FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

No hope this week

Mares73
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all

i think I was about to go for my appt to see the Acute Team Pysch when I past wrote. He turned out to be yeRs young & arrogant. I think I was more self aware than he was used to so he tried to criticise the meds I'm on but then saying he can't sdp, change or recommend anything-as long as I went suicidal he was going to ph & refer me bk to my own private pysch. I was supposed to see her last Thursday but I hadn't slept for 41 hours & I couldn't go-I couldn't think straight & I knew I needed to be able to lake things in when I saw her. So now I have appt for mon 10 Feb but cancellations usually come up so I should see her this week. Several people have said just to stop taking the stimulant med as it's been a drastic decline last 2 wks. This wkend meant to be going down coast to stay for my husbands friends wedding. But as I keep telling him I'm not in a state to go to a wedding with no one I know & I'm not even looking forward to going away as home is my safety net comfort zone. My mind & thoughts are scattered, I can't concentrate or remember things. Even my mum is saying I don't talk like me-I'm unclear, finding communication difficult. She is concerned at my mental state as she's never seen me so unwell. She says to just tell my husband I can't go-he can still go, but he'd be so mad at me. I'm just feeling alone & had hoped to have advice/changes by now. But I may try lower dosages of the stimulant because someone like me who is generally always anxious-what benefit for me is there in taking a stimulant. Anxious, down, lost & feeling it's all too overwhelming. Anyway to sum up I feel awful. Exhausted beyond words. So my dear friends I'm wondering how you all are & I carry you in my heart. Lve Mares x

24 Replies 24

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Mary I'm so sorry to hear your public psych experience didn't go so well. I'm a bit worried that he didn't seem to grasp the seriousness of your situation... did I read this right, he said that you weren't suicidal so he referred you back to your private psych? But the whole reason you were referred to him in the first place was because you were suicidal? Did you talk about being admitted to hospital? You're probably too tired to answer these questions right now but I'm glad to hear you've been in touch with your mum. Is there any way she can help out for the time being? And god yes, please don't go to the wedding. I hope you can get some sleep and talk to us when you can. 

Chris D
Community Member
Hi Mary,
I was reading your post and for you to say your home is your safety net that tells me you feel safe there, you are right if you don't think your up to going to a wedding i would adrvice you not to go. You have to look after yourself, at least you can realise you feel safe on your home which is very good to hear.
I Believe in you Mary, i have Faith in you Mary i know you will make it.
It will be ok i'm here for you, if you need a helping hand i'll be there for you.
Kind Regards
Chris

Neil_1
Community Member

Oh Maresy  

I am feeling so bad for you … and that’s not supposed to make you feel worse … it’s just that this rough phase that you’re in seems to be getting rougher. 

What an arrogant little sh*t, that acute team psych was.  I know you don’t feel up to it, but jerks like that in those kinds of roles should be reported.  

I can so tell you’re in an awful place … this post shows that … you seem just worn out, exhausted, stressed to the max and yes, all of that and more.   Is there any chance your mum could come and stay with you for a little while?  Someone to give you support and care in your home?  

Mares, it’s your husband’s friends wedding … so your husband can go.  I’m sorry that’s all I can advise on that.  I can’t offer anything about not making him mad, but if he does, then that’s his problem.  It’s not yours.  You’ve got your OWN welfare to have priority.  This is the key.  

Did you speak to another member of the Acute Team regarding that other psych?  Is there another option/possibility of someone else coming to help you?  Surely there’s got to be … this is very serious Mares.  

And please please, don’t worry about any of us … we’re battling away, but you are the priority here.  

My thoughts are with you  

Neil

Mares73
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Neil r u still here 12.45pm??

Katy100
Community Member

Mary, I'm around if you want to talk ... 

Neil_1
Community Member

Mares,

Katy and I are both here ...

What's up????

Neil

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Mares,

Please drop us a note on here and talk if you'd like to speak to other members, and if this is too much for you right now give our support service a call on 1300 22 4636. 

It can be difficult on a forum like this when people aren't always logged in at the same time to get to chat to someone straightaway, so please give our support service a call if things are getting overwhelming for you.  It sounds like you've been through a very stressful 24 hours and immediate help is available if you need it via the support service.

Neil_1
Community Member

Hey Maresy,

When you're able to, it'd be awesome to hear from you ... just a quick one to say "hi and i'm ok";   just something simple.

You've got a helluva lot of supporters and people who care so much for you Mary.

Please take care.

And please please, as Christopher has suggested, call the 1300 22 4636 number.  I hope you may have done that already.

We're all thinking of you.

Neil

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Mares,

I just want to say that I am, as well as everyone else, are here for you. Anytime you want to come on and chat.  Pls remember we care so much about you, you are in a bad place at the moment. 

You need the support, love and advice.

Thinking of you and hope you will be okay tonight,

Jo xxx