FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Animal cruelty, climate change, monoculture...the list goes on.

ChrissyStar
Community Member
I feel hopeless and have decided not to have children because of the state of the world (why would I wish to bring a child into this when I myself, do not like to live here?). Does anyone else feel the same?
230 Replies 230

Hello everyone,

I just needed to come here, our little community garden, and sit with my discomfort for a bit.

I am feeling overwhelmed with my emotions. On a journey over the weekend, I was confronted with the vision of a B-double truck transporting cows up the highway. We were next to the truck and four or five of them were peering over the side of the truck ... the fear and bewilderment in their eyes struck straight into my heart. They had no idea what was happening, being hurled from side to side of the truck, no water to drink .... and they had no clue as to the horror that awaited them at the end of their journey.

I was on my way to a function, so much for my mascara.

I felt so helpless and sad, with no way to help them. All I could do was visualise sending them so much love to them each, and wish them a beautiful and happy life in their next life (and hoping they get that chance).

I see these trucks driving past so often, but this incident, seeing right into their huge brown beautiful eyes, was very confronting.

I'm also very upset about my neighbours, they have erected a political placard right outside our house (not technically on our property, but for all intents and purposes looks attached to our place), and it's for a candidate I do not endorse, who has views on many issues with which I disagree with a passion. So I now am putting up a placard on our fence advocating voting for those candidates who promise an end to Live Export. So, the neighbourhood war might be on. I'm nervous, but determined.

Thanks everyone.

Wishing peace, love and light to all.

🌻birdy

Hi Chrissystar (and a wave to all the other wonderful people),

beautiful birdy: I can only imagine your anguish, dear friend. I am here listening, feeling for your pain as well as for theirs. You are always welcome to share here...

It must have been an absolutely horrendous and heartbreaking sight. I think knowing about it is already heart breaking, but to see it in real time really brings home the gravity of the situation...they must have been so very frightened.

I can feel your anger, sadness and passionate feelings about the newly erected placard. To have to see a representation of things that you are so wholeheartedly and adamantly against must have elicited (elicit) so many emotions...but I feel very proud of you for standing up for what you believe in 🙂 Good on you!

I feel just as your neighbour is entitled to express their views by endorsing someone, you have the same right. I sense and understand your nerves and apprehension (who wouldn’t be a little scared?!), but I 100% believe your passion and love is far greater than your fear. Hold onto that...that same passion and belief; your convictions will see you through this instance and others in the future...

I’ve always admired and respected the way you take action for the things you believe in; for the way you take an active interest in the world around you and care so very deeply. You care through your actions. The verb. A doing word.

I truly believe the world is a better place with you in it. Really and truly. Sending you comfort for your sadness and our love xoxox

Looking at the recent election results in Aus it would appear that the majority of Australian people do not care about ending the trade of live animals (or our environment, or holding the current world record of local species loss or pursuing renewables... or really much at all really).

As far as I can tell, none of the politicians who said they were willing to speak up about any these things actually got voted in virtually anywhere (except in Tony Abbott's seat ironically).

It would appear that we are all in the distinct minority... of which I know nothing of being anything else of course.

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hello to all here,

I just wanted to acknowledge the ones who stepped out today for the climate strike.

It's so encouraging to see the growing passion in our future leaders. I read one participant who travelled 3 days from his home in the outback to get to a gathering said "We are all one family, black and white. A climate justice family." Love that.

🌻birdy

Hi birdy (& a wave to Chrissystar and all),

I agree it’s encouraging. The fact that so many young people are stepping up is inspiring. Good on all of them. Our future leaders and voters have the right idea...

A special mention to the young Swedish activist who demonstrated outside Swedish Parliament last year, and in a manner of speaking, started a movement. She has inspired so many other people to follow suit (on a global scale) to demand accountability from politicians, as well as encouraged people to make changes in their daily lives to reduce their carbon footprint.

Speaking of the environment, I have been feeling conflicted about my Paris plans. I’m aware air travel is really bad for the environment, & I’m basically wanting to go for my own hypocritical, selfish, hedonistic pleasure...

If I were visiting relatives, I feel that I could at least somewhat justify it. But that is not what Paris will be about. I’ve some thinking to do...

Thanks for bringing this up, birdy xoxox

Dear Pepper,

There is always something to think about isn't there when trying to make responsible and planet-considerate choices.

Some airlines and travel agents have partnerships with accredited carbon offset schemes, so if you do decide to go on your trip to Paris, when you buy your ticket you can ask to purchase carbon offset units which will go to the partner scheme.

Or you could find a project yourself to donate to, an example might be treesforlife dot org

It's not going to stop the carbon emissions but it will help to reduce the impact of your flight.

Just an idea for you my friend! Happy Sunday ❤

🌻birdy

Hi birdy (& a wave to Chrissystar and all),

Thanks so much 🙂 That’s really informative and helpful. I appreciate it a lot!

I’ll have to do more research to find out more and sit on it for a bit. Many thanks again and happy Sunday to you too xoxox

You're welcome my friend.

I am not very educated about it at all, but it was just a thought to put out there.

I'm planting a tree today, so i will plant it in honour of you *thinking* about whether to go to Paris or not 😊

🌻

Hi beautiful birdy (& a wave to Chrissystar and all),

It was still very helpful, regardless of whether you think you’re “knowledgeable” or not, my friend. In any case, it’s definitely more that my own knowledge concerning the airline industry...

Thank you so much, lovely friend. You made me smile with the tree planting comment. I feel very, very honoured. Happy gardening today 🙂

Much love xoxox

Another devastating day for an exquisite horse today on the racetrack.

😢😢😢

Nup To The Cup.