to help people out like you did Grandy, evening opening the door for someone can cause a Happy Moment. I enjoy looking at plants too and sometimes go to a plant nursery just to see what is flowering at present. Admiring other people's gardens can bring me joy as well.

My happy moment yesterday was:

Accepting praise and a thank you at my new work place. Made me feel good inside to know I had been appreciated.

Cheers all from Dools

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone

thanks to Mrs Dools for starting this thread and to Ggrandy for reviving it again and to Katy for sharing her thoughts.

i just found this thread and am trying to think of a Happy moment.

My partner is overseas and sent me a photo of young children whose parents are in prison. It made me happy that there is a wonderful person looking after these children who would otherwise be living on the street. The kindness of others really gives me hope.

Quirky

Hi Quirky, Grandy and All,

Some of my happy moments in the past have been attending the school plays my nieces were involved in.

Sometimes I attend the end of year play at our local school. I ask first if it is okay to attend. I'm sure more people from the community might like to attend.

Guess the staff and organisers have to consider who is attending and why!

At my work place, I noticed a group of playgroup parents and children have started attending a session at the home, I am sure that will make some of the residents happy!

Today I heard a delightful chorus of birds all chirping away. I looked out the window and there were many birds all trying to bath at once in the bird bath. They looked hilarious and caused me to smile.

Happiness can be found in small pleasures.

Cheers all from Dools