FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

So angry

Purple4
Community Member

I am so angry and confused.

A few hours ago my 22yr old daughter called be upset and confided that she has been having a sexual relationship with her therapist.

I told her that her therapist has betrayed her trust and that she needs to report him. She thinks she is in love with him.

I asked her to call beyond blue for and unbiased point of view. She just finished telling me that the beyond blue person she spoke to said that this was ok as it is mutual.

Seriously is this true?

I am furious, angry, sad, hell I feel so helpless right now

69 Replies 69

Hey Sarah,

thanks for your message. I’m feeling okay today despite everything going on. Thank you for your condolences.

that’s amazing, I do! I have a 19yo black TB mare. She’s my spoilt little (big) brat!

much love!
x

Oh stunning... a black mare and yes... I can imagine... very bratty.. lol.

I had a 12 yo mare and she was so flighty and had such an attitude... she used to hang with the cows and I am sure she felt like she was Queen...

I am glad to hear you are feeling ok Periwinkle2... ok is ok xx

I am watching The Lion King tonight... I love it so much... and have three cats sitting on me... just another party night in iso... lol

hugs

Sarah xx

When you feel up to it Periwinkle tell us more about your horse and how you have always felt happy and at peace with horses. Im remembering when we had the shetland ponies stay with us many many years ago .

I would also like to hear more about your mental health diagnosis. Was this diagnosis made by a different therapist?

It sounds silly me asking as I am your mother but I think it would be great to share in the forum and hear how you explain things. This may also help me understand more.

Purple4
Community Member

Haha Sarah, sounds like my nights aswell xx

Always loved horses since I was a young kid! Riding is an amazing outlet and stress reliever, it especially was during my teenage years.

I was formally diagnosed by a psychiatrist, he diagnosed me with bipolar and borderline personality disorder.
my “therapist” should be saying ex therapist.. anyways only thinks I just have the bipolar and not the borderline, as he has been working with me much closer for a longer period. He thinks it’s more of a mood disorder rather than a personality based disorder. He cannot diagnose though, that’s just his opinion.

sounds like a great night in Sarah!! xx

I love being with horses too, how strong they are but so gentle, how you connect with them when you are riding it is like you are one. To feel the power and the speed of a good gallop!
I will never forget when I took my kids riding for the first time and they had sweet little ponies.. they bought out the Carlton Draught Clydesdale for me.. I was not sure whether to laugh or be offended...I ended up really loving him and looked forward to seeing him when we went.

S

Purple4
Community Member

Hello to all following

Just thought I would check in since it has been awhile since I have posted.

At the moment everything is at a stand still. I haven't discussed this situation with my daughter for awhile now. I have had a very busy stressful week at work and I'm so happy it is now Sunday so I can hide away from the world at home to rest.

I hope everyone is well x

Hi Purple4

Great to chat to you some more and thank you for stopping in to let us know how you doing.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate still which is not ideal really, I am hoping that soon we can get back to some type of normal and reach out to some of the things we do usually do to stay refreshed, like movie theatres and restaurants and just catch ups with friends. Do you think some of these things will help you too when they start to reopen?

I hope that things are going well with Periwinkle2 and I have been thinking of her too and wondering how she is coping with so much also on her plate, as well as thinking about what the future holds for her relationship.

It is really nice to chat to you some more, we are here for you so stop in anytime.

Huge hugs

Sarah

Purple4
Community Member

Hi Sarah

The corona virus hasn't really impacted my private life that much as I don't have a social life. It has made work more stressful but I don't go out anywhere unless for a celebration. There are probably hundreds of reasons why I isolate myself. Its just the way my life is.

I really struggled with empty nest when my kids became adults but now being alone is so normal for me. Thats why I have found this forum so helpful. It makes me feel less alone.

I hope my daughter will reach out here aswell if and when she needs.

Thanks so much for caring Sarah x

Hi Purple4

I am glad that you feel supported here and that you are reaching out when you are feeling lonely and that you don't really have anyone to bounce these issues off, we are certainly here for you. I have early teens so the empty nest situation is probably going to come creeping up on me sooner that I know, time seems to go so quickly.

I understand that some people do love their own company and are happy to move through their life without many social interactions, I actually do have a few friends like that, we text and chat on the phone but actually meetings are few as they do really just enjoy being on their own. However, probably now with the restrictions easing more social things will open up, is this something you think you might like to try, to engage more with people or to make some new friends?

I hope Periwinkle2 does reach out some more too, it may not be until after she has had some change in the relationship and needs some support or advice, depending if it is positive or negative. I hope that she is doing well and that she is getting through the pain of her friends illness and losing her grandfather, alot at the same time to manage.

The sun is out here today in Melbourne so I am going to try to get some of those rays into me...maybe a walk at lunchtime. Do you have any hobbies that you like to do?

Hugs

Sarah