FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,085 Replies 2,085

RunGirl
Community Member
Everyone loves a cookie monster or Muppet version.....

RunGirl
Community Member

By the way Moon, Diamonds and Rust gets me every time, paired with those classic photos of Joan and Bob dylan together duringtheir heyday. So much heartbreaking love, on her part at least

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear RG et al.~

Everyone loves a cookie monster or Muppet version

I'm not sure Statler and Waldorf do :[

-C

RunGirl
Community Member

For something different try Roger Whitaker's Mexican Whistler. All oral whistling and BRILLIANT. Another favourite is Neil Diamonds "Suzanne"

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear RG et al.~

Yes, Roger's Mexican Whistler is excellent, I was not as keen on on his Elizabethan Serenade as I thought he introduces too many extra' twiddly bits' starting many of the phrases. He is most accomplished.

Scott Joplin « The entertainer », Derek SÉBASTIAN (siffle) is an example of a very clean version of a tune with virtually no improvisation.

Neil Diamonds "Suzanne" reminds me of something, the rich male American voice, but it escapes me. I had the misfortune to have to sit though Jonathan Livingstone Seagull when it first came out at the movies, it's taken me a very long time to to look favorably on Mr Diamond as a result.

Croix

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Croix,

Just popping by to tell you I loved the snapshot memories. You were right happiness can be shared. I loved the echinda story and it helped a lot after a rough therapy session. So thank you.

Woah. I'm way over my head in here (sorry RG the only name that was familiar was when Croix mentioned the muppets 😊 otherwise I'd join the debate/discussion). Nice to meet you though.

Speaking of muppets... I love them! Possibly the child in me but I suspect it is avoiding emotional shows/films. Nothing better than a cheerful swedish chef making chocolate mousse by melting chocolate and smearing it on a MOOSE 😁. I am easily amused.

Seriously though how are you Croix. You've been helping everywhere as always but not a lot about how you are feeling.

❤ Nat.... lover of all things Muppets... And Jon Bellion.... He's releasing some older stuff on a new cd called Growth! Woohooo. I will be able to listen to Carry Your Throne! Arrrrgh. Ultimate craziness).

RunGirl
Community Member

heheheheheheheh.....nor Sam the American Eagle probably.....

RG

RunGirl
Community Member

Hi Quercus

The Muppet who sang it was the old scientist. It was so poignantly done that even at a very very early age it imbedded this song into my heart. Nice to meet you too. feel free to talk Muppets! Actually my first TV experience was the muppets as I am South Africa born and TV was banned for censorship reasons but we visited my uncle in England and got to see them there!!

cheers RunGirl

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear RG et al.~

I've a very soft spot for the Muppets so you are not alone Nat, from early Jim Henson and the Children's Television Workshop though to the latest movie. I guess my favorite would be The Muppet Christmas Carol with Michael Caine.

Actually they have a pretty impressive serious side dealing with topics form bereavement to HIV.

What was the song you were referring to with the Mad Scientist RG?

Croix

RunGirl
Community Member

Croix

The song was "Time in a bottle" which is actually quite heartbreaking in the Muppets version.....you might struggle through it but it's worth it.....otherwise the original by Jim Croce. 1973 I think.