FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

how do i stop crying

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I feel so alone,i dont have many friends or anyone who wants to know what i am going through.I just find my self just breaking down and crying.I just want some one to listen and not to judge me.
784 Replies 784

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Matchy69

I just read your thread and sometimes when i feel out of control and cant stop crying i try singing....sounds weird but putting on some music that you love and belting out a song helps so much. I am sorry you dont feel like you have people to talk to....i would be happy to chat to you...what are some of the things that make u break down crying?

Hope to chat soon x

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Matchy

You sound very unhappy and I am sad for you. Can you post here and talk to us? It's not the same as face to face I know but it can be helpful.

I agree with Aaronsis about singing. There is something about music that can touch our innermost being. In my dark days I kept playing the same half a dozen CDs because they held meaning for me and I sang with them. Probably a good job I was alone.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? Are you at uni/work/school? What hobbies, if any, do you have? I enjoy reading/embroidery/knitting for my grandchildren. I am a member of a meditation group and have some volunteer work. If I stayed indoors all day I think I would cry a lot. The trick is to get out into the sunshine now that the days are warming up and before we run the risk of getting sunburnt.

Come and chat to us.

Mary

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I have depression,anxiety,ocd,panic attacks.I cant keep any friends because of all of this.It breaks my heart the friends i lost knowing its all my fault.I dont work,i just stay at home mostly these days,not game to go out.I do like gardening but finding it hard these days to even go outside

Thank u for sharing that with us Matchy69. I cant even begin to imagine how full you must be feeling with all those emotions going on.

Gardening is a wonderful outlet. I would love to be able to have a beautiful garden but i have this amazing skill that i cant even keep a plastic plant alive....

However being out in the fresh air and sunshine is so great for your heart and mind so even if you can manage 10 minutes i am sure that might help...especially tomorrow it will be lovely weather.

Friendships are tough no matter if you struggle with mental health or not. It is difficult in this fast paced world to make time and keep time for ourselves let alone our friends.

What did you do for work when you where working?

This might sound like another weird suggestiom but i sometimes colour in...in a mindfulness book. .i dont know how or why but that makes me feel happy.

Do you have any pets?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I have done an hour of watering this morning,just started crying again.I lose my friends from showing them to much attention,being to anxious that will hate me and then they think i am pscho.I dont think make anymore friends it is to heart breaking when i lose them.I was a labourer when i did work years ago.I have 1 cat that came with the house when i bought it.It is a very windy day here today

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I did an hour this morning watering and just started crying.My proroblem is i lose friends because i care to much and my anxiety gets the better of me.I use to work as a labourer years ago.I have one pet cat that came with the house when i bought it.

Hi Matchy69

That is so awesome that you have done some outside things this morning. The fact that you got up and chose to go outside is wonderful and you should feel so proud of yourself, you could have easily just stayed inside.

This is not going to magically fix every thing for you overnight so please don't beat yourself up for crying, you have done a great job today.

I hear what you are saying in that you have trouble keeping friendships because you care too much and then your anxiety starts to talk to you. Perhaps this is something that you can talk about with your friends to help them understand. I am just going through losing my brother to suicide so I have to let my friends now exactly what I need from them. It isn't easy and sometimes my anxiety talks to me saying things like "people are busy they are not going to drop everything for you"...but I know they would ....and they do. Sometimes we have to show people how to be our friends as we are all different and need different things.

How do you feel these days about getting back into the work force? Maybe not in the same role as before but something even part time or a few hours a week?

What sort of cat is he/she? I love cats and have three of them, they are my saviors sometimes as they listen to all sorts of stuff that I yabba on to them about. They always are happy to listen, and have a cuddle for that matter.

Do you like reading? I have just found the joy in books and once you find your thing they can really help, almost like transporting you to another place.

Thanks for replying to me Matchy69

Cheers

Hey Match69

I did reply earlier so will see if that comes up..lol..sometimes the posts take awhile..if not I will retype it...

Cheers

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks for your replies.I really appreciate it.I did just recently lose a really good friend to my anxiety,i did try and explain to them but they think i am now a psychopath and completely blocked me and all i did was care and worry about her.This breaks my heart.My cat is a stray with a mixture in her with orange and white on her.Her name is Bubbbles,follows me around like a puppy dog.