FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pinned discussions

The BB cafe

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

The BB cafe is open for business!
Welcome all to a new chill and chat place for everyone on the forum.

The BB cafe is whatever you want it to be. There are comfy sofas, tables and chairs, coffee machines, a kitchen stocked with everything. There's a pool outside, a bbq area, an annexe with comfy beds for a quiet sleep, tv, dvd, books and whatever else you would like to have here.

Most of all, it's a place to meet friends and fellow travellers for a bit of company. Talk over problems, tell jokes, share your day, escape into a world of your making. Grab a coffee and pull up a chair ... 

So, with a nod to the wonderful Carole King (Hard Rock Cafe) ...

Now if you're feeling just a little bit lonely
Don't sit at home just mopin'
Come on down to where the friendship flows freely
You know the door is always open

At the BB cafe
Come to the BB cafe
They will help keep your blues at bay
At the BB cafe

Important Message from ModSupport: 
The main intention of the BB Cafe is to encourage light conversation. Please look after your fellow community members by nuturing the BB Cafe as a place to escape some of the more pressing issues in life and save those conversations for personal threads. 

20,504 Replies 20,504

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have a purple teddy bear, my second, actually. Not weighted, but sometimes, when feeling low, I will feel comfort when cuddling it , having my teey bear to have a winge & moan to - it don't mind at all, then a cuddle, maybe a cry. It's all good, making things feel better in this way.

For myself, I don't need it to be weighted. Weighted blankets are not for me either, but something I've heard about here on BB, which do help some people, too.

For me, cuddling my bear is far better than reaching for comfort food or going back to alcohol.

When I could, cuddling my Mekitty was really good, too, though she did offer her opinion about such close contact as being 'too much', so I learned to respect her space. Sometimes, a couple minutes was just enough to help me through a rough moment -  just what I needed.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

mmMekitty, 

Oh yes, my cats are much the same. Affection on their terms, pretty much.

Hugging a teddy bear sounds comforting. And you're right, a far better substitute than unhealthy coping mechanisms. There are all sorts of ways to bring yourself comfort if you're not feeling great, and plush toys, although they may be considered a little taboo to still have in adulthood, are actually really good for comfort. 

SB

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Absolutely agree, SB.

I also like polar fleece blankets, dressing gown, & when very, very cold I now have a big fluffy rainbow coloured hoodie, which I also find feels very comforting.

If I had a bathtub, I'd be taking bubble baths, too.

There is always soothing & gentle music to listen to....

or doing things such as drawing, now I have a big whiteboard on my fridge, I can draw pics to please myself. Drawing was a way I could also 'zone out' a while & so it was something of a comfort for me, too. I am glad I got the idea of having a whiteboard on my fridge for quickly jotting things I want when next shopping. I realised I can also use it for drawing. Now I want some more colours!

So, I can't see exactly where I am applying the colours; that doesn't matter a fig, does it? My reason & intention are quite enough.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Everyone 

I hope you all have a super Happy Easter!!!

It is wonderful to have so many caring members (and readers) on this national mental health initiative.

Peace and Hugs always

Paul

Hello Paul & everyone

Hope you are all having a happy & relaxed long weekend, whether you celebrate Easter or not,

Me? I just like the chocolate chip hot cross buns, which have been available from January this year, but will soon disappear.... Why not have chocolate chip buns all year round?

Hugzies 🐣

mmMekitty

mmMekitty, chocolate chip hot cross buns are amazing. I noticed you've changed your profile picture too, I like it!

I've been snacking on a Lindt chocolate bunny all day, I spent the morning at the beach which was lovely. 

What's everyone else been up to this weekend?

SB

Hi BB Cafe Friends,

It’s April 1st and I haven’t had a hot cross bun since the last time my son bought some iced vovo ones, a gimmick from Coles and they weren’t great. I just wanted 1 really good one, toasted with butter, but as I order all my groceries, I didn’t want to get a pack of six as I end up eating them all and then feel unwell due to the gluten in them. 

As for chocolate or Easter eggs, I have had a quarter of a smallish egg, filled with Black Forest cake. It’s a little bit too sweet so I’m going to eat it sparingly.

This Easter I have spent it alone and I have been catching up on some reading and house work.

Enjoy what’s left of the weekend. Fiatlux 

Hello everyone…..🤗..

Ive been having internet and iPad problems the past few weeks,  not sure which is to blame…it’s been so frustrating….😖….and annoying 😢

While my internet is working I want to call in and wish you a Happy Easter…(bit late though)…so I’ll rephrase that to I hope you all had a Happy Easter…I kind of missed out on any Easter eggs, and those yummy choc chip hot cross buns….That means next year I can have double the amount😁..

Hello Paul, it’s so nice to see you here…thank you and I hope you had a lovely Easter…

I was so relieved when I read about cuddling teddy bears (soft plush toys) …for comfort, I also do that with my fluffy elephant….I’ve had for lots of years now…The secrets that Ella Elephant knows about me would be disastrous if she could talk…

I hope everyone had a great long weekend….I know I liked not working Sat and today…for me it’s back to work again tomorrow…

Love, hugs and care e everyone…❤️🤗🦋.

Grandy..

Hello everyone

SB, the temporary avatar is Bronion's flower stalk... I wanted to show it long ago but it couldn't be uploaded until this latest site upgrade. It was still in the system, so now you have seen the photo I took. 😹 Soon, my original avatar pic of Mekitty will be back.

While I don't think the hot cross buns were up to previous standards, I did enjoy those from Coles, but theose from Woolies were awful. To not eat them all at once, I froze them & would put one in the microwave for a couple minutes. I still think I am eating them too fast.

Love the idea of a Black Forest Cake filled Easter Egg, Fiatlux 😸

Hi Grandy. We will make sure there are plenty of Easter Eggs next year. I'll hide them around the BB Cafe for everyone to find. 😺 I know the frustration of internet/computer problems. I hope you are able to sort that out soon.

& today is another April Fools' Day anniversary of the day I quit smoking in 1995. I remembered about it Friday, Saturday & yesterday, then forgot today, until this evening. 😼 It's marvelous thinking of how much money I have NOT spent on cigarettes, & thinking of what my physical health might be like today if I had not quit when I did. People could give them away for free & I wouldn't want them, now.

Hugzies everyone

mmMekitty

Null
Community Member

Hey guys! New here, what are yall's names? The name's Null, nice to meet you guys!