FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Should I just suck this up?

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, this isn't easy for me to write bcas I respect police also but this is my situation.

I aparantly unlawfully entered a friends property, that's right a friends property. He wasn't home and I wasn't believed. Anyhow I was put in a mental institution. I preferred the hospital choice over the police station choice thinking I'll be in there for a couple weeks.

3 months later I came out overmedicated feeling like shite...misdiagnosed with a mental illness as a " safety net" seriously!!!!

3 months of my life where I couldn't work, and live my normal life. Inclosed in a small space, going crazy.

Should I just " suck this up". ?

2,270 Replies 2,270

Shelly, I'm sitting here overmedicated and crying. I even rang up the police line. I want them to know I didn't illegally enter,I knocked, I was let in, that is the truth. I should not be going through this. I couldn't follow through though with the police visit bcas I don't need other hassles like being put back into hospital. I just have to suck it up today. Those other poor gals still in the hospital, overmedicated.

I know what u mean about shouting out n kicking n stomping. I just want the truth to be out there. Out there, somewhere.... I feel pressure. I don't like pressure. At least its safe at home.

Hi Guest,

Sorry, I am about 2 conversations behind on your thread but I just wanted to pop in to give some moral support.

I'm glad you're feeling safe to share your story with us. Despite all your pain and struggles, it's as though you're finding your "voice" again, and that's quite beautiful to witness...

Kind thoughts,

Pepper xo

Thanks gorgeous girl...I'm scared typing it, I was shaky & emotional...I read about the dragonfly, what a special moment. I love moments like those.

Aw any time 🙂

Yes, of course it was emotional; I guess maybe telling your story was a little like releasing some of your emotions from an internal pressure cooker...

Thank you so much- your comment about reading the dragonfly story made me smile...

Sending Kind thoughts,

Pepper xo

Now I'm smiling...

Yes my internal cooker exploded... Tears on & off.

I see a psychiatrist Mon organized by the mental health team. I'm pretty sure my medication levels will be tested. I just sighed....

Hey Guest,

Tears is okay. No tears is also okay.

Whatever you feel is okay.

You're "allowed" to feel (not that you need anyone's "permission"- you don't)...own your own feelings.

Hugs,

Pepper xo

Thankyou guys,

Your support means a lot to me. I'm hurting & its really good to have u around. I'm still at home. I just want to feel it today. I want to take everything in. I've said it, now I have to feel it. I don't want to live with PTSD. I am going to overcome it & the way I feel. Its important to chill & feel hey. Think I've been living in the fast lane a while, time to slow it down.

Shell,

Today my fun has been staying at home, slowing my brain down, eating, healing....gym might have to wait until tomorrow. I'm having a "feels" day...a chill day. The pressure was from the " outside" world...all that can leave bcas I'm being hugged and everything's going to be OK, or not, I just have to do my best even though it sucks. It really sucks.

I don't know what to say , but I can sit here quietly with you for a while if you would like. Nice and calm....

Shell xx