FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Thank you friend...

SubduedBlues
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

To my fellow BB Forum regulars...

Though it is not a frequent event, it does happen from time to time. One of us are deeply moved by another's insightfullness, sincerity, caring, and general selfless nature. Often it is okay to make mention of them directly on the thread where it happened, and sometimes doing so may seem a bit off topic... and therefore inappropriate to do so in that instance.

I think it is very important that we pay heed to those who have made a profound and lasting impression upon us. As in doing so, we help each other rise our heads above the doom and gloom of our problems, and for a moment in time, feel happy about ourselves once again. So I am starting this thread where we can give each other a pat on the back for a job well done.

And I start this day with a BIG thank you to my friend Paul (a.k.a. BlondGuy) for his comments on the "We all of talk of racisim..." thread. You have really made me feel like a welcome member of this community.

Anthony

24 Replies 24

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Anthony, thank you for starting this thread. I have had to build my resilience back from scratch and one of the ways that i am doing this is via gratitude.

I am so ever grateful of the friggin awesome people within this forum and have awesomeness running through their veins.

This is one thread that will get great attention - great idea and again thank you.

Cheers

Mark.

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Anthony

A lot of people do a lot of good on these forums. I have really started to get into it in the last 2 months. Since them I have seen lots of regulars who give great insight and advice. I think it is also good that we can vent to like minded people in a similar situation as our own.

There are lots of people I would like to shout out to. Too many in fact.

I want to thank everyone for all there help on here

Good thread Anthony. It isn't often regulars get such appreciation

Paul (blondguy) has been a major contributor to the forum this year. As we know with any forum commitment it takes determination to overcome the steep learning curve, backtrack when someone is offended by our comments and at all times juggling our own personal struggles. Paul has succeeded.

Your praise for him is a substantial gift to him.

I recall about 12 months ago a young lady wrote in and said that she had a post from me 18 months earlier that she'd pinned on her wall, that helped her in her start every day.

Such feedback is priceless but not an expectation.

Tony WK

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

............................(these dots mean that I am speechless)

Anthony, I have just read all the posts above from Mark MsPurple and TonyWK (thankyou TonyWK)

After reading the clarity you offered on 'We all talk of Racism'.....it really helped me try to phrase what I have been trying say all year.....I just couldnt find the words....you did...Nice1

Then you posted on Munchhausen's Syndrome.....on a new posters' thread...

Subdued may be right....I just hope you can stick around (if convenient for you of course).....you have an innate gift that would benefit many on and off the forums..I have learnt a lot from reading just 2 of your posts..ty

Thankyou Anthony for the mega wonderful heartfelt compliment

you just made my week:-)

my kindest

Paul

BlondGuy -- you are most welcome.
And to everyone else, thank you for your kind words... they bring a smile to my face.

SB

I have not been a contributor very long but would second third or fourth motion any positive recognition toward Paul. "He is a Legend!" and does what Legends do. Thinks, uses insight and trades his own personal time to help lift others. That is Gold!.....

hi Anthony, that's definitely a great confidence builder to someone like Paul, who has worked tirelessly on this site so that he can help anyone who posts a comment on any topic or section on the Beyond Blue site and who has been struggling for such a long time.
Paul has volunteered to contribute all his knowledge to guide people through their most difficult times which unfortunately he has had to encounter himself, but it has given him great strength and experience and he will continue to do so without any doubt.
I have to commend and praise him for all his hard work that he has participated in and thoroughly deserves a pat on the back.
Not enough credit is given to those who work day in and day out and who volunteer to do this during the day and/or night, it's a position that has been entrusted upon us by the management of BB.
Well done Paul for all your commitment and hope that we will keep seeing you on the site for a long time. Geoff.

Thankyou Wal (Nick) SB (Anthony) and Geoff, you have no idea how much it means you taking the time to post what you have...

You guys have really helped me out big time tonight...you have made the road I travel on less rocky than what it was just a few hours ago...

I am so proud to know and be with you...

from my heart

Paul

Paul,

Here's another thank you (to add to your wall of thank yous ha, ha).

Humble, kind and sincere. Also, you're devoid of ego (I respect that!) You make refreshing contributions here.

Dottie x