FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Meditation, Manifesting, Gratitude & The Law of Attraction

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to start so hope I can express myself clearly and maybe with others' input we can expand on this. I'm interested in people's thoughts/ experience with meditation, manifesting, gratitude & the law of attraction. I've recently started using the Smiling Mind app to meditate when going to sleep and sometimes when feeling a little anxious, like tonight. It is something i thought i could never do as my mind rarely stops, however, with persistence, I find I enjoy it. I guess i tend to have a negative mindset which I am determined to change.I always felt uneasy about thinking positive things as i thought i would jinx myself, and that whenever I made a positive comment or felt happy it would go wrong or something negative would happen. So i refrained from allowing myself to be too happy, I guess to 'protect' myself. Recently i have been feeling happier, stronger, expressing gratitude and taking note of when things have come to me when i needed them. Coincidence, or answers to what i put out to the Universe? I like to think the latter. A work colleague one day told me to manifest something i wanted, put it out to the universe , so I'm trying. Example, recently we needed to measure the floor space at reception so we could calculate how many people we could have in at one time. I needed a tape measure, which i did not have. At that moment our handyman walked into the office. Guess what he had? I am getting into the habit of practising positive thinking instead of thinking/expecting negatives. If something 'negative' does crop up, it can be dealt with, it's not the end of the world. I look for the positive in every negative situation. I am becoming more aware of being grateful for little things, things like getting a good car park at work, a warn cosy bed, a tidy house. I feel when i am expressing gratitude I am putting positive thoughts out into the universe and I notice more positives instead of focusing on negatives. Late last week we had internet issues at work and a colleague i found a little annoying. I've been feeling very drained, agitated, negative for a few days. This morning things were not running smoothly for me. A result of my negative mind perhaps? Little things became a big deal, my morning was crap. If i look back, it wasn't really an issue, i just did things in a different order which gave me more relax time this evening. The Law of Attraction, positive thoughts, positive experiences.

What are your thoughts?

cmf x

495 Replies 495

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The Law of Vibration is extremely interesting. A lovely part of The Secret is where a lady who has cancer watched comedies ALL the time and with every task all day she said "Thankyou for my healing" or some such mantra.

So in my understanding, and please I'd like complete understanding lol, so anyone else's feedback is welcome... :-))... those 2 points above in collaboration with being present in the quantum field of almost endless possibilities...

In summary:
1. It's about getting excited about beautiful things manifesting ie raising our vibrations in whatever way 'flicks our switches' to bring JOY and it may be different for each person... e.g. I watch comedies, love gardening and hugging my pets.
2. Using present time as though I'm already enjoying those beautiful things my life ie visualisations, mantras, meditations are in the present tense...
3. KNOWING these beautiful things are manifesting in a far bigger and better way than even my own imagination could ever imagine them... ie I visualise being in the quantum field and using my thoughts of e.g. healing, easy flow of positive energies including finances, abundance of love.... and put them out there with the end to my mantra / Prayers being something like "and I know YOU God have imagined it all far better than I, thankyou for the blessings I'm receiving now".

I LOVE the Genie analogy which helped me at first.... Imagining a beautiful big Genie kindly saying "Your wish is my command".

Being raised by extremely orthodox religious people I struggled for a long time (and still do a bit lol) with a perception of "greed", ONLY being of "service to others" and never being "selfish" etc... so in my transition period, I also put in my Prayers things like "if it be Your Will" and "as long as You think I am deserving" etc.

I was afraid the Universe or God would not respond because of these preconceptions of MINE. And it was bumpy then in reflection of my own obstacles of thinking.

Now I know God knows the pure intentions of my heart and it's important to me that whatever I have is for the Good of all. That's just me and fits well. I don't think it's necessary to practice the Laws.

So now I skip that transition part lol.

Love EM

It was great to read everyone's stories in this thread, and so much positivity! It definitely put a smile on my face.

I find mindfulness to be super helpful in helping me calm my anxiety. Especially the app 'Calm'. It has loads of great mediatations.

I'm interested in you dream folder Em, it sounds like a great way to focus on what you want out of life. I might do something similar. Did you get the pictures out of a magazine or off the internet?

InhaleExhale said:

It was great to read everyone's stories in this thread, and so much positivity! It definitely put a smile on my face.

I find mindfulness to be super helpful in helping me calm my anxiety. Especially the app 'Calm'. It has loads of great mediatations.

I'm interested in you dream folder Em, it sounds like a great way to focus on what you want out of life. I might do something similar. Did you get the pictures out of a magazine or off the internet?

