FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tips for the new forum

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Noticing some are having problems with the new forum and thought I would share a little.  I also understand (and have some of) the frustrations many of you will have. I thought I would add a little thread here for people to share their tips to make things easier.

I leave the default sort setting from old to new. I will go down to the bottom of the first page, and then click on the button that is for the last page to get to the latest post/reply. This saves me from having to check sort order or dates or ...

PS. If you want to add other text in addition to the tip, somehow highlight the tip in bold. 

52 Replies 52

Hi there, 

Thanks for asking this. Great call from Geoff also - modsupport@beyondblue.org.au is a great place to send this query, it helps us to know what problems people are experiencing with the Forums. 

It sounds like it could be due to a word count issue. Is it possible the post is more than 2,500 characters in length?

Thanks aloneagainnaturally.

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Aloneagainnaturally, Sophie M,  & everyone,

... Except for the fact that the character counter still seems wildly inaccurate. I recently edited my post down to 2384 characters (incl spaces) before it posted.

I think saying there are 'highlighted errors' to fix is misleading. What I have discovered is that there will be a brief notice, a little pop-up notice, advising wht the problem is. There is nothing literally highlighted even when the problem seeme to have been due to some bit of text I'd pasted into my writing,which contained some code or font or something hidden (I don't understand what it was now), but did not highlight the actual text where the problem lay. I ended up typing that text I thought must be the problem & deleted the pasted portion of my text. Then it posted fine.

Hugzies to all

mmMekitty

Hi aloneagainnaturally,

I'd like to encourage you to keep persevering. I am having a few troubles with understanding some of the ways this forum works.

Hopefully you can get it sorted and start up your own thread. The community of people here are very supportive and caring. 

I'm not going to attempt to offer you advice on the forum, just encouragement to keep trying! Regards from Dools