FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Meditation, Manifesting, Gratitude & The Law of Attraction

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to start so hope I can express myself clearly and maybe with others' input we can expand on this. I'm interested in people's thoughts/ experience with meditation, manifesting, gratitude & the law of attraction. I've recently started using the Smiling Mind app to meditate when going to sleep and sometimes when feeling a little anxious, like tonight. It is something i thought i could never do as my mind rarely stops, however, with persistence, I find I enjoy it. I guess i tend to have a negative mindset which I am determined to change.I always felt uneasy about thinking positive things as i thought i would jinx myself, and that whenever I made a positive comment or felt happy it would go wrong or something negative would happen. So i refrained from allowing myself to be too happy, I guess to 'protect' myself. Recently i have been feeling happier, stronger, expressing gratitude and taking note of when things have come to me when i needed them. Coincidence, or answers to what i put out to the Universe? I like to think the latter. A work colleague one day told me to manifest something i wanted, put it out to the universe , so I'm trying. Example, recently we needed to measure the floor space at reception so we could calculate how many people we could have in at one time. I needed a tape measure, which i did not have. At that moment our handyman walked into the office. Guess what he had? I am getting into the habit of practising positive thinking instead of thinking/expecting negatives. If something 'negative' does crop up, it can be dealt with, it's not the end of the world. I look for the positive in every negative situation. I am becoming more aware of being grateful for little things, things like getting a good car park at work, a warn cosy bed, a tidy house. I feel when i am expressing gratitude I am putting positive thoughts out into the universe and I notice more positives instead of focusing on negatives. Late last week we had internet issues at work and a colleague i found a little annoying. I've been feeling very drained, agitated, negative for a few days. This morning things were not running smoothly for me. A result of my negative mind perhaps? Little things became a big deal, my morning was crap. If i look back, it wasn't really an issue, i just did things in a different order which gave me more relax time this evening. The Law of Attraction, positive thoughts, positive experiences.

What are your thoughts?

cmf x

495 Replies 495

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

wow, i am so glad to see others enjoying this thread. I am really into practising gratitude. It really came about when i realised how selfish one of my colleagues is. Everything is about what she get out of something. I am also learning about the law of attraction. I used to always have the mind set that i could not afford things. I did have years of living to the last cent, single mum, not working, raising kids etc. All my choice of course. I don't have expensive taste and am very happy with the simple things in life. Recently i celebrated my 50th birthday and decided i would treat myself. I had been doing extra hours at work and decoded i would buy myself a new winter coat (mine is about 25 years old) and some nice leather boots. Something I had wanted for years but always thought i couldn't afford. I found them on sale, a great buy so I spoiled myself and i feel amazing when i wear them. This has changed my mindset somewhat and i realise that i can buy good quality item when i need to. they will always last longer and of course i feel great so therefore i attract nice things. i'm not saying i now splurge on expensive things cos believe me i don but i realise that i can have good quality if i need. I work, I do extra hours whenever it is offered and i deserve it. I also do not cringe as much when my kids need something. I am using the law of attraction to attract things to me that i would normally become anxious over. i am more positive and trust in the universe.

Over the last few years i have expressed my interest in taking on an extra day at work if it became available. i always cover for others if they are away and have even covered t other offices when needed. An extra day may be challenging with 3 kids but i know i can do it. Anyway a few months ago i received a text message on a Saturday morning asking if could work at one of our offices as my colleague had an emergency to tend to. I said yes but i would need to take my little miss with me. this was fine as it is a quite office and so i did it. It is 4 hours work but paid for 7 as there are penalty rates. i then offered to do this on a regular basis whenever needed. My manger agreed. It saves her trying to find a cover and it gives me my extra 'day'. myself and my colleague work it out amongst ourselves and it usually get 2 or 3 Saturdays a month. It is a blessing and being a Saturday does not impact on the family too much.

i am really blessed.

cmf x

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear CMF

That's so beautiful that you were able to get yourself nice boots and a nice coat! How lovely. xxxx

Great about the extra work too, wow!

It was lovely to read "i am blessed" at the end of your post.

I'm having a rough night and started a thread on it.

It's challenging being a parent, being a single parent is, yeah, BIG! Congratulations on your parenting also. xxxx

I might try to get an "early" night after I pick one children up from work at almost midnight and have an EARLY early Sunday start with another starting work early.

"This too shall pass" and the sun will break through again tomorrow.

I think I need some Dr Joe Dispenza to go to sleep to lol.

Love EM

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Em,

Sorry to hear you had a rough night. Hope you are feeling better.

I had a major manifesting situation today. I have been thinking of downsizing my car and have something in mind. I have visualising it alot - the colour, how it feels to drive it, how many klms it has, he price. This morning my sis in law called to tell me she is selling her car and would i like to buy it for my daughter. Well, it is the same car I am thinking of, the right price and good klms. I got excited, if my duaghter doesnt want it maybe i could buy for me and then sell mine. It was a whirlwind morning as they needed a decision today as they are buying a new one today. My daughter wasn't interested as it is not what she had in mind and still a year till she is 18. I was excited but unsure as it is not a colour i want. Also i would want to drive it and could not do that today. After mixed and confused emotions i told her we would let it go as it felt a bit rushed. I took a moment to think about it and believe that the stars did not align on this one. I feel that the opportunity came to me however it wasn't quite right at the moment, too rushed, but i cant believe that after the manifesting i have been doing she rang with the offer. WOW!

