FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tips for the new forum

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Noticing some are having problems with the new forum and thought I would share a little.  I also understand (and have some of) the frustrations many of you will have. I thought I would add a little thread here for people to share their tips to make things easier.

I leave the default sort setting from old to new. I will go down to the bottom of the first page, and then click on the button that is for the last page to get to the latest post/reply. This saves me from having to check sort order or dates or ...

PS. If you want to add other text in addition to the tip, somehow highlight the tip in bold. 

52 Replies 52

Paw Prints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In case people missed SophieM's answer to my query in the improvements thread

The difference between the follow button at the bottom of a message & the one at the top of the thread in options is:

Follow post = you are only following any replies to that particular post within the thread

Follow in the options link at the very top right of the thread =  you are following every post to that thread

With both you will get notifications when something is posted... when BB past all these teething problems & gets it all working properly of course.

Hello mmMekitty, if you click on 'follow this post' it's like My Threads, but instead you have your email box full of these posts, rather than in My Threads.

Geoff.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Not so much of a tip.... But I would encourage you to ask a question here if you are unsure how to do something on the new forums.

If nothing else it could be the start for an FAQ

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey everyone,

I'm still a little bit confused trying to navigate the forums, is there any way to view all the new posts altogether? 

SB

Hanna3
Community Member

Yes I miss that too! I have to scroll through them individually and I can't see how many there are either.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Not sure about appearance on laptop but on the phone when looking at all discussions, at the top of the page there is a dropdown menu - select "most recent" and that will give you a similar appearance middle page of the previous forum.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Wolfie & everyone,

Thank you for the explanation & the 'how to'. Very much appreciated.

I would also like to see the number of posts people have posted. Going to someone's profile & seeing there if they have made or posted on one Discussion is a less direct way to find the newest members. It is better, though, if the user's number of posts is near the profile picture, as before, because someone's first post may be in a Discussion begun by someone else. I've seen several fairly recently, posting their first post in, for e.g., the Describe Your Anxiety in One Word discussion. or sometimes in direct support of another who has made a Discussion. The number below the profile Picture, wherever I looked, was very important to me.

😺Hello sbella, if you go to the 'Beyond Blue Forums, at the top there, if my memory is correct, there is a link 'All Discussions' where Discussions which have most recently been added or posted to are listed, but the list does not give number of posts, so it's less easy to find those made by first time posters.

You will easily recognise many people, but for those unknown to you, the suggestion to look into their profile & see how many Discussions they have made, & how many other posts they have submitted to other Discussions , is about all there is, I'm afraid.

My thinking is it doesn't matter too much how many posts a person has made, so much as it matters when it's someone's first or second, & as is often the case, they are wanting support & the basic acknowledgement of their reason for posting & to feel someone hears them. If we can't immediately identify them, how can we meet this need?

Later. Yes, I'm sure there will be a 'later' when I come across something else, like not being able  to spell-check here, & something I can't remember...I'll have to return when I remember, later.

💖💖💖

mmMekitty

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Wolfy thanks so much for this thread. Hi everyone ☺

I have a handful of issues that soonish I'll post in "new forums" . Today realised something thats helping a little. Sorry if its been mentioned havent had a chance to read the thread yet. 

For those of us that aren't able to get the newest to oldest posts If you subscribe to email notifications you can see replies if you've ? Followed or posted on someones thread (discussion). 

Click/tap on your avatar (profile pic) above then settings. Then you can subscribe to email notifications. 

All the best everyone. I've no doubt bb will get on top of this as soon as possible. 

Care and thoughts 💗

Wolfy hope you're well. Many thoughts with care and appreciation always ☺ 

Sbella I would like something like new threads. I still can’t find here the new posters are. 
I hope some one has an idea 

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello sbella, I really hope that New Posts and My Threads does return, because I don't wantmy email full of forum emails, I know I can turn this off, but this is where the old forum was better.

All we wanted was to be notified if someone has replied to you, because if they had and you didn't know then imagine how this person must have felt if you hadn't replied back to them.

Those that post or who reply need to find the forums 'user friendly', not complicated and not be afraid to express how much they are struggling.

I hope that a step backwards does happen.

Geoff.