FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

CHRISTMAS 2018/NEW YEARS Chillout Lounge

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey Everybody! Christmas is the time of year to enjoy & share with family & friends. Some people will spend this time alone & isolated too!
This is a safe place where people can post and say hello, chat or send wishes to others and have a 'Virtual Christmas/New Years'!
Whether you have plans for Christmas/New Years or having a quiet one you can kick back and just enjoy company of others. Its been a long year. Even if you have never posted on Beyond Blue before you are very welcome to come in and sit around our 'Virtual Christmas Tree' and chat 🙂
You asked for this Paul here it is for all.
Santa (AKA Kanga Peter) Ho Ho! 🙂
535 Replies 535

Hi there....I am replying to the first three words in your post.....because "I loathe Xmas"...too!

thank God it's over for another year!! the damage, both financial and emotional the hype surrounding it does to people is criminal..that's the loathsome part...you are right - the pressure to spend spend spend is disgusting! What I dread is the inevitable QUESTION I get Every Year..."What are you Doing for Christmas?"

Nice to meet you and every good wish for 2018 - Happy New Year! (a fellow Scrooge)

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

Ah yes, that pressure to spend spend spend. I didn't buy too much this year. I really stuck to a limit. A few things for the kids that they wanted and needed. My little miss got a few toys from her Santa list and believe it or not her favourite is the $2 bouncy ball from Kmart. My family did a KK with a $20 limit. It was a game where you choose a gift or you could steal/swap someone else's. It was a lot of fun.

cmf

Hey Everybody......all readers of the forums and all the members too 🙂

There have been so many new people post here which has been wonderful and thankyou so much for taking the time to say hello and for your support. Whether you a fan of Christmas or not you have made so many people not feel so alone during this difficult period.

Thanks to ChrisB (Beyond Blue Forums/Community Manager) for posting the link for this thread at the top of the page in bright red encouraging people to say hello 🙂

I hope that 2018 treats you well

My Kindest

Paul

Sammyrooster
Community Member
Hi am new to this place site .l suffer depression & OCD .lately my depression has been getting the better of me.am struggling bad

Hi Sammyrooster

Welcome to the forums and good on you for having the courage to post.

Im sorry that you are going through a dark phase. I have depression/anxiety and understand where you are coming from. Can I ask if you are seeing a GP at the moment? I still see mine every month for a 'tune up'.

There are heaps of gentle people on the forums that can be here for you Sammy. The forums are also judgement free and a safe place to post too

There are many people in the 'Depression' heading that can help you too. You can also create your own post too under depression if you wish

We are here if you need any help.....no worries

My Kind thoughts for you

Paul

tim55
Community Member

Just stopping by to say thank you to the many people here who have offered kind words over the Christmas New Year break.

Those words have helped me through what I expected to be a tough time as I spent my first Christmas away from the family home. Hopefully it will be the last, but time will provide the answer to that. I'm back to work tomorrow, that should provide some more normality and distraction.

Thank you everybody. I hope you all have a great year this year.

Tim

So thank you to e

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Thankyou Tim for your wonderful post

You are not alone here in any way

I hope the New Year brings you some peace in your life. You words are kind and spoken from the heart

Great to have you as part of the Beyond Blue Family Tim

Please be gentle with yourself during this difficult time

My very Best

Paul

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Tim

you are more than welcome.

Next xmas WILL be great because you will plan for it to ensure you and your kids will have the best one possible. All within your capabilities.

Topic: the best praise you'll ever get- beyondblue

Tony WK

Thankyou TonyWK

For your support on both Christmas/New Years Chillout Lounge threads...In 2016 and 2017

I havent been online as long as you have Tony. I hope you dont mind me saying that your new threads and your life experience/counsel are a gift to everyone that reads/posts on the forums including myself

This thread will disappear soon as per the thread topic but your poetry is always in demand Tony....More please!

My Best for you and your family in the New Year. Paul

hello Moonstruck, thankyou so much and have only been told this mornining so I'm very sorry.

It didn't worry me if you had a drink on Xmas Day, but a social drinker hs many definitions, just like 'who is an alcoholic', everybody has their own interpretation, so if you want a drink to celebrate something or to have 1 or 2 drinks whenever maybe everyday to me that classifies as being a social drinker, the point being is if you can stop after 2 or 3 to me that becomes a social drinker.

Remember that other people who don't drink will call you an alcoholic but their interpretation is theirs alone, I have given up having a disagreement about being an alcoholic that I don't bother anymore, so if you want to have a drink and can stop after 2 or 3 good luck to you, the point is not to get intoxicated.

Many other people will disagree with me but they haven't been through the long slog that depression causes. Geoff.