Moonstruck
Community Member
Hey CMF.....I didn't know you were a "Law of Attraction" person....so am I....for years now....ever since I picked up the first book at my son's house....just for something to read from the bookshelf...it was his girlfriend's.....I have all the books now, CD and DVDs.....you name it.....Love it, love it all...especially as guess what?...It Works!!!

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello beautiful Moon,

May I ask which books you have?

I've only understood it recently and therefore am using it. I started using meditation when i go to bed, i am feeling calm of late and 'in control', or rather, understanding that i cannot control everything. when i work with my colleague i had the fall out with i place a 'bubble' around myself to protect myself from negative energy. When i notice I feel agitated or having negative thoughts i try to turn it around. i keep a gratitude diary and write 3 things every day. My sis in law has not sold the car and is advertising on line tonight. Asked again if i wanted it but i told her to advertise and and see how it goes. i'll keep checking in, the Universe will decide, i know it will.

Thanks for joining this thread. I love your input.

cmf x

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everybody

Wow I missed some posts - so I went back and read them all, wow and yay! We must have been writing at the same time lol. How wonderful to read all the massive achievements. I think it's a massive achievement to turn our thoughts around, probably the biggest for me now and over the years.

In 'The Secret' and 'Further down the rabbit hole' there was an awesome man speaking alot. Dr Joe Dispenza.

I bought "Becoming Supernatural" by Dr Joe on the weekend - thankyou for the referral.

But for now I know I need to read "You are the Placebo" by him also.

I've had some pretty damning news from the GP today, I kind of knew it was coming tbh.
BUT I REALLY WANT TO OVERCOME THIS and be completely healed.
I'm using Dr Joe's meditation CDs and replaying them when I sleep. Also reading the Placebo book.

Do you know the WEIRDEST things are that:
* last week I had assault dream (exH was punching me alot) and my stomach pain exponentially increased after that, then..
* my eldest D was extremely abusive to me (looked evil like exH) and left in a whirlwind, then..
* GP confirmed not good news today, then...
* TONIGHT I received the weirdest text from the Electrical Store (I bought stacks last week from them) BUT IT HAD exH'S NAME ON IT.... not mine.

What the bleep? These events connected to make a complete circle. Like they're all bound up into a ball in my stomach. I read "The Four Agreements" on Sunday and I can deflect the poison others shoot at me in words. Thank God it's only words now but they are powerful and so are our reactive thoughts to those words.

I'll be straightening the stupid text out in the morning asap lol - but it all ties into what I need to RELEASE.

The CDs take you into the 'quantum field' where it's 99.9% possibility!
I'm feeling rugged atm. Dr Joe says not to live in denial over any issues so I'm glad I finally went to the Dr lol!

I'm hoping to be able to form my vision of complete health, active-ness, joy and abundance.
But in saying that I already know I need to word this in the PRESENT TENSE.

So see you in the quantum field!

Love EM

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF and everyone

Very exciting news all 'round. Life is truly magical at times.

I like to think the exciting miraculous times tend to be when the Universe says 'Yeah, sure, here you go'. The challenging times are when it says 'No, sorry 'bout that. Can't do. There are other plans in store for you. Don't worry, they're good'. Admit, sometimes I'm a bit like a kid; wonder about the gifts it has in store, heading my way. They're rewards for the hard work put into managing the challenges in between.

When it comes to upbeat tunes and songs (mentioned earlier on), I rediscovered an amazing song I'd never before put a lot of thought into until some months back. Might sound a bit nuts but if you imagine this song being sung to you by the powers that be (The Source, God, The Universe or whichever is preferred), it's a magical thing to listen to through such a perspective. Ready for it? 'Pure Imagination' from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. As I say, I know, a little nuts but nonetheless have a listen from this perspective. You gotta admit, when what we imagine shows up (through the law of attraction/manifesting), sometimes it defies explanation 🙂

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Correction. That's Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory (with Gene Wilder), not Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Moonstruck
Community Member

Hi CMF....the one that introduced me to the concept was Ask and It Is Given...by Esther and Jerry Hicks. I also have their The Astonishing Power Of Your Emotions (which comes with a CD) . I have Esther's DVD s , " Ask and It Is Given" in which she and Jerry are interviewed as they explain how it all began. Another of Esther's DVDs are presentations on a cruise in front of an audience called Press The Launch Button.....and I have a CD that helps me sleep...Getting Into The Vortex..guided meditations. And of course the dvd of The Secret...

some folk think it's all rubbish...but I reckon, hey if it works for you.......it certainly resonated with me from about the first paragraph I ever read!

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks Moon and all,

How about The Law of Vibration?

Any thoughts?

Cmf x