FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

CHRISTMAS 2018/NEW YEARS Chillout Lounge

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey Everybody! Christmas is the time of year to enjoy & share with family & friends. Some people will spend this time alone & isolated too!
This is a safe place where people can post and say hello, chat or send wishes to others and have a 'Virtual Christmas/New Years'!
Whether you have plans for Christmas/New Years or having a quiet one you can kick back and just enjoy company of others. Its been a long year. Even if you have never posted on Beyond Blue before you are very welcome to come in and sit around our 'Virtual Christmas Tree' and chat 🙂
You asked for this Paul here it is for all.
Santa (AKA Kanga Peter) Ho Ho! 🙂
535 Replies 535

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

Paul has made an interesting comment, this thread will disappear soon as it is labelled Christmas and New Year.

For everyone who has found some kind of connection and a sense of community here, I am wondering if another thread could be started for those who want to continue on with this sense of belonging somewhere.

Maybe we could start a new thread and call it simply "The year 2018". Any thoughts on this? I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers from Dools

Here is a quote from "Power of Positivity"

Today I close the door to the past,

Open the door to the future,

Take a deep breathe,

Step on through and start a new chapter in my life.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

Dools you make a good point. I was thinking people could be redirected to the BB cafe but perhaps something more specific would be better.

CMF x

Hello MrsDools

You have always written great thread topics which have been active for a very long time

When I wrote the Christmas/New Years Chillout Lounge thread in November 2016 it was targeted at readers and members to post their thoughts about this time of year

I am over the moon that so many people have found some peace and a sense of belonging over the last two years.

Like you mentioned Dools it is only a seasonal thread.

Great quote from the Power of Positivity too 😀

I hope that you or someone can continue the same sense of community in a replacement thread until this one is back on line late this year. You always have great ideas!

Thankyou Dools for the heartfelt support you have given to so many people that find this time of year as difficult as I have

My Kindest Thanks

Paul

tim55
Community Member

Dear Doolhof,

Thank you for this post. It says everything I want to be able to do.

Unfortunately, catch on the door to my past, isn't able to deal with the enormity of the things I have done.

But one step at a time.......

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi tim55,

Do you have a thread of your own Tim where we can continue this discussion in some depth if you would like to?

I know it can be extremely difficult to close the door on our past! For me it has felt like I am on the verge of leaving the past behind, only to have all those demons and beasts come rushing up to the door I am trying to shut on them. I feel like I need a front end loader or an army tank there to help me shut the door!

Then we need to keep it shut! We need to smother ourselves in forgiveness and self love not self loathing, guilt and shame. Easier said than done.

We may never forget, but we can allow some forgiveness to creep in.

Hope this helps a little Tim! Those demons of memories can be brutal until we learnt o control them.

Cheers from Doolhof.