FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,100 Replies 2,100

Hello Moon,

I agree, good to see you found your way here. Did you 'Follow' Using the Options near the top of the page), this Discussion? Or try using the 'support'. near the little heart uner each post. Click/tap the word 'Support' under Croix'slatest post, when you come by. Then check the Notifications at the top of the page, by clicking/tapping there next to your avatar picture, when you see a number pop up.

I just check sometimes, just in case I missed one earlier, because the number vanishes when clicked/tapped, until a new Notification comes in for you.

Is the bowling ten pin or lawn? If it's ten pin, I only ever once got a strike, completely by my own accident, my poor balance & very nearly landing on the floor in the moment I bowled the ball. Hmmm, as I recall, it was great fun, with people who didn't take it too seriously. Maybe I ought to try that again? I might bowl a strike for the neighbouring team. 😺

I really hope we can help you to stay with the Forums, you know, as you would like, of-course. Maybe you would stay if only to support Croix to bannish or prohibit penguins... "oh but they are so cute", I cry.  

Warmly,

💖💖💖

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Well there was really no need to tell me your bowling was a success, after all once you said you got the  opportunity it was a foregone conclusion. Our own internal sensations most often aren't obvious to others, just as well I guess (at least in my case)

Look, if there is a particular thread (now called a 'Topic')you want to find the latest post let me know the name of the thread here in Croix Parler and I'll go to it and find the latest post and put a link to it here.

If it is a person instead - same deal.

Would that help?

Croix (who a bit uncertain about a series featuring a widower)

Moonstruck
Community Member

I understand Croix. It did cross my mind..sorry if insensitive of me. This quirky Gervais series I could relate to..he is obviously a deep compassionate thinker and understands the complex human condition. As you know I recently lost my partner..this maybe why I love his work in this one so much. The backstory 're his dog in the series is also heartwarming. He supports passionately the cause of rescue dogs etc.   Stay well..xx

Thank you mmMekitty.....can't tell you how I actually found a way through the maze.  sorry but just so confused at the time, I can't even remember which one on Croix' list of suggestions actually set me in the right direction.  I am still lost and taking much longer to get through to people.....just glad to have made this slow progress.  You seem very proficient at it.

I have a confession to make to you I'm afraid.  "bowling" is actually a"pen name"  for my actual activity, which Croix, wily old walrus that he is...seemed to figure out for himself some time back, just what I was doing.  I was and still am a bit scared that if I wrote exactly what I do, if any of my acquaintances, or friends, or whatever are reading my threads they may guess it's me..and anonymity is so important.   So I am being a bit secretive when I refer to my "bowling".....I do apologise, but terrified of anyone guessing who I am....aaargh!!  

sorry mmMekitty...I hope you understand.  How Croix figured it out I am not sure.  But I am pretty sure he has it right!!

Completely understood, Moon, no more need be explained or revealed. 

Still, I don't mind relating my sporting ineptness. 😺 I thought it was hilarious even at the time.

Playing snooker or pool, now I can't see the other end of the table, let alone the holes or angles, but I do enjoy hitting the balls everywhere! The only thing that worries me is if I was to angle the cue so low it would tear the felt when I want to strike the cue ball. So I say to myself, "mmMekitty, don't get over-excited, check where the tip is pointing..." 😺

Nest time, take notes of each step you take, & if you suceed, you can follow your own footprints. ? Maybe that could help? 

Warmly

mmMekitty

Moonstruck
i found you ,! Good to see you. I imagine you in white clothes and sensible shoes or do you mean ten pin,!!
I see Croix as a a walrus or at least dresses as a person in a walrus suit and mekitty  has a cat suit.

Quirky, cat suit? Catsuit! Where does it open up? I can't find a zipper or velcro anywhere! Oh, dear Quirky, it hurts to try, so please let me stay a pretty little/big red cat 😾 ... I will retract my claws sometimes, promise.

& look at Croix, noting my shonky tusk repair work, & the small patches where I managed to remove a few whiskers, & well, he became most irate...  & note the flippers, bigger than seals have, & songer, too, from chasing penguins & sweeping them off the iceberg, down the slippery dip, into the sea.

Not mention all the Kiwis. Such cute birds, it's a shame they misbehave too much for Croix. Personally, I like them as much as I like the penguins.

Sorry, Quirky, maybe you still can't see the whole page of posts, so, from what Moon said, what Moon was referring to is not something Moon is willing to share.

We all can talk about other things... maybe my way of avoiding participating in sport at school would interest you, or someone else?

I was afraid of the metal bar used for high jump, so the teacher lowered it nearly to my knees. Still afraid, I slid, feet first, on my back, under it.

Playing Hockey, in grade 8, & learning German then, too, I had two rules for myself. If the ball came near, #1: Jump the ball & #2: Keep counting in German.

Warmly,

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moonstruck~

Your secret is safe with me, I'd never dream of revealing you are "Croûton Musk" (a thinly disguised anagram of guess who) the famous billionaire heiress to the biscuit perfume fortune.

Quirky~

I am indeed a walrus as you suspected, in fact the likeness to my avatar is quite uncanny, though occasionally I do exchange my coat for a quilted smoking jacket and sit in a wing-back chair to present "Monsterpiece Theater" under my nom-de-plume Alistair Cookie.

mmMeKitty~

My favorite all-time spectator sport was Pot Black, from the 'Black and White Rag' which was the theme tune to the quiet, understated and thoughtful commentary by Alan Weeks. Nothing would interest me more than seeing what happened after Eddie Charlton deliberately left the cue-ball in a totally  inaccessible position to confound his opponent.

It's no wonder you were never invited to play, your unconventional moves would have quite put them off their game:)

Croix

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone. 😺

Croix, I remember watching Pot Black, not the specific match, but yeah, Eddie for sure, & how the commentator had to describe where each coloured ball was to viewers who had black & white teles. 

I also enjoyed watching lawn bowls, too & I see some parallels between snooker & lawn bowls, in how players endeavour to snooker in lawn bowls, taking careful aim, thinking how to make their bowl curve so much to finish up precisely where it will be most advantageous. I've seen some very strategic bowling! (That was long ago now, & the commentator could present hand-drawn lines, arrows, to show what the bowler might most likely try to do. I enjoyed that they explained so much for people like me just gaining our knowledge about it, & most of all, how respectful & friendly players were to each other in their own team & towards those of other teams. I never once saw a 'tennis tantrum'.

Lovely day out here again, really good for outdoor activities, (except way too glary for me).

💖💖💖💖 & ...

"please"? 🐧 Polly Penguin pipes up, profferrring a Perch (🐟, perfectly prepared for the pan.... 

Warmly

mmMekitty with more 🍮&🎂🎶😺(I only like the perfume of biscuits -  how it 'just happens', is all I care about. 🍪Yum! I think Alistair Cookie will agree.

hi all.

Croix, your post regarding Derek, yes he does look unrecognisable. i thought he was quite attractive. it will be the 8th episode of series 1 on Wednesday, of Heartbeat. i can't remember what happened in the episodes so it's good to watch them again.