FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,088 Replies 2,088

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi EM, 😺how good to see you here. 

the band could always do with a new member. 

There are just about all instruments you can imagine, as well as any you invent.

What would you like to play? I have a newly built Xylocordian here. Would you like to give that a twist & snap those strings, see if you like it. Hehe, that's an instrument to really give the player a workout, & it's loud enough to compete with the brass section, without actually making them redundant.

Soon it will be spring & the singers will be able to open their mouths without fearing icicles growing on their tonsils. 😹Won't that be nice, Croix?

You'll be able to bellow at us too... while pumping the bellows on the pipe organ I've been secretly installing in the basement. It's a bit of an ice box down there, but I'd expected nothing less, from an iceberg.

I've got the perfect plants for the spring garden - can you guess?

Iceberg lettuce! BB Cafe will certainly appreciate them. If not, there's the penguins' bowling alley.

😹Ah, EM, your presence has inspired me! 

💖💖💖💖

mmMekitty

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Kitty, Croix, Grandy, Moonstruck and any other beautiful people and animals in Croix's musical ZOO. lol. 

No.
I will play Hang Drums OR the Harp thankyou! 
Whenever I need to "come down" from anxiety or a stressful day I ALWAYS listen to and WATCH Hang Drum Massive "Once Again" and "The Secret Kissing of the Sun and the Moon".... calms just about every nerve in my body. 

The nature scenes in Once Again are so calming. 
The scenery in Kissing is breath taking. Takes me to Tibet I think! Lol. 
Seeing the colourful Buddha there standing SO tall is AWESOME. 
I got another Resting Buddha for my birthday and he'll have his own place in my garden tomorrow. 
Makes me smile. 

Crikeys no pipe organs please! hahahaha. 

Iceberg Lettuce!!! HAHAHAHA. People will chase you down for those! My kids are getting abused at work because there's no lettuce omg. Ppl with nothing worse to concern themselves with. Cheeses. 

I'm listening to Hang Drum Massive to recover from the thoughts of those discordant instrument suggestions lol. 

SO glad my ZOO talk inspired you lol. 

LOVE EM!! 

hi all. sorry i haven't been on the forums much let alone this thread. i did read what was said about Heartbeat & stuff like that though. has anyone been watching it on Wednesday nights, 7:30pm, on 7TWO?

Hello tealflowers, Croix & all,

Good to know the show is on somewhere. 😸I haven't seen it because I have not bothered to retune my tele so I could have all the channel 7 channels back from wherever they went.

💖💖💖💖

mmMekitty

Dear Tayla,

Nice to see you again, I've not had a chance to look at much TV 😞 so can you tell me how far they are up to in Heartbeat? I had a chance to buy the first 7 series on DVD but a gnat's whisker too expensive, even second hand:(

Croix

hi mmMekitty & Croix. series 1 episode 7 is the next episode on Wednesday night on 7TWO. i have all of the DVDs. i'm up to series 9 episode 2 myself. i won't spoil anything. i just started watching it because of Derek, being a fan of his (he plays Oscar in the show). some funny & cute moments in the show aswell as drama. it's like a period police drama. filmed from 1992-2009/2010, but based in the 1960s. lots of nice cars & 60s music in it too. 

Dear Tayla~

"... lots of nice cars ..."

Actually the transport I like best is Nick's motor bike, a 1961 Francis Barnett Falcon 198 fitted out for police with radio too. It reminds me very much of my first bike though that was Japanese. Unlike Nick's it did have a starter motor (sheer luxury by gum)

Still neither would have been much fun in the winter.

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix....last time I watched the latest runs of Heartbeat it was still at the beginning...the older Dr had just asked Kate to be a partner in his practice after a few disagreements about her advice to young girls re contraception etc...still such a long way to go.   Great show isn't it?    Love Moonstruck x

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

How very good to see you out and about, I've not come across you around much recently, but that could be because I'm still feelng my way around on the new Forum and not getting to as many places as I used to.

OW said “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.” and with my uncertainties of navigation I guess the Forum must be exceedingly romantic🤔

I guess I'm sorry I did not buy that box set of Heartbeat, however it far exceeded the budget, maybe I'll see another cheaper one sometime. That old time community policing looked v attractive, though I suppose in real life it would have had its problems like everything else.

So how have you been? Still doing a bit of work and keeping up the bowling?

It has been going between very cold and very wet outside recently and I've been spending more and more time beside the fire. I did brave the element wiht Mrs C and go to see "Where the Crawdads Sing" which was really excellent.

Have you seen anything recently?

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Dear Croix....it was/is a miracle that I found my way to your RECENT discussions...I thought you may fall over in shock.   SOOOooo much has happened because I had totally given up on Forum.  I found/still do as yet...it very confronting and impossible to navigate.   My main problem was finding the most RECENT posts and discussions..as they all went right back years and years ago.   Let's hope I can find and talk to more of my old friends.  I miss it all so much.   Yes still bowling...lacking in confidence last time recently...as had some "old person" pains and bit of loss of balance...apparently it wasn't as obvious as I imagined and I received great accolades and was happy with myself too...the old girl's still got it!...well this was just an amazing Hello to you and I was so very surprised that I even got this far....fingers crossed I can keep going with Forum...thanks for your help.....Moon S

Oh yes, you asked me if I had seen anything...absolutely LOVE Ricky Gervais in After Life....he wrote and directed it...about a man whose wife dies.....and it's brilliant!!!   You MUST see it...on Netflix.