FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Should I just suck this up?

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, this isn't easy for me to write bcas I respect police also but this is my situation.

I aparantly unlawfully entered a friends property, that's right a friends property. He wasn't home and I wasn't believed. Anyhow I was put in a mental institution. I preferred the hospital choice over the police station choice thinking I'll be in there for a couple weeks.

3 months later I came out overmedicated feeling like shite...misdiagnosed with a mental illness as a " safety net" seriously!!!!

3 months of my life where I couldn't work, and live my normal life. Inclosed in a small space, going crazy.

Should I just " suck this up". ?

2,270 Replies 2,270

Pepper,

Ppl around me have been dark. Ppl in positions. In the hospital this psychiatric nurse prob from the war was soooo dark. He said things to me that hit a chord. I grabbed this sheet and kept hitting it against their window, they were moving backwards. I was so angry. I had to miss out on work as well, had shifts lined up. I ended up being put into seclusion. I was kicking the door down, kick by kick. I have PTSD.

Anyhow security came in to inject me, it happened three times because I kept kicking the door, yelling, and punching the mattress. Do my human emotions really need to be sedated. Three buttocks injections later, I could still kick that door lol.

A man with mental illness just made my day. We chatted, he bought me a couple wines & gave me $10. The chat we had was brilliant. The chat I had with another guy was really good as well. Now I'm playing with my grandmas & uncles little dog.

Seems emotional reasoning came into play in my situation & logic went out the window. Isn't it better to make a logical decision instead of an emotional one. I'm all for logic.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Guest/CM~

I can't excuse the police or your treatment.

I do know you have seen most sides of life, things the comfortable ordinary people never have to acknowledge or deal with.

You do deal with it though, ever since you came here I've seen strength, kindness and even a little humor as well as ups, downs and horrible circumstances. I don't know how I would cope with all that - not nearly as well as you I suspect.

You have found out there are good, kind and interesting people in all sorts of places, that's most important.

If I needed someone at my back I would be happy if it was someone like you, PTSD, anger and all

Croix

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Laughs , that's beautiful Croix. I actually just called them about my medication, I want to get off it, but I thought they'd prob put me back in hospital bcas I'm on the order. It really sucks doing this to myself.

At the tribuneral I felt my vulnerability. I learnt there's tears behind my PTSD. I learnt I needed to cry. I soldier on...then I remembered what you said about how soldiering on was the worst thing u could of done. So now I'm healing my PTSD from the hospital stays & I really don't want another one.

I still believe I have the right to choose whether or not to be medicated.

Yeah I have seen all walks of life. Makes life dark & tough & hard & all the colours of the rainbow.

I get angry bcas I'm passionate about certain things. I've also seen ppl get out of mental institutions bcas they misbehaved, so, I did just that but was also triggered by the dark character.

Some ppl close their ears to me, they don't hear me. That could be a reason I voice here. If it helps someone, great.

I've been strong lately. Like, scary strong with my vulnerability & am loving it. Pain has a purpose!

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Croix,

I think I have to speak to police. I called and they were going to be sent to my place but I got scared i was going to be put back in hospital. I need to clear this illegal entering thing up. Write a letter perhaps??? Ppppprrrrr.....I cannot be emotional this time.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear CM

(Like Shell I'd prefer just the second half of that name.)

Um - I'm not sure what you mean by 'cleared up', however you asked about writing. If it was me and I had the cash I'd see a lawyer, get him/her to write, enclosing a statement of support from the householder. Then it is all on record.

Unless you have a clear idea of what you want to come out of this personally I'd be tempted to steer clear of the extra hassles. Perhaps talk it over with a lawyer first? If you can't afford one see what organizations might help, that only costs phone calls to start with.

Sorry to sound a little discouraging, I know well what you mean about closed ears

Croix

OK , so, I don't think its wise to do this on my own.., how is this even real life....going to get legal advice

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Why couldn't u have been that cop? Why ...been dealt a bad hand, not a good one, a bad one..upset.

Crazy monkey bcas my life is crazy. But thankyou.

Ooh poor thing..... All I want to do is just hold you and say "everything is going to be okay", everything is going to be okay, In hope it will bring some comfort to your heart.

Are you able to just do something that you normally find fun, just for a bit? Maybe to help clear your head for a while or something. This helps me at times.

Shell xx