FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Are you a morning person?

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey all!

Wanted to start another thread to encourage people to share great tips and experiences with each other, specifically about waking up in the morning. 

I've never considered myself a morning person (quite the opposite), so I'd like to pose a question to anyone who loves mornings or thrives in the mornings, what's your go-to routine? Is there anything that you can't go without doing when you start the day, or anything that you absolutely swear by? For some people, I know that spending time and effort on skincare is of the utmost importance, or making a hearty breakfast, or going for a walk/exercising, etc. 

I'd love to hear people's experiences. What are your morning secrets that set the tone for a fantastic day?

SB

12 Replies 12

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi sbella02,

Great thread 😊

For me I like to set the tone for my day in the morning.

I choose every morning to have a uplifting energy and to see everything in the positive.

I like to say today is a great day.

I I like to say positive affirmations to myself with intention like:

I am love

I am joy

Doing this always makes me feel good in the morning and for the day ahead.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

I am not a morning person. So look forward to comments. Petal and Sbella is it in our genes.?

I come from a long line of non morning people. 

Hi quirkywords,

I never used to be a morning person but then I learned that I had a choice and I could choose to be a morning person I could re create the person I wanted to be ….. “ I had that power”.

I learned to change my perceptions and I learned to consciously become who I wanted to be.

Its all within us to do this……. change your thoughts and in turn this will change your mindset and your reality ❤️🙏

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Interesting thread topic.I have always been a morning person.I am usually awake at 3am-4am.If it's washing day I put my washing on.When I had a dog I use to walk her for an hour.I like to do my gardening first thing in the morning.I like to do most of my things in the morning before lunch and usually rest in the afternoon.My son wakes up usually early as well so I need to be ready to get his breakfast and him ready for the day when he is here.

livi_mivi
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey sbella02, 

I don't have any tips to share but just wanted to thank you for creating the thread! Can't wait to hear what everyone has to say and hopefully find some motivation to get some better morning habits 😁

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Petal22,

I loooove the idea of positive affirmations, a friend gifted me a whole box of positive affirmation cards for my birthday a few years ago and I never got around to using it. Maybe I will now...

Matchy69,

3am-4am?! I am super impressed, your organisation skills are admirable. What time do you normally go to bed, may I ask?

SB

Quirky,

Me neither, I've never been a morning person, and nobody in my family particularly likes mornings either. I'd love to be though.

I was learning something at uni about circadian rhythms (body clocks), and one interesting thing I learnt was that we all have an individual "chronotype", where our bodies have times during the day when our performance is at its peak and in order to take advantage of this, we need to know when our bodies prefer to sleep/wake up. It was really interesting and to me, it gave a whole new meaning to the concept of being a "morning" versus an "evening" person. As Petal22 has said, it is possible to change this "chronotype" such that we can become more of an evening or more of a morning person.

I've noticed that particularly on social media, waking up early tends to be something that a lot of people strive towards, perhaps because it's nice to be able to "take advantage of the day" and do as much as we can while there's sun (unless it's cold and raining). But it is interesting to know that there may be a biological reason behind why some people are better suited towards mornings than others, and that we have the ability to train ourselves to challenge this. 

Loving reading everybody's responses so far! 

SB

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I do go to bed early 7:30-8:30 at night and I have been going to bed that time for most of my life.I think it has been a life long routine of mine.I think getting into a routine is the key.But it is what ever works for you and are comfortable with.It is really hard to change a routine.I love morning sounds.Its 5am here I can here rooster crowing in the next street and a truck going out to the highway and my clock ticking.I will hear other birds singing soon and other wildlife making sounds.It is just interesting listening to the sounds of nature.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

not a morning person really.... need a coffee so  you can talk to me.

well, it depends on when i wake. If I do wake earlier when all is quiet I can be ok.

regardless, after waking up one of the 1st things i will do is wordle - it acts as a circuit breaker for -ve thoughts.