Hi InhaleExhale

OMG the Dream Folder works omg lol. I'm about to start a NEW Dream Folder or you can do a Visualisation Board or both lol - why not?

I cut pictures out of Junk Mail. And drew pictures like the Genie. Then also printed out beautiful reminders from the internet from the Secret. My favourite reminder was the pic of the positive / negative emotions in twirly writing. I wrote and decorated favourite Attraction sayings...

My Prayer at the end was an important part of the folder reading "And God has imagined it better than I ever could..."

Going through it and touching it up from time to time was what held those thoughts in my head. Closer to say "kept me thinking the thoughts of receiving each and every thing".

WITHOUT The folder it still all works. Years ago when I was beginning what was to become multiple endurance races for so many years thru Courts, my lawn mower, whipper snipper & washing machine were "vandalised". Plus something else lol I can't remember now.... but my faithful friend kept on at me to PRAY for those things. I had zero money for food even, Churches were providing food for us. EVERY cent was going to lawyers and barristers etc. I applied for every hardship application with the intent of Victory over evil.

In less than 1 month (oh yeah my hot water system was also vandalised and broke).... ALL of those extremely expensive things CAME TO ME. Every item was near new. I took my damaged things to metal recyclers lol, they were used to seeing me there 😂🤣

And this year I realised that I didn't say "ok you can stop now lol". I got another washing machine less than a year old. It's "surplus to our needs" atm because the other one IS A GEM. It will be housed with the right people.

My new Dream Folder will be about abundance of love, health, mental wellbeing (that'll be a funny drawing lol), free flowing energy including finances in ALL sectors of my life.

Would you be comfortable sharing what's going into your Dream Folder?

Love EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi peeps

I've had some quite shocking developments happen since I started my Dream Folder 2 (DF2), and some incredible ones too.

I focused lots on DF2 on Sunday night.

Then what happened this week: It appears my bf and I are no longer in a 'committed' long distance relationship.
There goes the "future" I've been dreaming of for 5 years. I have to trust The Universe knows what it's doing lol, I had "surrounded by love" in DF2. I am already. I meant bf being here with me. But don't want to push the Universe if he's the wrong partner. So that's weird.

My gardener offered to remove lantana for free!? So weird. I haven't even responded yet but I asked for a beautiful garden in DF2 so okay!

Another focus was "wealth, prosperity and abundance" one of my adult children decided last week to do this with me. She put out that she wanted to get $3000 this week lol! She only works 3 days. BUT SHE DID GET $3000 this week. In fact she has another $8000+ coming. That's crazy lol.

She needs a new car (2nd hand new lol) for her clients, so she's giving her car to my teenagers! They're rapt lol.

I had unexpected income come in too. Nice!
ALL of my children living here have too. One teen got $3000 unexpected tax return (he's still at school).

Then my brother who has disabilities, decided to apply for NDIS funding a few weeks ago and I helped him do the app. He asked for $6000 for technology and got $19 000 granted this week!
He asked one of my children and I to be paid advocates for him a few weeks ago, so this increases OUR INCOME even more.

Then another adult child decided to ask my younger teens to help them with work and is paying the kids a great hourly rate.

Wed: my new appliances were supposed to arrive. I was feeling quite low about bf.
Then they were delayed a day lol. The fridge is even on backorder lol! = my low feelings.

When the call came that they were arriving Thurs, I was just pleasant to the caller. Why not. I needed to raise my vibrations and it was hardly their fault - maybe lol.

They're installed now and look lovely.
I've cleaned out cupboards and had to rearrange stuff to allow it to work properly etc. It's been a busy week.

I realized how much my bf lowered my mood and vibrations. I found out this week that my bp is high for the 1st time.

I really need to add pages to DF2 more about a beautiful, healthy, abundant life.

EM

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi ecomama

Sounds like you are seriously tuned in. So much happening and coming your way. Amazing how being tuned in can connect us with the most natural aspects of who we are - the child that wonders, the child that wishes and the child that gets naturally excited about so much. Hoping your super natural abilities continue to bring about more magic for you.

🙂

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi therising

You have such a soothing way of writing. Thankyou for saying that about me being seriously tuned in, everything "busy" around me with all the kids flying here and there etc, all sorts of demands like everyone else has.

I just felt "what am I doing"? Everything seemed so out of my control esp with MH issues. I felt completely overwhelmed a couple of months ago, probably will many times in my future IDK lol, like everyone else.

