FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Wishing for a friend to talk to

dragonflies
Community Member

Hi,

I feel alone. I'm 19 and I have no friends anymore. No one to confide in, trust, or share my life with. I just want someone to talk to. Someone who gets me and who I can relate to and vice versa. I find it hard trying to make friends. I dread the process of getting to know someone completely for who they are. It takes so much time and effort. I have only ever been hurt in the past after making such close friends and having them just drift away from you without a care in the world.

Does anyone feel like this too?

dragonflies

195 Replies 195

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been on in so long.

Is anyone still here?

How is everyone?

Hope you've all been well.

dragon

Hi, dragon!!

It's great to hear from you again. I'm still here. I'm doing alright. Year 12 is a pain in my ass along with heaps of other shit that's been happening in my life progressively worse. But ah well, she'll be right.

How have you been? What's new in your life?

Padfoot.

Hey Padfoot! I wish I had replied sooner, I hope you still get this.

Wow in year 12 now! How is it? How are you? What has been happening in your life lately? I hope you've been well.

I've had an intense last two years. I was overmedicated by my psychiatrist for about a year on multiple medications that I had to get myself off. I fell out with my family, my boyfriend, stopped working, had no money, moved out of home, got into scary situations and pretty much felt like I lost who I was. My mum practically rescued me and took me home to live with her. I spent the next 8 months coming off medications I should never have been prescribed in the first place. I began working again, talking to my family, reconnecting with my partner, exercising and trying to feel like myself again.

I don't feel the same as I did before this all happened but I suppose it would be hard to go back to feeling completely myself because I've been through something that all in all has changed me as a person.

I learnt a lot about myself and I've become really close with my mum. I'm forever grateful to her for helping me.

But enough about me! Tell me how you are going?

dragon

Hi Dragon 😄

I'm glad to hear from you again, it sounds like you've been through a lot since last time. I have too.

Since the last time I started planning out an album I'm going to write, which is a lot of fun. I've got two songs written for it. I've gotten a new girlfriend and we've been dating for almost 2 months. I broke one of my guitars and am fixing it today. I also bought a new one XD. I've started listening to a lot of My Chemical Romance as well. My sister moved out of the house so I took her room for my studio .

Life has been all over the place tbh, but oh well. It's good to hear from you again. Can't wait to see your response.

from Padfoot

That sounds awesome! what kind of music do you write?

My sister is really good a music and can play guitar. I wish I could but I find it so hard.

Lucky having a whole room for your studio! What subjects are you doing in yr 12?

Ill give them a listen 🙂

dragon

Well, my band and I are all really into punk rock, so we're going to write that style of music. The song I'm working on right now is kind of like Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day minus the electric guitar. My year 12 subjects are chemistry, Music, Catholic Studies, Art, Maths and English.

Music is hard, I've had ups and downs with songwriting. The one I'm working on right now I managed to write in 20 minutes (I didn't even mean to) but the other one is a work in progress after about 2 months already.

You should try learning an instrument, whether it's guitar od singing, it'd possibly help with whatever's happening in your life. I know playing guitar has helped me a lot.

And if you'd like a playlist with a heap of really good MCR songs I have one I could give you. 🙂