FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

l can not stand what the world is becoming

Guest_1584
Community Member

Change change, update update, learn this be that, gdp's and countries becoming so inter tangled , cultures lost and as if Australia needed to lose what tiny culture it did have? The internet/computers/smart phones, l just hate what it's doing to the world, lives ,our young, just so wrong our minds and blown stress is higher than ever in history, so damn depressing and never ending. BB has changed, Ebay l use for work never endingly, every time l go to run ads l have to learn whatever latest bs changes they've made since. My trading site one of the best l'd found, they've completely ruined, it's not even customizable anymore.

It's taken 6mth to hack my own new computer and ways to stop never ending updates - you normally can't turn of, yet they suck up your data , computers stops whenever it feels like it middle of anything fitting updates. Yeah you can at least set a time- just more bs. Not to mention important stuff just lost bc of updating.

And BB , sorry but what on earth possessed them to do whatever they';ve done to this place, it's unusable to me now. Not to mention  3cam band at top now using valuable screen space with nothing in it that couldn't be set on a1cm high line instead of taking up 3cm of your screen, the word counts stuffed, threads are ridiculously set out.

The insanity of changes all these places make- out of pure boredom l'm sure, ANY of them touch anything, l've seen so many sites just ruined.

Thank the Gods we've at least got a new Gov now with at least some soul and undoing and bringing in sooooo many things our country's been so desperate for so long yet had been rail roaded into putting up with the last 10yrs.

Maybe the materialism mentality with all polished up brand new everything and shallow life it's become here will find some soul again, so many things.

So much about the world now. Gdp's,wars, competing, climate,internets and never ending new gadgets and change and updates, monstar insane mortgages,costs of living- learn this manage that cope with this get with the program, talk about "the human condition" There it all is right there.

rx

16 Replies 16

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Randomx~

Do you mind if I say you sound stressed? I'm wondering if it is a camel's back sort of situation and some recent happening has made all your frustrations spill out.

I'm not going to argue with you about most of what you say, it has a fair number of points after all  but would like to mention that despite all there downsides there have been advantages. I can get a toothache fixed, read as much as I want and so much more.

You have an agile mind and can think up more that I can I'm sure

One modern advantage is this Forum, no matter how difficulat it may be at the moment it gives people like you the chance to write reasoned and caring responses to people in need all over the country.

That is no small thing

Croix

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hi croix , and thx for that.

l don't wanna discourage people that do find good in it all many do but sadly l see the big picture and outcomes, have 20yrs and where it's all going, ignorance would be so bliss .

Thanks for asking but nope nothing out of ordinary just the typical stress all this modernism pointlessly puts us into for one and for just existing. Phones and computers alone as mentioned, stress the hell out of me. My phones 5yrs old and l'm still needing to find or make new hacks to stop the latest crap or scam , My god, last few mths l've been getting often 20 scam calls a day sometimes.

Just block them they say- yeah, right. guess what- that takes 5 different clicks in different places on my phone to do properly. l've probably done all those  2 or 300 times just in the last mth.Sometimes 8 or 10 times in a row, 3 or 4 times a day.

l mean wth are we doing living this rubbish.? , it's maddening.

So yeah , the gadgets alone, as handy as they are in many ways ! Phones alone, gonna but the dumbest ph on the market when this one does give it up l can tell you.

The world , our country , everything going all over and so many other countries. The smartest ones imo are just existing and not getting involved in anything.

l dunno , there's just so many things , it's just sad, yet the world seems to love it and just keeps on pushing it all and yet none of it, has even begun- could you imagine in 50yrs time from here. l feel so sad for the kids most of all.

rx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello RX, I don't have any disagreement with you at all, there is so much going on at the moment, that we fear for our grandkids, just as our grandparents did for us years ago, however, the world is in such disarray with the cost of living outpricing us all, domination from countries who have ridiculous wants and even governments who change their policies because of an upcoming election.

Over 20 years BB has changed so much, people coming and going and decisions made which not everybody does agree with and I must say that neither am I too happy about the new forums, and if I'm allowed to say it does seem to be much quieter than the old forums, that's just my observation, but we don't want people to leave, we need them to ask for help.

May be a prototype should have been given to those who have been on the forums for a long time to get their reaction because what people are missing is 'New Threads' and My Threads' and show a list of 20 or so posts.

My heart opens to those who may have left and hope we can get them back and for those struggling with life finances I hope the pendulum changes soon.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Fiatlux
Community Member

Hi rx,

Where do I start... The ever changing World! We have been sucked up into this amazing yet frightening World. As I write to you, I received a call from a "scammer" telling me that I have had suspicious activity on my banking accounts. I answer all his questions directly and politely all the while knowing that it's a scam phone call. He ends the call by hanging up... The constant updates to online banking, government agencies etc. are supposed to keep us safer. It's absolutely frustrating that we have to deal with this.

I worked in IT in the mid 80's early 90's and the dial up modem was a revolution. The online web was just about to take off and revolutionize the way we live... It is true.