I HAD to change it up.

There was little else I could do but CHANGE something, DO something, at least ONE thing differently. I've had to do many things differently with therapy. But things BEYOND the mainstream type therapy I'm getting.

This was it. If the ONLY thing I do for myself to change things up, is to HOPE beyond my wildest imagination that things CAN and WILL improve, then that's it.

Having the guided Meditations have been a savior lol. I began PART II of Dr Joe's Placebo book last night and the Meditation training is SO explicit. SO precise. So comprehensive beginning in detail about the TIMES to Meditate and the type of ROOM etc.

My mental and physical health NEEDS the changes outlined in his book. I want to suppress certain aspects of my DNA and increase others.

It will take discipline. Like it does for everybody else lol. I'll do the best I can.

EM

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi all,

Loving everyone's input here. I'm a little flat and trying to raise my vibration but struggling. I'm grateful, write in my gratitude diary but feel I'm just writing t h e same things.

Any ideas on how I expand my gratitude and will doing so improve my law of attraction?

Cmf x

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF!

Remember 'The Law of Attraction' is working ALL the time, every time.
Just knowing THIS helps me CHANGE IT UP.

It's exactly the same as the 'The Law of Gravity'.
It doesn't matter if a person is good or bad, they still fall off a building according to this Law.

SO if we catch ourselves thinking or feeling a certain way - of low vibration, then we can do all sorts. I do this but you can do whatever you want lol; sit with those feelings, work out WHY I'm feeling that way (my breakup this week is a fine example - I've felt sad, alot, cried, felt depressed even), it's okay to have any feelings.

I don't want to deny that I'm human lol. I try to talk to myself like my best friend would, and care for myself the same way. Herbal teas, hot baths.

But I also DON'T want to wallow. Dwell too long. Bring myself further down with all that.

I need EXTRA care in those times, so I take it and GIVE it to myself.

I WANT to bring myself BACK to a higher plane. So I change my focus and change my activities.

Last night I felt 'that' way. So I went inside and chopped up all these beautiful fruits for a huge fruit salad for myself. I watched 'The Secret' again on my phone as I imagined my life being totally abundant.

- I imagined friends calling and planning FUN things with me,
- I imagined gardening with my gardener and the JOY I feel making my garden beautiful,
- I imagined wearing beautiful clothes & how GOOD I feel wearing them, right down to the shoes, jewelry etc.

I set my sights on living in a BEAUTIFUL HOME with wonderful things around me.
I became happier. I got excited.

My life is not like that NOW, my life now is the residual effects of how I thought in the past.

You don't have to think of the 'how' these things will come about, JUST INTEND IT ALL.
Visualise.
Be grateful for what you ALREADY HAVE.
Expect.
Receive.

Things ARE changing here! Rapidly sometimes! The past week was SO CRAZY. We INTENDED It and it happened! Around $40 000 unexpected income to my family (brother and adult children included).

Today I was busy early and bought a wonderful single garden chair lol! It's happening.

The Universe is just waiting for you. It's ready to give.

I'm grateful for YOU today CMF, beginning this thread of endless possibilities and BEAUTIFUL lives in the making.

Love EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi positive energy peeps lol

The saying... 'we teach best what we most need to learn' has been a deep thinking lessons for me the past 2 weeks. What a slamming 2 weeks. The most horrible things happened.

SO I had to take more leave to deal. I am so grateful for my bosses!

I'm still in the midst of dealing with those but the crises parts have passed I Pray.
Now for the recovery time.
Lots to organise and ughh lol... trying to be HAPPY to phone Victim's Services is quite a challenge! Plus other ughs to do. I've scheduled the ahem things in to my diary BEFORE a nice thing in the day. If I don't do this, then I procrastinate (I know thyself lol).

I put out there about "friends" and wow none of my friends can cope atm.
Then others came out of the woodwork, so the universe is responding beautifully.

I want to put ACTUAL things in my Dream Folder No. 2. I couldn't think of any I was feeling too low... the emotion things are woven throughout but the THINGS that will help my life be happier I am now pulling in to form.

I had held a picture of the exact kitchen cupboard I loved but was far too expensive (like $1000 too expensive lol) I found for $200 on special by accident lol while I was doing a favour for another person. I bought it. Now to put it together lol.

Happy positive thoughts!

Love EM

golden82
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Just stumbled across this great thread; too tired to read through properly now but look forward to doing so. V interested in this sort of stuff too and love learning. Kind regards.