FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tips for the new forum

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Noticing some are having problems with the new forum and thought I would share a little.  I also understand (and have some of) the frustrations many of you will have. I thought I would add a little thread here for people to share their tips to make things easier.

I leave the default sort setting from old to new. I will go down to the bottom of the first page, and then click on the button that is for the last page to get to the latest post/reply. This saves me from having to check sort order or dates or ...

PS. If you want to add other text in addition to the tip, somehow highlight the tip in bold. 

52 Replies 52

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Go into All discussions and set the sort order to Newest first.

My Threads

If you click on your profile image, the next page that is displayed shows the threads you are part of / following. If you want, you could create a bookmark to your profile page and name it "My threads" or similar in your web browser.

Hi smallwolf and everyone,

Unfortunately the my threads/discussions you're following doesn't say anything about post count/dates/who posted last unless you click on it. 

At the moment I'm popping into each thread to see if anyone has replied.

Is there a better workaround for this?

rt

Hi rt & everyone,

My problem witih having to enter the Discussion page to find out if someone has posted for each Discussion I am interested in following, is it takes so much time, whereas with the  line

last posted, by [name] at [time & date, please] (yes, please, saying 'yesterday' or 'two weeks ago' is sometimes unhelpful when all the posts on a page are listed this way, it's more difficult to be sure of the chronological order they are in. The setting for newest or oldest first doesn't seem to stick, so when I return I have to check if it is still newest first, as I had set it earlier. I want it to remain, newest firstt, until I decide to change it. If I want to go back to the earliest of posts I can use the page numbers.

Hanna3
Community Member

I have that same problem as mmMekitty, newest to oldest doesn't stick, I have to keep changing it over and over, the threads revert back to oldest first.. also I cannot use the  " support" button, I get a red circle with a line through it.  

Paw Prints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Hanna,

With the support button you have to click on the heart... if you try to click elsewhere in the box you will get the red circle with the line through... I found that out by accident

RT

I agree I can’t seem to find where the threads that haven’t been answered so have to search through all discussions .

Hi everyone ☺

Romantic I'm able to read replies in my email because I  opted for email notifications from profile picture. Might work in additional options below the text box too.

Might be easier for now.

It's good because the discussion title is highlighted so  tapping/clicking on it links to that dicussion (thread) here on bb.  It looks like that works when theres a reply. 

Below is the link to 'Redesigning and upgrading the forums' section.

This can be copy/pasted into adress bar at the top or manually written then typed in (Yip bit of fluffing around hopefully temporary)

Might make it easier & quicker to get to these discussions.

https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/re-designing-and-upgrading-the/tips-for-the-new-forum/td-p/53905...

Happy to say a couple of the several issues are starting to work on my device. Hopefully for everyone else too soon.

Someone mentioned the text box is still small which it is. 

On the bottom right of it there's a triangle. 

If you hold or R) click & hold you can drag it down to make it bigger then if need be move the text box up the same way.

Finger in the box and move or scroll up from inside the box  with a R) click and hold.

Phew nearly lost this post thats taken an age. 

Talking of at this stage hopefully a glitch that'll get ironed out ...

To find your saved post Croixy I think you mentioned this I'm only getting the option to load it if I tap reply to the post I was replying to which can be tricky to find or remember. 

Way too late so nigh nite everyone ☺

Hello Quirky, we are unable to know which posts haven't been answered, compared to the old forums, we could tell, it is a shame because I always answered threads that had no response or when only Spohie M had answered, I hope this will be changed.

Geoff.

Life Member.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Help. Can you in plain language  thistechno challenged  how to auto save  onetime... I keep trying to load after it has been saved and I have lost the post.
it does not work. 
One time it saved a previous post . 
or says it auto saves I press load an nothing happens or I get an o,der reply of mine saved. 

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Geoff I too always looked for unanswered posts whether when starting a thread or lost in an old thread.