FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not in a good space

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
It's like a feeling just bubbling up to the surface. It's panicky and disgusting and I dont' know what to do with it. There's no thoughts associated with it. It's a feeling. A really gross one. I called the Suicide Call Back service. I didn't find them helpful. What do you do? What helps you?
1,405 Replies 1,405

Just been texting my friend up the coast who is starting chemotherapy tomorrow. Luckily her sister has come to stay with her for a while. A reminder to me that things can always be much worse!

Just a lot of running around today. I'm pooped! The usual money problems...

Are you still doing the prac?

Good on you anyway 🙂🐾🎇

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all

Wobbly start to prac, but it is what it is 🙂

I feel pretty tired with all the things plus the stress of the things. I’m stress eating to cope, and popping out of my clothes 😬

Hope everyone is going ok. Sorry to hear about your friend, Hanna. Hope the treatment goes well.

Hugs, Katy

Hey Katy

Congratulations on so much success during your prac?
Is it STILL only your first week??

Lordy, feels like a month ago lol.

Remember "Prac" is just that.
It probably should be "wobbly" otherwise you wouldn't be learning anything... does that make sense?

I keep making typos.
Too much working from home.
I need some rest!

Much love to you and all those reading
EMxxxx

Hi Katy

I hope you're feeling a bit more relaxed after a rest.

How long does the prac go for?I can imagine it would be tiring.

My friend says the chemo.has knocked her around quite badly but she has her sister staying with her for a while thankfully.

Good on you for persisting with the prac!

🙂🌸🐦💐

Hi all

Far out I’m tired!!! I was in bed at 7pm last night, and all I want to do is go back to bed. But I have to work on my thesis as I have a meeting with my supervisor on Tuesday and I’ve done nothing. Oh dear!

Prac goes for 13 weeks. It took me 19 weeks last year with all the absences I had. I imagine it will be the same this year. It’s such a long time! I’ve completed 7 whole days so far lol

well in my busyness I’ve neglected my plants, and today I see I have a few snow peas of a good size already growing, so that’s cool. We finally have a day with a bit of sunshine so that’s cool too 🙂

Glad to see you here visiting, EM - hope you managed to get some rest in! And Hanna, good that your friend has support. Hope you and Sam are well x

Hi Katy

I hope things are going OK for you. Lockdown here means that things are very quiet. Just popped by to say hi. Cheers 🐦🌷🦚🌸🎶

Go u Katy - how has ur prac been going? nice to read the supervisor (coordinator?) and other workers are nice and that u like it there... and are enjoying it, sounds like u fit like a glove...

is the work interesting? different to last year? hope its going wonderful and this week has been good so far, with some warmth and sun for ur plants.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well today one of the workers at prac figured out where she knew me from - seeing me with my ex, who she knows. I knew she knew him from day 1. I was hoping she wouldn’t remember. I don’t want “that” in that space. I want it to feel like a safe space, so I’ve asked her not to mention him. I hope she doesn’t. It threw me off today and was yuk.

Couch and pasta now for self care. Thanks for the warm wishes. x

Hello Katy,

Yay you!!! You have been managing to go to prac... every day you go is worth a celebration lass... the harder it is for you to go the bigger the celebration you deserve...

I hope your meeting went ok yesterday & that your supervisor gave you helpful & supportive advice...

I'm sending you a big squishy bear hug lass...Woofa sends you a virtual snuggle

Paws

Hi. Katy

It's like that in this town too! I've had 3 people mention to me that G and I stay back after lessons together - how/where the heck they saw I don't know! We stay back after everyone has gone...

I don't think she'll say anything. I can understand it makes you feel very uncomfortable though. Living in a big city has its advantages - this sort of thing rarely happens!

Just plough on with your head up. The less you seem to care about it the better.

Spend tonight chilling out.

I actually have an old flame from ages ago living in your town! You've probably passed him at the beach or in the street. It's a small world!

II've been kicking myself for turning him down for years 😕

Life sucks occasionally! 😊😷👍