If I can Quote the late and great David Bowie from 1999, “The potential of what the Internet is going to do to society, both good and bad, is unimaginable,” 

Rx, take care and don't worry too too much just yet... We still don't have flying cars 😉

Thanks FL and Bowie, not wrong. Trying yo tone back as much as poss - or they'll let you, l just dk how we're boxed in. Bought my gf a new ph the other wk , the simplest one l could find, couldn't even get into it. She's interstate l said will l do with it she says if you can't get into it l've got no hope send it back.

Went into my gov they say ohhhh great.,,, they're gonna update , A bloody GAIN, they just finished wrecking it now what you use to do on 1 or 2 pages is 6 or 7, surprise, when they wreck it again those will be 10 pages next.

l just mean WHY, yaknow.

Could go on and on about all this smart rubbish alone,,, but there's "so much more" , and what is mr money bags Elon gonna do with his AI, l dread the thought, even he says it is scary ah and if humanity doesn't use it right it'll ruin the world well, as if they'll use it right.  We'll be getting told what to do by Robots soon well, already are with computers phones and calls now and everyone keeping tabs on us.

l noticed lately even Jacinda - NZ pm , was os and Grand standing, just sad. One thing l'd always admired about NZ was them keeping to themselves, didn't seem to wanna compete or be mixed up with our recent pm's or involved in what they drag us into, now she's beginning to do it.

There's just so many things and angles , this thread could go 50 pages. Even the news, watched it first time in 2wks last night, the first 25mins was well , it started with well football- of course, so important,yeppa, but then went on to all the crimes and deaths we'd had for the day for the next 20mins.

l just wanna dumb down so much , so badly, l don't wanna be involved in any of it any more.  l do enjoy a little pc and forum stuff , if l can shut the damn computer up, and you've gotta have a ph , but ldk how to get free of the rubbish, but l'll find away bc l'm not living like this any longer. News , things going on round the world, sorry, can't cope with it anymore.

Just wanna live in blissful ignorance and be left alone, as minimalist as poss. 

At least this pm - those guys, aren't usually as interested in throwing us alli nto the so called world damn spotlight like the other guys..

Imagine , you were in IT yet at the end of the tether , just goes to show eh.

rx

Guest_1584
Community Member

Gday Geoff and thanks for that.

That's sad to hear , such an important service and place for so many. l'm afraid l'll be among them , got a horizontal type screen and l'm dyslexic it's all hard enough but now, half the screen is lost with rubbish, l can't even see it.

Admire the hell out of you awhile back you were doing some pc stuff, think it was win 11 or a new pc or something, l dunno how really took my hat of to you my friend.

l've got all that hacked and blocked on this one now finally, wasted more time and stress shutting this thing up than in life itself, how crazy is that.

You aren't wrong about the world and l mean l don't wanna be uncaring but for me it's just getting all too much and for my own MH and sanity , l need to start blocking it all out , there's just so much going on and increasing every day, just bloody sad.

So our GP use to worry about us eh , and here we are, reckon it's scarier than it's ever been coming up for our kids. And how are they even gonna buy a house, the most basic of basics, let alone cope with the world and life.

rx

Hi rx

Agree with you, the world is definitely more triggering than ever. There used to be so many simple ways of retreating or relaxing. They were so sensory based too. With a book, for example, you could see it, touch each individual page as you turned them, and simply smell how wonderful books can smell at times when you first buy them. I've trained my kids well. First thing they do when they open a new book is smell the pages. I love books so much. Then there were the drive-ins, with one never too far away. The meeting places for joy and relaxation. Sounds funny but even Mr Gelati is in a rush these days. Can recall how slowly those vans would go up and down the street, giving us enough time to harass our mum into giving us some coins for a treat. Now, I don't even try for my purse, as he's gone almost in the blink of an eye.

I think it's good to have examples of people in our life who can easily return to what's simple, reminding us of how joyful simplicity can be, how joyful the old ways can be. My 17yo son loves vinyl records, loves kicking back in nature (especially the ocean), has as little to do with mobile phones as he possibly can, feels no need at all to connect to social media and actually enjoys being the 'odd one out' from most people. He's a bit of an old soul kind of guy and I love him for it.

I recall someone once saying something along the lines of 'Major social shifts become inevitable for the more intolerable life becomes, the more it pushes people to demand change, for the better'. With so many facing depression and anxiety these days, it is so telling. When the world is tolerating and suffering through a lot of what's depressing and stressful, you can feel change on the horizon. With too many broken or unaffordable systems in place and too many overly complex or work heavy demands, I think most of us can feel what 'intolerable' feels like. I praise those who work hard on changing things for the better as they lead us to return to what we most long for in life. Among those things...simplicity, relief, function and a greater sense of connection to life itself (where we can feel joy instead of stress).

ps , not to discourage anyone that doesn't have these things around them , even a small balcony can be turned into your own little forest or a corner of the lounge. The streets, parks , beach , so important to step away now more than ever.

rx

Hello RX, thanks for your comments, my friend.

Geoff.

Life Member.