FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

extra loneliness and helplessness around holidays and new year's eve..

Abbie121
Community Member
I've been struggling with loss and grief from a long-term relationship breakdown last year, and now find myself in isolation with deep loneliness and sadness.. made worse by looking back at my life this time last year where it was full of people and things to do. I find I reach out to friends to try and connect but I get nothing back - they are too busy with their families or don't even reply. I want contact with my ex just to try to re-live some of the connection and affection we had, which I know is unhealthy but he has moved on and doesn't want anything to do with me. I struggle to understand why I can't form lasting relationships or why people have no interest in spending time with me, or even checking in on me to offer a kind word or support. I have no one to talk to or spend time with. I'm dreading tomorrow new year's eve when everyone else will be spending it with people and I want that too, but can't seem to get it. I don't know what to do..
21 Replies 21

Charlie2006
Community Member
Abbie I think the best thing for you to do is find stable/ reliable people to be around; people you could trust e.i. siblings or other family. All of my friends have been busy with their families over the holidays to, I've found that watching art videos really helps take my mind of things. Maybe it could help you too :).

Thanks Charlie, that is true.. 🙂 Am seeing some family tomorrow. What sort of art videos do you watch?