FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

what physical feelings of anxiety do you get?

annabay
Community Member

hey there, what physical symptoms of anxiety do you experience?

I often feel very alone in my experience of having physical chest (what I think are heart) spasms and was wanting to create a space for everyone to list their physical feelings that come hand in hand with anxiety so we can all feel less alone.

hope everyone is well.

797 Replies 797

Azza56
Community Member

Hello all.

recently I have been pretty good and if any symptoms were coming up they were small and I just did my best to ignore them. But in the past few days I’ve had some flare ups but worse than before. Last night I felt tired out of nowhere and and got a bit lightheaded and then of course assumed I was going into cardiac arrest or something silly then in the past half an hour I was watching a show and started breathing shallow and my chest got very tight out of nowhere and I got dizzy. I’m super on edge now since I thought I was getting better since I’ve been making good life choices.

I’ve also been getting this occasional feeling of something rushing through my body like I feel super shaky but I’m not. It’s like I can feel my blood flowing all over my body. A lot of the time I also feel like I can feel my pulse all over my body like if I ball my fist I can feel it in my palm or put my fingers together I can feel it which I’ve never felt before an I quite frankly don’t like it. Has anyone else experienced these things? Other than this I have been pretty fantastic and even managed to get on a roller coaster the other day without having an attack. I get some chest discomfort like almost a spasm feeling after exercise it not too worrying.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Cockroach
Community Member
One of the physical symptoms I hate the most are the hot flushes. Particularly when I am struggling at work in front of my colleagues. It magnifies everything I am feeling and I feel trapped.

Guest_1573
Community Member

So many symptoms.....globus sensation, sore jaw, sore ear, sore throat, sore neck, sore shoulders, nausea, reflux, headaches....the list goes on and on. As I suffer severe health anxiety it is a nighmare. As per my last post surely if something sinister was happening the bloods, scans, xrays etc would show something??? 😞

clown_of_mine
Community Member

Vallie Sorry for your loss your husband must have been nice if you are missing him so. I hope you find some comfort here on the forums. I wish you well as you progress without him.

The Horrible Anxiety Symptom I Get Is The False Sensation Of Having To Pee it is infuriating Like I can visit the Loo and immediately experience the sensation again. Then I get dizzy I go pale and still I think I need the loo. Doctor has helped me heaps now I preload and I am getting better at handling the false sensations.

so I've had 4 panic attacks this week which is an unwanted surprise, and after all of them i get really tired. not like after exercise tired, but like if i blink im going to fall asleep while walking tired. that and becoming really hungry.

LLaw
Community Member

totally get how you all feel

i get headaches for days at a time, nausea, loss of appetite, weak joints and muscles

madeleineg
Community Member

I have anxiety symptoms of...

• Labored breathing, inability to take deep breaths
  • Nausea, loss of appetite
  • Heart and chest pain, mostly left side
  • Heart beating really fast, palpitations that are sometimes are felt in my throat
  • Sweating and clammy hands
  • Shaking and tremors, weakness and clumsiness
  • Mind fog, forgetfulness
  • Lightheaded, sometimes feels like there is air inflating behind my nose, eyes and forehead
  • Dizziness, vertigo
  • Headaches and migraines
  • Hot flushes, adrenaline
  • Muscle tension and spasms, back pain and tightness
  • Fatigue
  • Disassociation
  • Constipation
  • Insomnia and hypnotic jerks

Panic attack symptoms are...

• Cracking finger joints and clicking
  • Shaking knee (stimming)
  • Running my fingers through my hair on my head and pulling down at my hair
  • Shaking my head
  • Rolling back and forth or quickly changing positions
  • Scanning surroundings rapidly
  • Getting up, pacing back and forth
  • Yell, talking fast and slurred speech, stuttering
  • Hyperventilating
  • Hard and rapid heart beat
  • Adrenaline
  • Excessive sweating and clammy hands

Kindra
Community Member
I completely know how you feel. You are not alone. I have been experiencing debilitating panic attacks. I get sensations in my body and i think that Im going to die or something is happening i think the worst. At the moment im starting to recognise it early and start my deep breathing, focus on my breath that brings me back. I never have been a person with panic disorder, only recently in the last year with finishing my degree, relationships problems, financial problems and starting a new job coming up this has been heightened more than ever. I hope i can start my new job and this doesn't affect it too much

Kindra
Community Member
Hey, I know how you are feeling. I get in that loop too, I feel a sensation and i lose control. I think that my body is holding me hostage all the time. Im trying so hard with meditating, and deep breathing and being present. Its helping but some days are so freaking hard. I had no idea anixety was this bad. For years I havent experienced this.

Kindra
Community Member
Hi, yes i get OCD too about physical sensations and health anxiety. this more so than ever since i finished studying medicine. I feel so ashamed as i feel like my profession expects me to be strong and know about medical conditions enough to be able to control my own self. I place too much pressure on my self to be good. I get sensations in my body and I have panic attacks from them some times. I feel like i cant breath, swallow, and i have to go to the toilet.