FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How do I want to get better

Baileybasil
Community Member

All I want to do is waste away and avoid everything I’m afraid of. I’m too anxious to see my friends and family, to talk to a professional in any way, too depressed to get out of bed and make any changes.

even something as simple as practicing mindfulness is impossible for me because I stop myself.

how do I find drive to make any step forward?

58 Replies 58

Dear Baileybasil,

We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear this is how you are feeling. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming . We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. 

Our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we're worried about you. 
We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Keep checking back in with us whenever you feel up to it

Hi again Baileybasil,

I’m so sorry that everything in life is so difficult for you at the moment....

It’s okay that you didn’t try even one thing that people have been suggesting in this thread. Sometimes for some people finding the motivation - or escaping the anxiety - seems impossible... I still think that you’re worthwhile though, and that you could make your life better.

What do you think of yourself?

There isn’t any help

I hate myself

Hey Baileybasil,

Thanks for reaching out tonight and being so open and honest about how you're feeling with the community. We're so sorry to hear that you're feeling a negative sense of self-worth, but please know that we think you are such a strong and proactive person in reaching out here for support. We understand how difficult this can be when you're feeling so low, and please know that support is always here for you, from both our caring members of the forums, and additonal services that you can reach out to 24/7. We are also currently reaching out to you privately with some extra support tonight.

We think it would really help to get in touch with our kind friends at Kids Helpline, who are available to you 24/7 whenever you're wanting to talk things through. You can reach out via phone (1800 55 1800) or also through their webchat here: www.kidshelpline.com.au/get-help/webchat-counselling/ We would also really encourage you to get in touch with our friennds at Lifeline. Lifeline understand what it’s like to feel this way, and are here to listen and help you. They available anytime on 13 11 14 or you can visit their website for online chat.

We hope that you keep in touch with our communtiy and continue to update us, so that our wonderful members can continue to offer their thoughtful and helpful words of advice and support.

Hi Baileybasil,

I can only imagine how you have been feeling...

Why do you hate yourself?

Because I’m a loser who’s never achieved anything and who can’t even have a conversation with a stranger without freaking out about it. I don’t want to get better I want to be gone

Hey Bailey, 

Thanks for posting this afternoon. We're sorry to hear you feel like a loser who's never achieved anything. What has caused you to feel this way? 

Our support service is checking in with you via private reply to offer some extra support.  If you need to chat at any time, you are always welcome to get in touch with Kids Help Line. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under. 

Thank you again for reaching out.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Baileybasil...

I can resonate how it’s hard to talk to strangers..I seem to well kind of freak out as well...I avoid strangers as much as I can, don’t talk to them if I can help it...it really is hard and I’m sorry your going through this....My counsellor told me once that yes they are strangers the first even 2nd time you meet them...but eventually they become acquaintances, with the possibility of friendship developing....When I started my volunteer job...the other 3 ladies were strangers, now after being their for 5 years they have become friends...not close friends..but people I’m now comfortable talking with....

I don’t know your age..I am 65 years old and haven’t achieved very much in life, except for how to care for myself...I have no experience in anything, other then working in the same factory for many years....

You have achieved a lot by reaching out here for help..That is a really good first step, which shows me that deep down in your soul...you do want to be helped...but your brain and thoughts are fighting with your soul....and believe me it’s hard to win a fight with yourself....

Do you have a pet or something that you like doing..playing internet games or some type of hobby...How about music?

Its okay if you don’t want to answer my questions..there is no pressure at all to do so....It’s just I feel your frustration in life and only want to try to support and help you...

Talk here Baileybasil...maybe we are strangers and not face to face talking.... I do believe that here does help, here is a great start to get support to start talking little baby steps forward....

My kindest thoughts dear Baileybasil..

Grandy..

I don’t like doing anything anymore. I’m afraid of life and I have to move and get a job in a month when I can’t even force myself to get out of bed. There is nothing I look forward to when I wake up, all I feel is disappointment