FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

(Trigger warning) PTSD after being stabbed

Guest_08B8CB20
Community Member
I feel after i was stabbed nearly 1year ago in the chest heart arterie severed , punctured left lung ,fractured rib rushed to icu injuries were life threatening,i am struggling to deal with life i live in constant fear especially around people i public i have no family support but do have friends but i feel a burden to them all, the flashbacks are out off control especially when sleeping,i dont no what to do i dont have the desire to do much in life anymore i seam to have lost interest in working hobbies even going for a surf i have 4weeks left at were im staying now and the time has come for me to ask for help as i put on a brave face but deep down im feel broken, what do you suggest would be something that could help me with dealing with this nighmare i deal with everynight i go to sleep
227 Replies 227

Hi Croix

Your not wrong Buddy not sure what the deal is here but she is a very kind person and also has good heart and to let me stay here in a fully contained unit its pretty flash to i must say at the least im very lucky . At the moment she said just chill and we can discuss arrangements later, she is also very creative and i think i can also be off some use buy helping her out with work that needs doing around the place which will make me happy as i get the chance to show her my appreciation for what she has done for me most people dont understand and take for granted what it is like to come back to having a roof over our head at the end off the day. Im in a good safe place means the world to me right now.

Happy new year to you and Mark thanks once again for all you time and effort

Regards Jason

Ps im waiting for one more document from victoms of crime then im handing everything over to a lawyer and im forgetting about it well i will try to?

Hi Croix

You wont believe this i have just had the boyfriend test me i been home alone tonight whilst my friend went to a new years eve party and just found out my good friend is in thailand next thing the boyfriend comes banging on door making all types usumptions im out off here rather the wind and back off ute got no money life has really got bad when i thought it could not get any worse 2017 great start

Jason

Hi Jason

It's ups and downs all the way - frustrating & upsetting - it has to get better this year.

What you said before about handing over the victims of crime stuff to a lawyer and forgetting about it for now sounds like a pretty good idea - less day to day hassles to think about.

Can you give your friend a ring and ask her to straighten things out? Seems a pity to let some jerk stuff things up for you.

Hang in their friend

Croix

Hi Croix

All good for now he came and apologize to me

Hooray! - see 2017 will have an up side

Croix

Hi Mark and Croix

I have scaned and sent off to mygov why i am not receiving any follow ups on my DSP claim also sent them photo off were i been sleeping be interesting to see how long it takes for a reply i really would like to go and get help somewhere else in the world asia for these reoccurring dreams as i can not seam to stop thinking about the whole ordeal unless i am keeping busy doing something but right now got no energy as im hunrgy and out of money and im staying in someone's home grany flat and does not feel right not paying my way , to be completely honest i cant believe this is what it has come to i just cant get my head around the stabbing, why i survived, not receiving any help for ptsd anxiety, DSP ,TWO down grades in charges, the original police officer detective being moved to another station shortly after then being on indefinite sick leave, the judge given bail before im out of icu, and there is more i cant stop thinking who has interfered and im prettysure positive in fact who it is, it driving me crazy .

Anyway im going to give posting a rest for few days

Best wishes for 2017

Jason

Hi Jason

You may not feel crash hot at the moment, but you've made some progress with your DSP claim.

You are also being helped by a friend by staying in the flat. Ask yourself if the situations were the other was round would you help out - I reckon you would.

It's no big thing to accept a hand from a friend. I've found that if someone does me a favor and I can't repay it- for whatever reason, then later down the track I help someone else - What Goes Around Comes Around as they say.

You made the rainbow and made two children happy, the girl you made it for and the one she was giving it it to

I'm glad you are at least out of the wind

Hang in there - post here whenever you want.

Croix

Hi

I spoke to one of the on line councilors today she was very good to talk to and with all your help combined makes me realize that im not going mad or crazy i just have to be strong its like a war over ethics, honor ,principal and human rights i have to think like a warrior aspecially when im getting support from people like yourself and others on this forum including my good friend and others who are not getting paid strange how things work out at times i feel alone on this journey then there is times like this when i feel this overwhelming amount of support i dont want to let you all down after all your time and effort guiding me through with your own remedies from your own miss fortune, i will hopefully be able to assist others one day on this forum as i feel indebted and owe it to the people.

this forum may very well have saved my life , i have actually learnt so much about myself and what people need to hear to stop from giving up

I been hard work i no. im going to try not to let it continually get to me and think like a warrior ,trouble with that way off thinking sometimes do things that will end up eventually getting me locked up nothing i do hurts anyone but its out of need not greed and im prepared to pay the price for my actions which i no is wrong and we must be accountable for what we do in life i call it a temporary loan which i intend to pay back to the corporate giants who invade other countries kill inocent women and children for oil and trick us into believing its terrorism well this government has terrorized me i no that for sure!!! i will probably gett more jail time than the guy who stabbed me but at least i will get the opportunity to tell the judge what i think off the justice system in this country to his face and also whilst im at it ask him why do you protect pedophiles and not make public aware of there whereabouts thats common sence which this government fails to have any of now thats a warrior in full swing it feels like im firing back in stead of being stranded on the side of the road and being even more depressed cant believe i have not been charged yet really would love my day in the court room i will be assertive about my ordeal with a good lawyer buy my side i will never give a statement to the police again i will be nice and friendly to them so i get bail .

You have my full respect and i hold you in high regard its my way off dealing with it

Thinking like a warrior instead off victom it helps

Jason

Jason

You post today gladdens me tremendously. To know that you are feeling strong and confident means a great deal to both Mark and myself.

Nothing worth doing is that easy, and if you have been hard work you are well worth it -and will continue to be so. If it has saved your life then all the worry at this end has resulted in a fine human being still being with us - how great.

From my experiences as a cop - and here I'm just talking as a friend that wants you to prosper - there is no percentage in trying to tell the court anything, and no point in having a day in court unless you have no choice. It is just a system that will process you and go on to something else.

Thinking as a warrior is great and as it should be - it gives strength to overcome and also -strangely enough - strength to help others. Don't go too far though and try to prove points, just be kind to yourself.

Croix

Hi Croix /Mark

Hope your all well. I popped into centerlink today weii i asked them why have you not informed me about appointment they reckon they did not no what i eas talking about ok i said why ave you not kept intouch with me to tell me the outcome off my dsp end result they called police and i was issued move on notice the police were very nice and understanding i cant not go back for 5 days i went to oz park and got a food hamper just about finished it was so hungry, i booked an appointment again with my gp

Thats were im at once again its you fellas and my gp that understand everyone else treats me like i dont exist 

Take care

Jason